I baked a lemon cake

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
RobC

12 Apr 2018

Cake2.jpg
Cake2.jpg (784.36 KiB) Viewed 310 times
I guess the soft ball stage wasn't enough for the taffy that I added to the bottom layer, for it just sogged into the dough. Was tasting interesting. Made that part using a half rotten lime. xD
The oranges on top were sour like "Hungarian oranges". The Dr. Oetker jelly was a complete fail and the orange-lemon juice in it remained a bit sour, too.

That said, the raisins are always nice to chew on; the rather thick, slightly crunchy outer layer worked nicely after all! The filling and the whipped cream and the sponge cake were fantastic. Gotta get a proper jelly powder next time, and cook up harder taffy.

All in all, not bad, quite ok, actually. Awfully good? xD Some sourness were indeed awful, but only on occasional bites, hehe.

Made it with 3 layers. Maybe I screwed the taffy up by adding filling on top of that, too.

What?... This is The Kitchen, after all!

Psuper

12 Apr 2018

I absolutely love lemon anything. I always cook for my family, we rarely eat out -- my English Roasts and Italian Lasagnas are out of this world. Not much of a baker though I can pull together a solid Lemon Meringue.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

RobC

12 Apr 2018

Psuper wrote:
12 Apr 2018
I absolutely love lemon anything. I always cook for my family, we rarely eat out -- my English Roasts and Italian Lasagnas are out of this world. Not much of a baker though I can pull together a solid Lemon Meringue.
I like baking now and then. But mostly sponge cake. Sometimes I even get sick of it. xD
I absolutely love Italian food, so even if I was visiting someone, I frequently made spaghetti and pizza ~ and tomato foods in general.
Never made Lasagna, but I really want to make some myself... I like it, too of course.
Most likely I'd love the others you mentioned, as well.

• Information