Web Site Builders?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
mbfrancis

18 Jul 2017

Does anyone have experience with the various web site builders for bands. I'm on CDBaby, so I'm looking at HostBaby, Wix, and Squarespace. Anyone have experience and/or preferences? Thanks!
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

avasopht
Competition Winner

18 Jul 2017

I would recommend Squarespace as it's got brilliant designs and the way you edit in place seems most usable for novices while retaining the design.

4filegate

18 Jul 2017

A great way to get started with a website https://www.jimdo.com/

QVprod

18 Jul 2017

Pagecloud and Squarespace are the best I've seen. That said my current website (link in my sig) uses Weebly.

mbfrancis

19 Jul 2017

Thanks, guys. Don't want to overthink it, this is great.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

jonheal

19 Jul 2017

Squarespace looks interesting. About the same price as I am now paying for hosting for my prehistoric ASP site (which I haven't updated in a long time). I see the $12 per month plan is limited to 20 "pages." Seems a little stingy, but I guess it would force one to edit one's self — which is almost never a bad thing.

I looked for financials about Squarespace and found little, but what I did scrounge up seemed to indicate a healthy company. Web companies come and go these days. A stable one is a rare find.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Marco Raaphorst

20 Jul 2017

I recommend Wordpress. Using it since 2005 now. You can tweak anything.

ejanuska

24 Jul 2017

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
20 Jul 2017
I recommend Wordpress. Using it since 2005 now. You can tweak anything.
I second this.
Get a good web hosting service that can run Wordpress, if they don't support Wordpress run away.
Buy a decent Wordpress theme from here: https://themeforest.net/ Don't be a cheapass, you get what you pay for.
Make sure you pick something very well supported by documentation and customer support, usually via email.
On web host install wordpress.
Load your theme.
The rest is clicky clicking, adding content, adding widgets like audio players, etc.

mbfrancis

31 Jul 2017

Yeah, I honestly don't *want* to tweak anything - I just want something easy to administer and change and has the capabilities I'll need. I don't want to have to 'update' anything, ever, ha.

Marco Raaphorst

01 Aug 2017

mbfrancis wrote:
31 Jul 2017
Yeah, I honestly don't *want* to tweak anything - I just want something easy to administer and change and has the capabilities I'll need. I don't want to have to 'update' anything, ever, ha.
Squarespace is then best imo. http://squarespace.com

• Information