Funny or Tragic

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
CaliforniaBurrito

06 Sep 2017

I am a couple drinks in for the evening but I'm just taking a moment to do some reflection. :thumbs_up:

First off, let me begin with contradicting what all of the gurus say about spending a little bit of time each day to hone your craft. I am in the camp that would rather spend my days off absolutely consumed and then I can recharge during the workweek. The gurus advise to do a little each day because it is realistically feasible to do that as opposed to pulling twelve hour sessions on your time off from work. Most people have real lives outside of work and simply cannot spend all of their free time in front of a computer like me so this is why doing a little each day is the general advice given by the gurus. :ugeek: I don't have friends, don't have children and I live with my girlfriend so there is no life outside of these walls. :crazy:

Go outside, you say. Well, I'm pretty introverted and don't care for the outside experience to be honest. One of the recent dates with the girlfriend resulted in being side-swiped by a student driver who got scared of another vehicle. :clap:

I'm 3/4 into arranging a track from the start today and I just started laughing because I just realized how much time I spend doing this. My girlfriend asked why I was laughing and I replied I can't believe how much time I spend doing this. She said "what like six hours?" in reference to the current session. Oh my.

Anyways, I have a track to finish, and no food or sleep until it's done.

A couple more drinks for sure though. :twisted:

Zac

06 Sep 2017

How long do your sessions last without alcohol? I'm projecting of course, but I still relate.

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2017

That's pretty much my life, except without a girlfriend and the making music part is my job. I leave the house many once every 2-3 months to go hangout with my brother and his friends. Since I don't have any.

Hey, if you want to sit in front of the computer even more than you already do and make some money, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. It only requires selling your soul to the devil.

CaliforniaBurrito

06 Sep 2017

Zac wrote:
06 Sep 2017
How long do your sessions last without alcohol? I'm projecting of course, but I still relate.
I pull a good 6-7 hours without alcohol and I don't have a drink until I have a solid idea of where the track is going - composition and mixing. My mixes are essentially pretty much there before arrangement. Getting started on an arrangement can be a bit of a struggle as I'm sure we've all heard of the Loop-itus syndrome; a drink loosens me up and gets another part of my brain engaged that is less technical which is ideal for arrangement. I'm not making excuses for my alcoholism of course but it is what it is. :)
aeox wrote:
06 Sep 2017
Hey, if you want to sit in front of the computer even more than you already do and make some money, let me know and I'll point you in the right direction. It only requires selling your soul to the devil.
Funny I've actually been down such a path and it was pretty agonizing but I'm curious about what you do with music. I will have to check out your Soundcloud soon. I have limited functionality with my Internet data right now.

Zac

06 Sep 2017

Yeah, I'm just projecting my headspace onto you I think. I can barely do anything that motivates me without a drink or its promise of reward these days. Tragic in my case.

Aeox.. I'm not in Peter's production skill category but if you think I still qualify I'd like to hear about those music money making opportunities.

CaliforniaBurrito

06 Sep 2017

Zac wrote:
06 Sep 2017
Yeah, I'm just projecting my headspace onto you I think. I can barely do anything that motivates me without a drink or its promise of reward these days. Tragic in my case.
My father is a guitar plucker + vocal hummer and he won't pick up a guitar without some drinks so I feel ya. He found it pretty amusing that I go into a session with a clear head but I sure do have my way with alcohol. I'd rather enjoy the finished project with a nice buzz. I'm pretty close to the end of this project (start-to-finish today) and I've only had four drinks. I might have another two as I push it through Ozone 7. Love that tape module! :-P

aeox
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
06 Sep 2017
Zac wrote:
06 Sep 2017
I pull a good 6-7 hours without alcohol and I don't have a drink until I have a solid idea of where the track is going - composition and mixing. My mixes are essentially pretty much there before arrangement. Getting started on an arrangement can be a bit of a struggle as I'm sure we've all heard of the Loop-itus syndrome; a drink loosens me up and gets another part of my brain engaged that is less technical which is ideal for arrangement. I'm not making excuses for my alcoholism of course but it is what it is. :)
aeox wrote:
06 Sep 2017
Funny I've actually been down such a path and it was pretty agonizing but I'm curious about what you do with music. I will have to check out your Soundcloud soon. I have limited functionality with my Internet data right now.

I'm going to PM you

4filegate

08 Sep 2017

The human rights are also valid for bad people in Switzerland. :evil:

Oquasec

08 Sep 2017

Dunno
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

• Information