Hello???

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
jonheal

16 Jul 2017

I see very few posts from many of the old regulars, lately. Where did everyone go? Perhaps it's just the onslaught of summer vacations ...
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

16 Jul 2017

More than likely as we post when we see a need to rather than just posting for the sake of posting... <-- Now is that comment post for the sake of posting or a need to.. Also we can be found on Slack..

jonheal

16 Jul 2017

I'm afraid I have unsuccessful in my pursuit of NOT posting just for the sake of posting. :)

As for the chat, I wander there sometimes, but (and this is probably just old man disease), but I prefer the forum because it slows everyone down a bit. Chats can feel like everyone talking at once as multiple topics get mixed together. That's just me, though. :)

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

Hello??? Is it me you're looking for...
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

jonheal

16 Jul 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Yes. I feel better, now. I will stop whimpering. :)

AttenuationHz

16 Jul 2017

:D
jonheal wrote:
16 Jul 2017
AttenuationHz wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Yes. I feel better, now. I will stop whimpering. :)
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Ostermilk

17 Jul 2017

Many forums have a dedicated thread specifically for posting for the sake of posting.

Some of them are quite amusing, Sonar has one on it's forum which on last check was thousands of pages long, so did Studio One which got quite long until Presonus stopped linking it's main page to the user forum.

Ostermilk

17 Jul 2017

So here's a post just for the sake of it.

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

Existential angst caused by the indecision of which VST compressor they should add to their rack to make their beats sound the same.

ejanuska

17 Jul 2017

Didn't a whole bunch of long time users recently leave?
I remember some posts and some discontent concerning VSTs or new users that like VSTs, or was it the site redesign?
I asked them where they were going, but they didn't want me to come.

I found it weird that they actually posted "I am leaving" threads. Were we supposed to beg them to stay? Were the admins supposed to ask for forgiveness?

Who says goodbye to a forum anyway? It's like saying congratulations to someone who bought a car. If someone says goodbye in a forum we have to assume any response will not be seen by the OP, so why respond? It's like talking to dead people, they can't hear you!
If they do respond, why did they say goodbye and not leave? One last thread before you go? A kiss is just a kiss... Here's looking at you, kid.

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
It's like saying congratulations to someone who bought a car.
Why wouldn't you say congrats to a new car owner? Wow - what's with people these days huh? :think:

chk071

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
I found it weird that they actually posted "I am leaving" threads. Were we supposed to beg them to stay? Were the admins supposed to ask for forgiveness?

Who says goodbye to a forum anyway? It's like saying congratulations to someone who bought a car.
It's rather like saying "Hey, look, i'm so important, and ya'll treated me so bad, that i'm taking a stance here, and show ya'll how miserable i've been treated, and how important i am to this forum.". At least in most cases.
:reason: :rebirth:

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Jul 2017

chk071 wrote:
17 Jul 2017
It's rather like saying "Hey, look, i'm so important, and ya'll treated me so bad, that i'm taking a stance here, and show ya'll how miserable i've been treated, and how important i am to this forum.". At least in most cases.
Y'all should have a little more faith in your fellow Reasoners! :D

I think some people write such posts as a bit of self-assurance to stay away. Maybe they want to be more productive with their time. It's the people who don't write anything that we should be worried about! :lol:

jonheal

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Didn't a whole bunch of long time users recently leave?
I found it weird that they actually posted "I am leaving" threads. Were we supposed to beg them to stay? ...
Sometimes we need a little validation from our fellow humans. Is that so bad?

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 Jul 2017

Or it can just be normal human behavior to say your farewells to people you felt connected to (even if it's with people you've never met) rather than leaving without saying a word.

ejanuska

17 Jul 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
17 Jul 2017
ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
It's like saying congratulations to someone who bought a car.
Why wouldn't you say congrats to a new car owner? Wow - what's with people these days huh? :think:
What's the point? You give someone money, they give you a car. What is to be congratulated? You haven't DONE anything that warrants it.
Do you get a congratulations when you buy groceries? It's the same thing!
Maybe we should get a special "congrats" when we buy rubbers, or beer.

A birth, a wedding, a new job, graduation, winning a competition, these are examples things that get congratulated. Anyone can buy some junk.

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
A birth, a wedding, a new job, graduation, winning a competition, these are examples things that get congratulated. Anyone can buy some junk.
I feel more awkward congratulating births and marriages. Anybody can have sex and reproduce. I'm sure plenty of folks have a baby unintentionally and even irresponsibly. A lot of people say marriage is really screwing yourself (unpleasantly) so I feel iffy about that one too.

Gorgon

17 Jul 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Anybody can have sex and reproduce.
Unfortunately, yes!
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

modecca

17 Jul 2017

I already have my ostermilk has left reason talk Eulogy written out:

Oster was a tricky lad. In later years when he was only allowed to eat mush he would try to sneak real food. Staff had to constantly keep an eye on him if there was a plate of biscuits nearby. If a biscuit was within range his arm, his arm would shoot out like a rattlesnake and the biscuit would be in his mouth before you know it. The staff would be left trying to frantically extract it - and with the same resolve, he would be frantically trying to eat it.
🔗💥

Ostermilk

17 Jul 2017

modecca wrote:
17 Jul 2017
I already have my ostermilk has left reason talk Eulogy written out:

Oster was a tricky lad. In later years when he was only allowed to eat mush he would try to sneak real food. Staff had to constantly keep an eye on him if there was a plate of biscuits nearby. If a biscuit was within range his arm, his arm would shoot out like a rattlesnake and the biscuit would be in his mouth before you know it. The staff would be left trying to frantically extract it - and with the same resolve, he would be frantically trying to eat it.
This guy knows his Ostermilk.

jonheal

17 Jul 2017

I am still morbidly curious as to who "ducky" is ...

Ostermilk

17 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
17 Jul 2017
Duckie is as Duckie does.

Exowildebeest

17 Jul 2017

I'm just enjoying the summer sun.

Also, Breath Of The Wild.

CaliforniaBurrito

17 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
17 Jul 2017
I have my suspicion of who it could be but maybe he's doing something better with his life instead of being quacked out in his room.

4filegate

17 Jul 2017

CaliforniaBurrito wrote:
17 Jul 2017
I have my suspicion of who it could be but maybe he's doing something better with his life instead of being quacked out in his room.
Hey buddy, nice to see that you're still around. That wasn't a chicken-and-egg problem?

• Information