What music has influenced your own music the most?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
moneykube

27 Feb 2018

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Micha1973

27 Feb 2018

my step into music was in the 80´2. and then i heard Laserdance

this was a new sound with a "space" feeling

from then on I tried to copy this music

see here

Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

Marc64

06 Mar 2018

Jarre, tangerine dreams, trance, ambient and chillout stuff. Also amiga and c64 had a great impact in my life. Doing remixes of mods and sids.

Skickat från min SM-G935F via Tapatalk

demt

06 Mar 2018

hawkwind etc
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

4filegate

09 Mar 2018

at this point in time

avasopht
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2018

For me it's video game music, a bit of Kauru Wada, Charles Aznavour, Bach, Timbaland and Dr Dre

deepndark

21 Mar 2018

The Prodigy, Hybrid (the electronic music other than their's gamemusic stuff), Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Faithless, Bomfunk MC's, Moby, so yeah, the golden era of electronic music.

Creativemind

21 Mar 2018

Auryn wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Gorgon wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Lol what? Does Narayan ring a bell?
Okok, all except Narayan... but I think my point about TFOTL still stands, there's nothing spaced out like "skylined", or like the dark sweaty basement techno of "the heat the energy" on there. But I don't want to argue too much with an Amiga brother ;)

I do also love Kula Shaker though... this track from their last album made it into my favourites playlist:
Yeah Kula Shaker are a great band. Rave music was the first music that blew me away with Britpop being next. Oasis were the first non-electronic band to wow when a lad played me the (What's the Story) Morning Glory album. So yeah Oasis, The Verve, Supergrass, Pulp, Blur, Suede, Kuka Shaker, Ocean Colour Scene, Radiohead, Charlatans, Manic Street Preachers, Reef, Space etc. All great bands in the 90's.

Everybody was the same with Fat of the Land. The Prodigy were ravers and then FOTL came out Firestarter (although brilliant) was a lot more indie and different.

They still influence me though. So I'd say Oasis, The Verve, Radiohead, The Beatles, Rolling Stones, The Who, The Kinks and Pink Floyd have influenced me the most with guitar music and Noel and his High Flying Birds is still banging out amazing tunes. Check out the title track from his latest album. Top drawer.

And as for Electronic music I have to say Wind It Up, Weather Experience and Jericho by The Prodigy...

And these are some old skool house tracks I love...

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

abeonis

21 Mar 2018

Successively:
  • Pink Floyd
  • Tangerine dream
  • Depeche Mode
  • Generally speaking, the forbidden rave scene during the 90's (Psytrance and acid-everything)
Now I am happily retired and spend my huge free time enjoying Reason VST.
Windows 10 64-bit | Reason 9.5 | Live 10 Suite + Push2 | Intel i7 8700K | 16 GB RAM | Scarlett 6x6 | Arturia MiniLab MK II | 2x Novation LaunchControl XL

superpop

21 Mar 2018

Nothing from this century :cool:

Reasonable man

22 Mar 2018

The Trainspotting album
Leftism - the album

Brian Eno and his music making philosophy I guess. I remember the track that made me finally decide to buy a computer and try to write electronic music. It was a piece of ambient music used in an Irish drama called Love/Hate. I tracked it down and listened to it on repeat for weeks

RobC

22 Mar 2018

I would say, Jean Michel Jarre.

Soeno

22 Mar 2018

yeah, Zoolook was great besides the older stuff, also Yello or Can & Holger Czukay, Joy Division, Chrome, Crass & Dead Kennedys and last but not least Namlook with his Fax Records

RobC

23 Mar 2018

He could have done Oxygen III (album) better, though. It had potential, but yeah, 1 month work was a bit shamelessly rushed.
The collaboration albums as of late, weren't bad, but... god, why the loudness war?!

eusti

23 Mar 2018

4filegate wrote:
09 Mar 2018
at this point in time

Love that one too. Like the mix of electronic and real drums. :)

D.

PSoames

23 Mar 2018

John "Johnny" Keating. Superb arranger, musician and composer in his own right.

This version of "I feel the Earth", is immense; as is the whole, "Space Experience" album, (which i believe was used mainly as demonstration material in the newly burdgeoning Hi-Fi market in the early 70s.)

And the "Unknown planet" - if ever a piece of music deserved the title, "A Fucking Master Piece", it's this.

Damn! That horn section gives me the horn.

platzangst

24 Mar 2018

Wire. The 80s era in particular but it's all good.

Negativland.

80s/90s industrial and EBM music - Front 242, Nitzer Ebb, Skinny Puppy, NIN and such, but also darker and more experimental things like Throbbing Gristle and Cabaret Voltaire.

80s/90s experimental/noise cassette underground.

Electric Light Orchestra.

More recent minimal electronica, along the lines of the Raster-Noton label.

Afro funk, either the real deal from the 70s or the retro-styled modern bands.

4filegate

06 Sep 2018

Here's the f***ing Parcels - Live

Aussies , living in Berlin, signed to a French record label, doing "sort of a blend between electro-pop and disco-soul". Their sound has since been described as having "an unmistakeable penchant for the 70s [...] fusing together the old and the new"

O1B

06 Sep 2018

Complaining your parents didn't take you to see Kiss?? Chu-!
I didn't see the Sun set until I was 16 (except for the 4-8 work hrs of a 14-year old)

but, back to O.P. awesome groups/songs. Prodigy. Yes? them, and Mobb Deep.
But, right now, it's about FeedBack. Of course, run though Moog Drive, EQD Tonejob and Roland's Demora:

Gorgon wrote:
26 Feb 2018
plaamook wrote:
25 Feb 2018
So I'm a few years older than you but still, I really liked Kiss when I was young. Younger than 10 though. When I was about 8 my Grannie took me to see them somewhere in Maine while we were on holiday one summer.
I wanted to go but my parents wouldn't let me or take me there. I have still not forgiven them.

Torranium

06 Sep 2018

Michéle Torr

splangie

06 Sep 2018

At the very bottom of my list are Motley Crew, Poison, Rat, Kiss, Metallica, Rush and Bruce Springsteen. Plus Richard Harris.

• Information