No go

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
ejanuska

05 Sep 2017

Are people in Sweden allowed to talk about the so-called "No-go" zones? Have you ever gone to a "No-go" zone?

dioxide

05 Sep 2017

Are there even "No-go" zones in Sweden, or is someone completely making it up?
http://www.snopes.com/sweden-crime-no-go-zone-police/

ejanuska

05 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
05 Sep 2017
All that says is there are No-go zones but law enforcement chooses to call them "problem areas".
I'll rephrase.
Are there areas in Sweden where a white guy like me would be harassed just by entering said area?
I've read about the existence of these areas, seen videos, etc. How bad is it?
Anyone in Sweden care to chime in?

Gorgon

05 Sep 2017

Sweden is dying because of it's stupid political correctness. No-go areas are a fact. So is mass rape.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

dioxide

05 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
05 Sep 2017
Sweden is dying because of it's stupid political correctness. No-go areas are a fact. So is mass rape.
Jesus, what did you guys do to it?!

Last time I was there was about 5 years ago and it was perfectly fine. Stockholm is like Disneyland compared to most capital cities. I've heard Malmo is worse but assumed that it is only bad by Swedish standards.

The thought of an American that is worried about going to Sweden is strange though. I'm assuming you're from a part of the US with very little crime?

Here are the stats. Rape is abnormally high as Sweden has a controversial definition of rape.
http://www.nationmaster.com/country-inf ... ates/Crime

Likewise I'd like to hear from someone from Sweden, especially if they have travelled and seen life outside their country. I've visited three times and I don't recognise this description of Sweden.

Gorgon

06 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
05 Sep 2017
I've heard Malmo is worse but assumed that it is only bad by Swedish standards.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/12466/how ... el-qazvini#

Yeah I'm sure it's just by "Swedish standards".
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

selig
RE Developer

06 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
dioxide wrote:
05 Sep 2017

For another, more balanced (IMO) view:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... nd-sweden/

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

FlowerSoldier

06 Sep 2017

There are places in my town where the police don't go. There is one trail by a creek in my town where people get shot/stabbed weekly. I don't know why people go there. I really don't.

ejanuska

06 Sep 2017

FlowerSoldier wrote:
06 Sep 2017
There are places in my town where the police don't go. There is one trail by a creek in my town where people get shot/stabbed weekly. I don't know why people go there. I really don't.
Vice?

dioxide

06 Sep 2017

Does anyone here live in Sweden? Or are we relying on right wing US news blogs for our info on the hellhole that is Sweden in 2017?

The stats show that it is relatively safe and killings are rare. People organised a march whereas in many places they don't bother any more. It may have gotten worse and fear of crime is very high, but in reality there is comparatively little crime compared to the US.

lakinlakin

06 Sep 2017

FFS

Can we ask:

'Hey you guys, I'm a disabled, black, transgender, Jewish, poor, asylum seeker are there any "no go areas" in Europe or the US I should know about, where I might be harassed?"

Gorgon

07 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
06 Sep 2017
For another, more balanced (IMO) view:
Yeah I'm sure those raped women will be thrilled with a more "balanced" view.

ejanuska

07 Sep 2017

The video is titled "Sweden Has Real Problems".
Then he goes on to downplay the problems and states its not that bad.
Whatever.

He does mention the "opinion corridor" which is basically a version of self-inflicted thought police. I had a feeling this kind of self-censorship was going on but his descriptions of the motivations make sense.

What a mess.

Gorgon

07 Sep 2017

ejanuska wrote:
07 Sep 2017
The video is titled "Sweden Has Real Problems".
Then he goes on to downplay the problems and states its not that bad.
Whatever.
That is what the politically correct libtards do.

O1B

07 Sep 2017

Nice site... fear monger much? I had a feeling about you, Gorgon. Now, I know.
Good day, Sir.

The propaganda “news site” The Daily Wire, which is headed by suspected white supremacist Ben Shapiro, has finally admitted to printing fake stories under the guise of “doing satire. ”

http://melanoidnation.org/ben-shapiros- ... tire-site/
Ben Shapiro’s Daily Wire Finally Admits To Being A Fake News Satire Site

Gorgon wrote:
06 Sep 2017
dioxide wrote:
05 Sep 2017

O1B

07 Sep 2017

Have we completely lost our
Christ!

