How much would you be willing to pay to host your own music to stream / embedd?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
avasopht
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2017

I think free services are counter productive and much more costly than free.

Soundcloud was free and awesome, but free is not sustainable on its own, it needs funds. In order to obtain those funds it has to make you pay in other ways, be it the inconvenience of being served ads, a sacrifice of good service leading to shitloads of spam in your inbox, or pay structures that just make no sense.

So my question to you is, how much would you pay for music hosting / streaming, and how much would you expect to get from that?

FlowerSoldier

30 Sep 2017

avasopht wrote:
29 Sep 2017
I think free services are counter productive and much more costly than free.

Soundcloud was free and awesome, but free is not sustainable on its own, it needs funds. In order to obtain those funds it has to make you pay in other ways, be it the inconvenience of being served ads, a sacrifice of good service leading to shitloads of spam in your inbox, or pay structures that just make no sense.

So my question to you is, how much would you pay for music hosting / streaming, and how much would you expect to get from that?
I'm not disparaging your idea, but you can do that on youtube. That's where I look for most of my new music.

avasopht
Competition Winner

01 Oct 2017

Oh yeah, youtube!

Hmm, ... really struggling to find any objections to it. You can create playlists, detailed track descriptions and people are more likely to have the YouTube app installed on their phone.

Only downside is that it drains the battery so you might get a little less watching on the go, but all in all they seem the most ideal. Plus there's little chance of them going out of business within our lifetime.

demt

04 Oct 2017

erm thats not music thats a 15 g video with an audio backing track unless we come up with a easy way of making vids our attempts on you tube are a bit outclassed
yet isle keep pumping them out whilst looking for the majick vid kit,really need to master cartoons just to be heard as a musician!!!!!!.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information