I think about deleting my SoundCloud account because ...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Ahornberg

28 Feb 2018

I think about deleting my SoundCloud account because it works against my bandcamp shop.

What are your opinions on selling music?

motuscott

28 Feb 2018

You can make SC streaming only & direct them to BC to purchase.
Since you can stream on BC, it does seem redundant though
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MikeMcKew

28 Feb 2018

I personally maintain both because I see them as different audiences. Same with YouTube. The way I think about it is to use Bandcamp as a sort of "hub" for music where people are able to buy. Everywhere else is just for streaming and will link people back to the Bandcamp (when possible). Might as well put your music in as many places as possible to increase exposure, right?

Given how many people listen to music today (subscription streaming services), I don't think Bandcamp is working against anything. Instead, Bandcamp is there as an option for those people who really want to support your music by buying it. Patreon is another option for this, and the two don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Of course, you probably can't be sure that what you describe is or isn't happening. To ensure it's not, you would have to make your music available ONLY on Bandcamp, which to me seems counterproductive. Again, might as well put it in as many places possible!

demt

28 Feb 2018

erm how do you delete a soundcloud account, iwas very stoned once and mucked it been regretting it for years
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

motuscott

03 Mar 2018

SC will delete your account for a very reasonable termination fee
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

demt

04 Mar 2018

Drat
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

full-of-life

04 Mar 2018

sometimes it felt like a company's trademark belonged to the community, that was once upon a time.
distrokid might be a more flattering alternative https://distrokid.desk.com/customer/en/ ... s/articles

• Information