Do you dream about music making?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

10 Dec 2017

My guitar is in storage at the moment so over the last few months I've had many vivid dreams about playing it.

Last night i dreamt that the props released Subtractor as a VST! It looked slightly more modern and a nicer shade of blue. Dreams are wierd ;)

CaliforniaBurrito

10 Dec 2017

I wish I had such dreams with hopes of something being revealed to me but I work overnight and I'm generally sleep-deprived. :shifty:

Oquasec

10 Dec 2017

Nope. Mostly sculpture related
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

normen

10 Dec 2017

I do dream about engineering at times. Strange shows where suddenly the band on stage morphs to something completely different and the mic placement is suddenly messed up and stuff like that.

The weirdest dream was when I set up a musical theater where most of the equipment existed but the main Cadac console missed the pot knobs of the output matrix (apparently so nobody changes the matrix). But the knobs were nowhere to be found. Anyway the dream was a wild goose chase through the theater which suddenly had exactly 256 rooms (as many as the matrix knobs) and I had to hunt the guy who worked there previously to find them all..

motuscott

10 Dec 2017

I dreamed about restringing my elec git last night. Maybe the gods of tonality are getting a little bothered.
Don't get me started about construction dreams, I've chopped off so many limbs...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Zac

10 Dec 2017

Hehe I can relate to anxiety dreams. My work related ones hark back to when i was lecturing and quite often involve going from room to room trying to find out where the class is.

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2017

This post made me realize that I don't even remember having any dreams for the last few years.

And if I did, they certainly wouldn't be about the thing that I spend 14 hours a day doing. At least I'd hope not :P

normen

10 Dec 2017

aeox wrote:
10 Dec 2017
This post made me realize that I don't even remember having any dreams for the last few years.
Thats the weed or the opiates :P

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Dec 2017

normen wrote:
10 Dec 2017
aeox wrote:
10 Dec 2017
Thats the weed or the opiates :P
Neither of those.. i'm just a coffee drinker, I try to quit all the time but fail. Maybe it's the coffee!

motuscott

10 Dec 2017

W Burroughs said something like, when I was on the stuff I did my dreaming while awake.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

full-of-life

11 Dec 2017

When I close my eyes at night I enter another world and my GHIELMETTI Audio Routing Systems Patchpanels becomes my reality.

normen

11 Dec 2017

full-of-life wrote:
11 Dec 2017
When I close my eyes at night I enter another world and my GHIELMETTI Audio Routing Systems Patchpanels becomes my reality.
Brrrrr... What a cold blue/white world ^^

full-of-life

11 Dec 2017

normen wrote:
11 Dec 2017
full-of-life wrote:
11 Dec 2017
Brrrrr... What a cold blue/white world ^^
bluewhite world.jpg
bluewhite world.jpg (291.55 KiB) Viewed 2670 times
Everything we see can be seen in another way. Different viewpoints lead to different dimensions.
R10 msi gt72 windows10 abluesky mediadesk 2.1 CME WaveIdea Bitstream 3X/Xkey37 4filegate YT ▢▢ allihoopa

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

11 Dec 2017

I remember writing some of my best songs while dreaming.

I never remember the actual fucking songs, though. :lol:

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Dec 2017

I dreamt of some performances in the past and dreamt of playing something different, then I woke up and forgot all of that altogether, also ;) More often my dream consists of three female angels choir and me at the piano but thats another story... :lol:

craven

11 Dec 2017

sometimes - it often sounds much better than my music making when I'm awake. Can be inspiring but also quite devastating when you wake up and realise that your nice track was just a dream.
:ugeek:

Dabbler

11 Dec 2017

The other night, just before waking up I dreamt I was in some castle like structure and along the wall was a crucible-like formation similar to the ones in church for holy water, except this area where the water would be, was all black. I recall thinking aloud or someone else said "what it that?", and I replied "the unfortunate web of circle spiders."

siln

11 Dec 2017

I often dream about playing percussions in a lot of extraordinary circumstances such as : playing indian tablas with a group of people aboard an helicopter flying up some red canyons deserts (doors open) , or playing some asian djembe (which doesnt exist already) with a band of samurais :)

tibah

11 Dec 2017

I dream when I make music. Counts?

Zac

11 Dec 2017

I'm lucky and cursed that i have quite a good connection to my dream state. I can often recall dreams as i wake and quite often further details surface as I'm dropping off the next night. Sometimes they continue but that's mainly only when i briefly wake in the same night.

A down side is that if i have spirit crushing dreams they can linger all day and bring my mood down.

I do have recurring flying dreams (legs out front and on my back waving my arms) as well so can't grumble.

I didn't mention it but some of my guitar dreams have involved rhythm playing to hendrix and page. Awesome.

Zac

11 Dec 2017

Ha ha reply to that. Did i mention i have no ideas of social protocol? Dig deep babe. Heaven can wait.

Creativemind

11 Dec 2017

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had music in a dream. If I do I don't remember it.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

teddymcw

12 Dec 2017

Gonna play a serious note on this subject for a moment and say - don't waste your dream powers! The mind is only in the between dream and waking state for once or twice per day and should be paid attention to for all sorts of insight and creativity. 'They' say all you gotta do is consciously decide to pay attention to that state. I'm telling this to myself as much as anyone but I think it could be a very valuable skill if done right.

normen

12 Dec 2017

teddymcw wrote:
12 Dec 2017
Gonna play a serious note on this subject for a moment and say - don't waste your dream powers! The mind is only in the between dream and waking state for once or twice per day and should be paid attention to for all sorts of insight and creativity. 'They' say all you gotta do is consciously decide to pay attention to that state. I'm telling this to myself as much as anyone but I think it could be a very valuable skill if done right.
Hmmm... Thanks, will do! A friend of mine has master OBE skills and he also said it started in that dream/wake state.

Bloma

12 Dec 2017

I've made music in my lucid dreams before, but I never fucking remember it, because I'm too lazy to get up in the middle of the night and sing it out. Holy fuck, new goal is to at least try and record a melody if this happens again! It's quite rare.

• Information