Happy accidents

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

21 Mar 2018

I had 2 weeks of putting a song together corrupted today. Thing is it's such a rarity.

I used to have so many happy accidents when browsing a groove in the old browser. Some sample or midi or rex would just sync so nicely it wrote itself.

Sorry but I'm a dinosaur. Give me the pre r8 browser anyday. Maybe when i upgrade from 9.5 to 10 I'll like the faves structure but I'm stuck in my ways. Since 2001.

Nocturn789

29 Mar 2018

Sometimes I just play around with some ideas when I'm stoned as fuck. A few months ago I was twisting some knobs on a Europa Instance for like maybe 3 minutes and I was so confused why I couldn't notice any difference until I had a clear moment of thinking and I realised I was on the wrong device. I was doing stuff on a muted Europa and listening to another Europa just above it on the rack.
Normally i would revert all changes but then I unmuted this one and IT WAS FUCKING AMAZING.

Then I made a track out of it :mrgreen:

If you're interessted, it's the pad sound that starts at about 1:00 I created by accident :P
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

plaamook

30 Mar 2018

Nocturn789 wrote:
29 Mar 2018
Sometimes I just play around with some ideas when I'm stoned as fuck. A few months ago I was twisting some knobs on a Europa Instance for like maybe 3 minutes and I was so confused why I couldn't notice any difference until I had a clear moment of thinking and I realised I was on the wrong device. I was doing stuff on a muted Europa and listening to another Europa just above it on the rack.
Hah! That's great.
I don't hit on the cheeba cause I get the fear so bad but I've done that on some of the more chaotic tracks stone cold sober!

I'm only really interested in the accidents. I call it experimentation. I have a vague idea of a direction and I know how to steer audio but if I'm not discovering things in process I don't feel satisfied. So I bsically try to set up accidents. That's how I make music.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Zac

30 Mar 2018

plaamook wrote:
30 Mar 2018
Nocturn789 wrote:
29 Mar 2018
Hah! That's great.
I don't hit on the cheeba cause I get the fear so bad but I've done that on some of the more chaotic tracks stone cold sober!

I'm only really interested in the accidents. I call it experimentation. I have a vague idea of a direction and I know how to steer audio but if I'm not discovering things in process I don't feel satisfied. So I bsically try to set up accidents. That's how I make music.
Love that. Experimentation is key for me too.

• Information