Foley and sound effect libraries?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
EdGrip

02 Jan 2018

Hello!
Is there anyone around here who can tell me a bit about industry standard sound libraries in film and TV?

Basically, someone mentioned the Wilhelm scream, and it reminded me I've been meaning to discover the source of those hackneyed sound effects you hear all the time - that opening door one, that key-in-lock one, that distant-whistling one that was drummed into some of us by the Offshore Rig level of Tomb Raider 2 which turns up from time to time and snags our minds?

I'd love to get a bit of sound-designer inside track on this subject, as I am a terrible geek.
Cheers!

modecca

03 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
02 Jan 2018
Hello!
Is there anyone around here who can tell me a bit about industry standard sound libraries in film and TV?
Everything you could ever want could be found in this library. Downside it's gunna run you about 5 grand .
https://shop.prosoundeffects.com/produc ... ts-library
🔗💥

joeyluck

12 Jan 2018

EdGrip wrote:
02 Jan 2018
Hello!

Basically, someone mentioned the Wilhelm scream, and it reminded me I've been meaning to discover the source of those hackneyed sound effects you hear all the time - that opening door one, that key-in-lock one, that distant-whistling one that was drummed into some of us by the Offshore Rig level of Tomb Raider 2 which turns up from time to time and snags our minds?

I'd love to get a bit of sound-designer inside track on this subject, as I am a terrible geek.
Cheers!
I'm a sound designer with a primary focus in theatre. But I'm actually not knowledgable at all of sound libraries, as I create everything myself. But I did come across this company today, Boom Library, when I learned of their first plugin, Turbine. Their libraries look to be high quality. Of course, not where you would find the typical, reused stuff like the Wilhelm scream...

• Information