Are there areas in Sweden where a white guy like me

ejanuska wrote:
05 Sep 2017
dioxide wrote:
05 Sep 2017
All that says is there are No-go zones but law enforcement chooses to call them "problem areas".
I'll rephrase.
Are there areas in Sweden where a white guy like me would be harassed just by entering said area?
I've read about the existence of these areas, seen videos, etc. How bad is it?
Anyone in Sweden care to chime in?

dioxide

07 Sep 2017

I'm calling BS on the entire Sweden story until I hear from someone who can prove they live in Sweden and have seen this stuff first hand. Basically it is a non-story that has been fabricated by the American right to further their own agenda rather than to report the reality of the situation.

So far I've never seen anything like this in Sweden and I've never met anyone from there who has told me about these 'problems'.

Most of the journalists involved in the stories are not Swedish. The video posted above is by an American and most of the claims are coming from American media.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area#Sweden

plaamook

08 Sep 2017

Libtards. Hah!
Anyway...
I'll say this. I have a friend who likes to use the term libtard in the usual style. He went on and on about the no go zones in places like sweden and norway. At the time (two yr ago) I had just finished spending 4 months in oslo, wandered around it extensively day and night on the weekends, and I never saw anything like a no go zone. Now I'm not a police officer or anything like that so who knows but I am a so-called white man and I saw nothing there to convince me that there was anything to support that sort of stuff. The only support I've ever seen was clips from certain websites that he would send me and they all seem to have an agenda. But then I guess everyone has one of them.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Gorgon

08 Sep 2017

O1B wrote:
07 Sep 2017
Nice site... fear monger much? I had a feeling about you, Gorgon. Now, I know.
Good day, Sir.
Know what?

Gorgon

08 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
07 Sep 2017
I'm calling BS on the entire Sweden story until I hear from someone who can prove they live in Sweden and have seen this stuff first hand. Basically it is a non-story that has been fabricated by the American right to further their own agenda rather than to report the reality of the situation.

So far I've never seen anything like this in Sweden and I've never met anyone from there who has told me about these 'problems'.

Most of the journalists involved in the stories are not Swedish. The video posted above is by an American and most of the claims are coming from American media.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No-go_area#Sweden
Some live footage then?

dioxide

08 Sep 2017

Gorgon wrote:
08 Sep 2017
Some live footage then?
I'd guess they were attacked because they were interviewing Jan Sjunnesson in the street - you can see him strolling around in the background as the car is filmed. If you bring a known agitator into an area that he is hostile to then there is likely to be trouble - what a surprise! Anyway, 60 Minutes got the story they wanted.

From the Wikipedia page that I linked above:
In February 2016, a news crew for Australia's 60 Minutes working with anti-immigration activist Jan Sjunnesson[47][48] reported having come under attack, including having stones thrown on them and a car running over the foot of a cameraman who was trying to prevent it from leaving in the immigrant-dominated district of Rinkeby of Stockholm.[49] 60 Minutes published the video, on which reporter Liz Hayes states "there are now 55 declared no-go zones in Sweden."
Some of the stories doing the rounds right now have no relation to reality, but the internet is funded by advertising and clicks pay regardless of the accuracy of the article. We're all being trolled by clickbait daily now. You've heard of Trump complaining about fake news, well the Sweden story is as fake as it gets!

Gorgon

08 Sep 2017

dioxide wrote:
08 Sep 2017
I'd guess they were attacked because they were interviewing Jan Sjunnesson in the street - you can see him strolling around in the background as the car is filmed. If you bring a known agitator into an area that he is hostile to then there is likely to be trouble - what a surprise! Anyway, 60 Minutes got the story they wanted.
So having an opinion means that you can just attack people. More leftist logic.

Tau Ceti

08 Sep 2017

I live in Sweden and it is not as bad as in USA but in some areas there are shootings almost every day.
There are cars burning almost every night and when the police comes people start throwing stones and bottles at them and at the fire department.
Ambulances never drives into these areas without the police following.

In proportion to the population, four to five times as many fatalities are shot in Sweden as in Norway and Germany.

When i grew up Sweden was one of the safest countrys in the world.
Now its not.

dioxide

08 Sep 2017

Tau Ceti wrote:
08 Sep 2017
I live in Sweden and it is not as bad as in USA but in some areas there are shootings almost every day.
There are cars burning almost every night and when the police comes people start throwing stones and bottles at them and at the fire department.
Ambulances never drives into these areas without the police following.

In proportion to the population, four to five times as many fatalities are shot in Sweden as in Norway and Germany.

When i grew up Sweden was one of the safest countrys in the world.
Now its not.
Finally a person from Sweden with actual knowledge of what is happening. Thankyou sir.

• Information