Reasontalk DJ of the Year 2017

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
CaliforniaBurrito

16 Dec 2017

Disclaimer: I am not officially on the Reasontalk Board of Directors.
Last edited by CaliforniaBurrito on 18 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

motuscott

16 Dec 2017

Well I made it almost three minutes in but then was a good time to wash the dishes and separate the recycling

They didn't have hip hop when I was in high school.

Not to be dismissive.
I'm a big fan, hope you know that.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

WongoTheSane

16 Dec 2017

"The dirty laundry in the background, which seems to be a common theme in his work..."

Hadn't laughed so much in a good while. You both deserve the Meta Duo of the Year Award! Thanks for posting this Peter, I hope we'll get Modecca's answer soon!

motuscott

17 Dec 2017

WTF are you doing with the hand that isn't drinking beer?
Just askin'

modecca

18 Dec 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
16 Dec 2017

Disclaimer: I am not officially on the Reasontalk Board of Directors.

I was pretty buzzed when I watched this laughing my ass off reliving the absurdity.
I stopped laughing when I saw you trashing me at the end though lol.

I love the cognitive dissonance that arises when I try to grasp how the 'reason talk artist of the year' is simultaneously regressing!
I would have picked a guy who is getting better.

I think you might be saying that I have gravitated to more silly stuff as of late and you would prefer me to take things more seriously.
That's both time consuming and hard work!

I find your presentation style engaging and would genuinely love to see you review others.
🔗💥

siln

18 Dec 2017

1 teflon tomb is unable to hand a knife withut shaking hands due to drinking too much sparks energy drinks
2 underwears everywhere wtf
3 fancy bike
4 hippy bongo player
5 savage techno
6 how does his flat really looks like ? : seems their is a garden, he is living floor 0 for sure, but where are the couchs , the one size bed? they seems to be moving place in any vid , that s really confusing
7 my hope in 2018 is to have any chance to listen to more of his savage techno upgraded 2.0 on steroids (or just an cool beat ,dont want to challenge him too much for not wasting any of his creativity blast )
(watched only half of the hour vid for now so can t relate too much of what being said , but agreed on the questoins about knifes xD)

CaliforniaBurrito

18 Dec 2017

modecca wrote:
18 Dec 2017
I was pretty buzzed when I watched this laughing my ass off reliving the absurdity.
This project was a massive undertaking for me in addition to drinking too much and only getting a few hours of sleep before work on top of already being sleep-deprived.

I truly believe you are a standout artist and have contributed a lot to this community. I've spent quite some time reasoning with my negativity besides my personal struggles with the above.

Here are some thoughts and realizations.

Your music video playlist was not updated so I missed out on reviewing Bath Salts and Imaginary Friends II. There are some standout moments in those projects that would've saved us. I don't know why I just went off your playlist and didn't comb through your actual channel. I literally got off work and decided to do this. The review was premeditated to an extent but also done on a whim without much planning.

I also take into consideration that the visual arts are important to you and maybe sometimes they mean more to you than the music. Music always comes first for me.

Having fun is cool but I do personally prefer some depth. I have a habit of projecting I know and I've had my fun moments so that isn't very fair.

Cognitive dissonance can be a beautiful thing sometimes. I didn't do this project with the intention of highlighting regression and the suggestion thereof was intended to be more constructive than destructive. I don't even know what getting better or worse means or who fits into those categories but I know when somebody can do better or worse.

In conclusion, you've come a long way since before this year, so regression is neither here nor there.

Special Note: That guy Alex who made the comment about visuals and narcissm has some demons that are destroying him even though you might find some humor in such ridiculous feedback.
Last edited by CaliforniaBurrito on 18 Dec 2017, edited 1 time in total.

motuscott

18 Dec 2017

I should prolly cut back on like everything

motuscott

18 Dec 2017

Calif & Mod
Biggest fan & yes I've been drinikng
Howz my spelling? Dial 1 800 something or other

CaliforniaBurrito

18 Dec 2017