Electronic Music Recommendations Wanted

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
MannequinRaces

14 Dec 2017

Hi all, looking for your electronic music recommendations. Really need some new music to check out. I know Electronic music is a very broad category with many sub genres and am mostly looking for recommendations on recent music (2016-2017) made with modulars, and IDM. I'm a fan of most music genres in general but am looking for inspiration with this focus in mind. Thanks as always! Some artists / people I like are Datach'i, Richard Devine, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher. Anything in the same vein as those I'll definitely check out.

Ostermilk

14 Dec 2017

MannequinRaces wrote:
14 Dec 2017
Hi all, looking for your electronic music recommendations. Really need some new music to check out. I know Electronic music is a very broad category with many sub genres and am mostly looking for recommendations on recent music (2016-2017) made with modulars, and IDM. I'm a fan of most music genres in general but am looking for inspiration with this focus in mind. Thanks as always! Some artists / people I like are Datach'i, Richard Devine, Aphex Twin, Autechre, Squarepusher. Anything in the same vein as those I'll definitely check out.
Try some 'radio' out for a couple of weeks.

e.g. https://www.di.fm/

You'll start picking up on artists that grab your attention just by having it on in the background.

MannequinRaces

15 Dec 2017

I'll check it out thanks! Any other stations you recommend (Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Unlimited Music, etc.)?

CaliforniaBurrito

15 Dec 2017

Yeah di.fm is good with something for everybody. Spotify is good if you already have a lead such as a favorite artist posting playlists. I follow some artists and labels on SoundCloud who do their own radio shows of selected music. Then there's also Mixcloud. Is Pandora still around? You can build a channel depending on some selected references but I haven't used that in years.

siln

18 Dec 2017

If you re into IDM (and not EDM i tend to misspell it anytime) , just keep sticking to warp record , im not sure if any label could compete with them since the 90s , Clark is a one I like very much , there has been some dubstep very inspirated from idm such as koan sound , asa , burial , for me these kind of sounds are a legit evolution of idm :

siln

18 Dec 2017

oops , as for modular , i guess they get into berlin minimal tech or something, not sure though

MannequinRaces

18 Dec 2017

Thank you I haven’t been keeping up with what Warp records is doing so I’ll start there.

siln

18 Dec 2017

yes someone correct me if i am wrong but i think idm splitted in an infinte amount of genre : the ones taking highly processed drums, the ones who take modular synth, the one who take psychedelic vibes , the ones who takes industrials, that is fun ho much suarepusher and aphex twin where such underground viewed artist and how much they managed to sign for a lot of commercials though , not judging , just a lot of talents and opportunity could result from this genre , and the genre still living , i guess it has been roughly challenged by all the subgenre take were inspired from it such as deep dubstep and chill step (mostly for drums and fx) , then pure modular techno/minimal( im not specalist in this field), so i gues snowadays they still keep up doing their things , and hopefully they could rise up again in a few years , my two cents

Goodbye

21 Dec 2017

Actress. Up there with Afx and Burial imho.

Start with Ghettoville.

• Information