Pay then free? What gives?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
profesormartinez

01 Apr 2018

Don't get me wrong; I think Reason/Propellerheads is the best thing EVER since sliced bread (or glazed donuts :puf_smile: ) but I do have a gripe regarding Reason Shop. I recently bought Champagne Supernova Synth on special. Now, I see that Reason Shop is giving it away FREE! Is this common practice? Does it happen often? Put it on special and if it doesn't sell good, give it away? Believe me, $40 is not gonna break my bank. I'd just like to know of this has happened to anyone else too? I'm not rabid mad, mind you; just a little upset. Cheers!

MikeMcKew

01 Apr 2018

If you haven't bought anything from the shop before, I can see how this might be confusing. It's not free, it's still $39 (on sale) - but now that you've bought it, it doesn't show the price. It'll just show the download button, which is what I'm guessing you're seeing.
profesormartinez wrote:
01 Apr 2018
Don't get me wrong; I think Reason/Propellerheads is the best thing EVER since sliced bread (or glazed donuts :puf_smile: ) but I do have a gripe regarding Reason Shop. I recently bought Champagne Supernova Synth on special. Now, I see that Reason Shop is giving it away FREE! Is this common practice? Does it happen often? Put it on special and if it doesn't sell good, give it away? Believe me, $40 is not gonna break my bank. I'd just like to know of this has happened to anyone else too? I'm not rabid mad, mind you; just a little upset. Cheers!

eusti

01 Apr 2018

joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2018
I think what he might be seeing is the free price to update for those who own it already
In any case: To check what something that you bought is currently going for in the shop you'll need to log out of your account.

D.

MikeMcKew

01 Apr 2018

Ah you're probably right - I forgot that the device was updated recently. That makes it even more confusing! :lol:
joeyluck wrote:
01 Apr 2018
I think what he might be seeing is the free price to update for those who own it already

RobC

01 Apr 2018

...or son of a bunny! April 1st suspicion...

profesormartinez

03 Apr 2018

Hey, y'all! Yes, I'm in Texas! Thank you all for your answers. I'll check to see if other items I have bought are now "free". Again, thank all for your quick responses. Reason on!

ravisoni

07 Apr 2018

I remember this confusing me, and I'm certain that's exactly what happened (what others have described). Would be nice for them to simply say "free update" as opposed to just "free".
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

• Information