Let people rate your music (WARNING. People will be honest)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2018

Well this will be interesting and it might fail, but it's worth a try. It might also be very constructive if everyone can keep it together and put their egos aside for a while.

First of all if you are sensitive about your music or don't want your ego potentially destroyed do NOT post your music here.
But if you truly are curious about how other people feel about your music, good or bad then feel free to post your track and let people rate it if they want.

Guidelines/rules:

Rate any track that people post here on a scale of 1 to 10, with ten being the best.
Do it from a subjective perspective, meaning it could be as simple as you hating the style and therefore giving it a low rating. We want peoples actual opinions/feelings not some effort to objective reasoning.

Give a short comment on why you rated the way you did. This way the thread can be productive even if the criticism is harsh.

Don't be an asshole. You can still get your point across without being rude.
Also consider not rating a track at all if you don't like it.

Don't be defensive. If someone dislikes your track, don't argue back (even if the person is an asshole). Just take it. :)

Try your best not to reply to someones rating/comments. Doesn't matter if they are positive or negative. The thread will get messy fast if people start discussions. If you want to start a discussion with someone send a PM. Let's keep this thread clean and orderly.

Dante

28 Mar 2018

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2018

Dante wrote:
28 Mar 2018
Nice guitars and vocals. Great melodies. Not a fan of the drum sound (too bright and fake sounding) or the distorted guitar sound (too digital sounding). The song writing is good.

I'll give it a 6. If the drums and the distorted guitar sounded better I'd give it a higher rating.

Zac

28 Mar 2018

Does that work? That's my fave of my stuff. Judge away :)

plaamook

30 Mar 2018

People seem to like this one so I'll post it.

Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

moneykube

30 Mar 2018

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Marco Raaphorst

30 Mar 2018

I would say: don't rate. Just let people explain why they like something and not. Music cannot be rated. There's no good or bad.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
30 Mar 2018
I would say: don't rate. Just let people explain why they like something and not. Music cannot be rated. There's no good or bad.
Well it's supposed to be subjective so of course you can rate it. The same song can recieve both 1 and 10 by different people. That's the whole point of this thread. It's about being totally subjective here. We all know there's no objective truth to how good a song is. This thread is only for those curious enough to find out how someone would rate their track.

People can always get normal feedback from the "reason music" thread. That's not what this thread is about.

I would love it if you rated my track, the "No way out" video I posted here :D I'll be fine whatever you think of it. It's the blunt opinion I'm after.

SymphonicDischord

01 Apr 2018

Here’s one of my favorites off an album that the band I was in released a couple of months ago:

aeox
Competition Winner

01 Apr 2018

Should make it a rule that if you post a song you have to at least comment on one other track before that. Else, you're just going to get a bunch of tracks with no interaction on here.

eusti

01 Apr 2018

aeox wrote:
01 Apr 2018
Should make it a rule that if you post a song you have to at least comment on one other track before that. Else, you're just going to get a bunch of tracks with no interaction on here.
Sounds like a good idea to me. As it is now people seem to shy away from actually doing the rating... Me too, I have to say... As in most cases the genres aren't really my thing... So, I find it tough to gauge music styles that I don't too much familiarity with...

D.

Dante

02 Apr 2018

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Mar 2018
This is fast and furious, can hear it as a sound track to some action movie. Production is nice and fat. 8/10

Dante

02 Apr 2018

Zac wrote:
28 Mar 2018

This one evolves nicely especially with the rhythm guitar entry. 8/10

Dante

02 Apr 2018

plaamook wrote:
30 Mar 2018
People seem to like this one so I'll post it.

Well produced - maybe a bit sparse when without visuals. Reminded me at first of WW2 scenes of the invasion of Russia. 7/10

Dante

02 Apr 2018

moneykube wrote:
30 Mar 2018
Good development for an ambient track - lives up to its 'Inner Piece' title. 8.5/10

Dante

02 Apr 2018

SymphonicDischord wrote:
01 Apr 2018
Here’s one of my favorites off an album that the band I was in released a couple of months ago:

Good thrash metal (if that's the right name for it). A variety of changes maintains interest. Would be interested to know if all tracks are of real instruments or if any RE were used. 7/10

Zac

03 Apr 2018

Dante wrote:
02 Apr 2018
Zac wrote:
28 Mar 2018

This one evolves nicely especially with the rhythm guitar entry. 8/10
Thank you! I'm going through my worst ever lack of creativity. So many tools. No inspiration. Almost afraid to hear my forlorn attempts at musicality. I gave up on the 'rub my back ....' listening thing a while ago as all i got was pleasantries but this one helps. :)

SymphonicDischord

03 Apr 2018

Dante wrote:
28 Mar 2018
Overall a well written song. Good sense of melody and I really like your intro finger picked guitar. I would have to agree with Tritone though, your distorted guitars are very fizzy/digital and the drums fake sounding, which doesn’t quite fit in with the vibe of the song. Clean those aspects up you could have a solid winner on your hands. I’d give it a 7/10.

SymphonicDischord

03 Apr 2018

Dante wrote:
02 Apr 2018
SymphonicDischord wrote:
01 Apr 2018

Good thrash metal (if that's the right name for it). A variety of changes maintains interest. Would be interested to know if all tracks are of real instruments or if any RE were used. 7/10
Thanks for the feedback and taking the time to listen. All instruments are real, drums were miced and guitar/bass record direct. Guitars were done with a Line 6 Helix and the bass was processed with Helix Native. No RE’s or Native Reason devices on this track or the majority of the album but I did use an NN-XT and the Studio Corbach Mixfood Ambi Nature for the intro of the album. It helped to give the album some nice ambient buildup.

• Information