Need your thoughts and feedback

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
rogerraa

22 Mar 2018

Hey everyone! Man, it has been awhile... Just recently upgraded my copy of Reason and loving Europa and VST's!!!!!

It's great to be back and coming up for air after two babies, changing diapers, and all that stuff. I'm so looking forward to reconnecting with all my fellow prop forums OG's, meeting all you new regulars, shaking this music dust off, and hearing everyone's music!

But anyway... I'm posting this to get your thoughts and feedback on a project I'm working on. It's called Riff Rig. It's purpose will be to help us musicians get sh!t done and reach our goals.

*Disclaimer - There hasn't been much work on messaging so I'm kinda shooting from the hip here. Probably for the best anyway, (and hopefully comes across as more authentic) but thought I should mention it.

In essence it's an online storage service, but with tools to help us songwriters bring the seeds of our song ideas to a completed written song. So imagine for a moment.... all your piano chord progressions, hummed vocal lines and guitar riff ideas you've recorded over the years. (And if your not recording your scratch ideas yet, you should start!) Unless you're the kind of person that writes detailed notes, catalogs, and organizes.... your left with scattered ideas across a wide range of old cassettes, tape/digital recorders and new smartphones, dropbox accounts, or reason/daw sessions. No way to quickly find, categorize, or collaborate/share. And all with no context, lyrics, tunings, tab, or notation.

So many ideas left on table! Not good... So what if you had one place to both safely store, and develop your ideas? Save a project and resume it 2 months later with everything at hand.

Here is a quick look into the features. (still very much a WIP feature set)
  • Upload, import, or record directly.
  • Add your riffs to a project, write notes and lyrics.
  • Write notation or tab(aiming for automatic).
  • Define tunings.
  • Basic editing like volume and trim.
  • Edit BPM.
  • Teams "Bands".
  • Tag clips and projects.
  • Search.
Thank you for getting this far!! You are awesome! Here is where you can help make Riff Rig possible.
Survey - https://goo.gl/forms/gLwxbZy04OlidnGn2
Reply - I hope to get a discussion going here about your thoughts and suggestions.

Now over to you!

p.s. - If you would like to stay updated about the progress goto https://riffrig.com/ and join the newsletter.

rogerraa

28 Mar 2018

Thanks to all who completed the survey! Keep em coming!

I was also hoping to start a discussion here as well though.. If you have questions or thoughts please feel free and fire away. As my musician peers I value your opinions very much!

rogerraa

02 Jun 2018

Hey guys,

Just a quick update and another big thanks to everyone who has shown their support.
Development is coming along nicely. An alpha version is nearly ready for people to try out. The main dashboard is pretty much locked in, minus some of third party import integrations( dropbox, google drive, etc.).

Here is a screen shot of the dashboard:

The song editor part where you bring your riff ideas to life by writing tab, lyrics, setting tuning, etc. has a little bit more work to go before I'd consider it "presentable". My plan is too get the graphics a little farther along so we don't have to deal with an ugly grey prototype UI.

Again, thanks to everyone who's shown interest, and given their feedback and suggestions. I encourage those who haven't, to lock in your free account by joining the "I am interested" list on the website.

p.s. - If coding or graphic design interests you at all, or maybe your looking to learn and get some experience, I'm totally down to help out where I can. Just shoot me a message, and we can talk.

K, that's it for now... Happy writing.. go make some hits!

• Information