Anyone of you tried ghostproducing??

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
nooomy

11 Sep 2017

I just put up my first song for sale on (= I will loose all rights to the song)

The website put the price 250 euros (!!!)

I mean i have released 20-30 songs on spotify, itunes etc etc... and earned around 70 euros in 5 years.

If i sell one song i will earn the same amount as the streaming income for 20 years!!! That is if i sell the song...

So have you guys tried any of these pages/ghostproducing and made some cash?
Last edited by nooomy on 11 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

Yea I use edmghostproducer.com, you set your own prices but they take 30%

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Sep 2017

The first rule of ghostproducing is to not talk about ghostproducing! :lol:

You're gonna have to step it up nooomy and make some EDM bangers like David Guetta. :D

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

Oh yea noomy, I'm not sure about the contract for that company but for me I can't show people the music I'm selling on the site for obvious reasons.

nooomy

11 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2017
Oh yea noomy, I'm not sure about the contract for that company but for me I can't show people the music I'm selling on the site for obvious reasons.
Aw shoot :/ okey i removed the link! Thanks for the tips!

So is it worth it? How long dose it take to sell a song?
Last edited by nooomy on 11 Sep 2017, edited 1 time in total.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Sep 2017
make some EDM bangers like David Guetta. :D
The irony!

nooomy

11 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Sep 2017
The first rule of ghostproducing is to not talk about ghostproducing! :lol:

You're gonna have to step it up nooomy and make some EDM bangers like David Guetta. :D
David Guetta uses alot of ghost producers!!

Oquasec

11 Sep 2017

Is that a serious site? or another meme to use on the webs just because? [A question I ask before clicking the site later after I go to sleep and check it out later]
If that's legit, no more fucking memes. :lol:
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

dioxide

11 Sep 2017

I was considering this a while back. I'd like to hear if anyone has sold anything using those sites?

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
11 Sep 2017
I was considering this a while back. I'd like to hear if anyone has sold anything using those sites?
I can't speak for the site nooomy linked but I've sold many tracks on edmghostproducer.com. It is the most popular website that I know of and I haven't tried any others.

If you preview some of the tracks currently on there and think you can offer similar quality, just send in your tracks for review.

dioxide

11 Sep 2017

aeox wrote:
11 Sep 2017
dioxide wrote:
11 Sep 2017
I can't speak for the site nooomy linked but I've sold many tracks on edmghostproducer.com. It is the most popular website that I know of and I haven't tried any others.

If you preview some of the tracks currently on there and think you can offer similar quality, just send in your tracks for review.
Okay thanks, good to hear! I might have a dig around.

Oquasec

11 Sep 2017

Good to hear. I'll wait to see what you guys come up with.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

CaliforniaBurrito

11 Sep 2017

Today I found out a co-worker dresses up in a costume like a superhero and patrols the streets with other costumed peers to fight crime. You can do anything you put your mind to.

aeox
Competition Winner

11 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
11 Sep 2017
Today I found out a co-worker dresses up in a costume like a superhero and patrols the streets with other costumed peers to fight crime. You can do anything you put your mind to.
:O

motuscott

12 Sep 2017

Interested in hearing more about this girlproducing phenomena.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

silva

19 Dec 2018

edmghostproducer.com are scammers!!! They sold my track and it's already 1 month like they didn't sent me a payment, and they are not replying me, be careful!!

PeterP

21 Dec 2018

I really don't see the point...

I don't mind writing songs for other artists. I don't mind artists and performers who don't write their own songs.

But why do it anonymously? It just feels wrong.

minilog

21 Dec 2018

PeterP wrote:
21 Dec 2018
But why do it anonymously? It just feels wrong.
Uh money? They don't do it for fun.

Kenni
Site Admin

21 Dec 2018

nooomy wrote:
11 Sep 2017
I just put up my first song for sale on (= I will loose all rights to the song)

The website put the price 250 euros (!!!)

I mean i have released 20-30 songs on spotify, itunes etc etc... and earned around 70 euros in 5 years.

If i sell one song i will earn the same amount as the streaming income for 20 years!!! That is if i sell the song...

So have you guys tried any of these pages/ghostproducing and made some cash?
To be honest, there's several levels of this. The "ghost producing" term has turned into something people can purchase for instant success while they maintain their DJ carreer, OR, a shortcut into popularity as a newcomer.

I've been associated with labels who need productions for up and coming vocalists/songwriters/bands who needed productions. I have had catalogues of finished songs waiting for the right vocalist or performer. These productions has been sold as exclusive full-right material for no less than $8.000 a piece, with the most expensive production being $13.000.

Don't get lost in the ghost production jungle. If you're in it for the cash, there's alternatives - The common denominator is that regardless of what you do, pursue the art of actually improving. If you at some point realize that the commercial side of things sucks, then do music for the right reasons instead: Being creative and expressing yourself regardless of what people like. If you're creative and put your mind and feelings into writing exactly what you want to write, you'll get that cash-success anyway.

Fame is what fame is, fortune is super-duper subjective :)
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Dec 2018

I stopped doing this a few months ago to focus on making music for myself which I actually care about. The money was nice, but only short term and certainly not worth it for me in the long run.

Wobbleburger

21 Dec 2018

Wow nice! I'm going to try this tonight... Any tips on what genres sell the most?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

PhillipOrdonez

21 Dec 2018

I've considered this. I have done ghost producing for a few clients, but would like to do a lot more of it!

I would also know more about sites like the one aeox mentioned, how is the average price, how fast do they sell and what style of music did they actually sell there?

guitfnky

21 Dec 2018

interesting. is this only an EDM phenomenon?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

minilog

23 Dec 2018

aeox wrote:
21 Dec 2018
I stopped doing this a few months ago to focus on making music for myself which I actually care about. The money was nice, but only short term and certainly not worth it for me in the long run.
That is good man. I remember I copped that Not A Real Album some time ago. Looking forward to hearing more stuff from you.
Wobbleburger wrote:
21 Dec 2018
Wow nice! I'm going to try this tonight... Any tips on what genres sell the most?
I imagine anything that is being played at the mainstream festivals. Any genre with the word Future in it? Future House, Future Bass, Future Trash, etc. I might be sooo last year though.
guitfnky wrote:
21 Dec 2018
interesting. is this only an EDM phenomenon?
Pop artists and rappers can have ghost writers. Otherwise I think the closest thing to ghosting in instrumental music is hiring session musicians in a project which could be fairly obvious.

• Information