What cloud storage provider are you using for music projects, and why do you like/dislike it?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
jappe

09 Sep 2017

I changed my VISA card, and forgot to update my Microsoft 100GB+ sub (MS not sending any transaction failure notifications didn't help me remembering it)
So MS cancelled my sub.
And alas, that cheap 100GB+ sub I had doesn't exist anymore - they changed it to 50GB, and is what MS offered me when I wanted to renew the 100GB sub.

I'd be more than happy to find a good alternative rather than jumping on the 50GB or the Office 365 1 TB deal - any suggestions?

joeyluck

09 Sep 2017

I use Google Drive. I pay $9.99/month for 1 TB
I save all of my ReFills and Reason projects there so that I can have them backed up and access them anywhere. I have never had an issue with syncing.

jappe

09 Sep 2017

joeyluck wrote:
09 Sep 2017
I use Google Drive. I pay $9.99/month for 1 TB
I save all of my ReFills and Reason projects there so that I can have them backed up and access them anywhere. I have never had an issue with syncing.
I decided to go with the 1TB Office 365; when comparing some alternatives I found that to be the best solution for me currently; though I was reluctant to reward their lousy sub auto-cancel policy and lack of transaction failure notifications (and support personnel focusing more on being polite than dealing with the issue)

I'm going to keep an eye of alternatives!

Regarding googles alternative: To me google drive/google photos/android Album is a bit confusing. Probably since I didn't read up on exactly how they work and where they store what - I get a sense of lack of control of my photos.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Sep 2017

I've never had a need for cloud storage. I don't even leave my house.

elMisse

10 Sep 2017

1TB Office 365 UI is pretty good, and ok priced I guess...
I just disable the realtime backup for 2 or 8h when making music. I have nothing to complain about it. :)

My whole library takes now around 100GB and is synced to my travelling laptop too.

drloop

10 Sep 2017

I backup to Amazon Glacier. Really cost effective but it takes time to get your files back from Glacier. But I use it for Disaster recovery and as longterm backup solution.

Oquasec

11 Sep 2017

Overnight backups to a private ftp server.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

sonicbyte

11 Sep 2017

I use backblaze, is great...with unlimited storage for just 50 U$ per year... is the best backup system I've tried so far (I've use dropbox, amazon, ftp)....nothing close to backblaze in what you've got for your money IMHO. You can trial it for 30 days.

In case anyone is interested, signup with this code so both get one extra month for free
https://secure.backblaze.com/r/01487w

• Information