wizardry and witchcraft thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
demt

08 Jul 2017

as you can tell a lot of our posts spend a long time figuring out just where and y sutch n sutch a thing happened
some times the gestalt mob seem to find something to blame for no apparent reason this shouldnt happen as 1 of the 1st rules of wizardry is dont blame your tools do however blame a force or possesion working through you, youll soon find ways instincts and apositive use of the language will enable the reliability of the kit to increase and the cloud over your head to vanish,

there are many tricks available to the user swear curse pray incence religion etc that also have the desired effect of running the kit reliable as there are many of us when we share a viewpoint on a particular problem that is the way its going to be, means getting on well with eatch other
just thought it would be intersting on what particular majick tricks are being used amonst us what speed your running your audio samples in also counts and the field seems to be divided over the correct way thus
so a list of kit that needs particular veneration to use would tell you you may have put a block on using it etc or witch instrument you particularily swear at tyhe same still i think we could get somethig out of a thread dedicated to the majical side of reason
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

jonheal

08 Jul 2017

Dem,t I think you are interesting. You and Modecca are two people here who court the philosophical and/or metaphysical side of things and I like that.

Your posts are difficult to read -- like Olde English -- but I enjoy the challenge. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

gak

09 Jul 2017

My favorite witch:

Always had a huge crush on her.

Anyways, what I wish is that witches would get rid of 3 things (if they exist)

-trump
-all gangs (yes, the white ones too)
-deadmouse 5

The world would be a better place.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2017

gak wrote:
09 Jul 2017

-deadmouse 5

those are fightin' words!!!

CaliforniaBurrito

09 Jul 2017

Going on a witch hunt could be fun but I'd rather think about the mathematical side of things as that is where the "magic" happens for me. Logarithmic patterning can add some interest to a composition. Counting intervals from a cantus firmus is technically how to write a counterpoint melody. Polyrhythms are fun too.

Ostermilk

09 Jul 2017

Everyone should have a bit of hocus pocus in their lives.

Gorgon

09 Jul 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
09 Jul 2017

There ya go
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

gak

09 Jul 2017

aeox wrote:
09 Jul 2017
gak wrote:
09 Jul 2017

-deadmouse 5

Come on man, really?

I'm totally lost for words. It's kinda like someone saying "this is the cardinal sin of drinking water" then drinking water like everyone else.

I could have put justin boober or kantya worst. It's interchangeable.

gak

09 Jul 2017

Gorgon wrote:
09 Jul 2017
Ostermilk wrote:
09 Jul 2017

There ya go

Better get it straight young man:

Ostermilk

09 Jul 2017

Never mind the last Hocus Pocus video this one features a lead guitarist who's trying to look just like the OP!

Now that's wizardry, all those years ago and he must have known this thread was gonna happen. Spooky or what?

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jul 2017

gak wrote:
09 Jul 2017
aeox wrote:
09 Jul 2017

Come on man, really?

I'm totally lost for words. It's kinda like someone saying "this is the cardinal sin of drinking water" then drinking water like everyone else.

I could have put justin boober or kantya worst. It's interchangeable.
different strokes for different folks i guess

gak

10 Jul 2017

Ok, so who would YOU put in there? :lol:

(I see you didn't argue with the other two :D

aeox
Competition Winner

10 Jul 2017

gak wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Ok, so who would YOU put in there? :lol:

(I see you didn't argue with the other two :D
well i don't know ...

i didn't argue with the other two because politics ( no one likes trump anyway) and we could do with less violence and especially violent people/gangs of any sort

deadmau5 is just a guy making "music" he's not always the most civil so i can understand why many people would dislike him. even if you hate his music i think anyone could learn some very valuable stuff just from watching his streams, if you can get past his attitude and cockiness :lol:

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

You guys are arguing on the wrong thread. :)

CaliforniaBurrito

10 Jul 2017

aeox wrote:
10 Jul 2017
deadmau5 is just a guy making "music"
He's also a guy who just ruins a Ferrari.
aeox wrote:
10 Jul 2017
even if you hate his music i think anyone could learn some very valuable stuff just from watching his streams
Like not using an SSL compressor on a dance kick?

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Again, this argument is polluting the wrong thread, but I will add that Joel Zimmerman does not seem like a very pleasant human and I don't like to hang out with mean people.

demt

10 Jul 2017

id also like to insist that reason is by far the pretiest daw and that is greatly affecting the general gestalt amongst its users allso the layout and design make song productions an intellectualy pleasurable experience that i find hard to beat

ps stop having an argument in the middle of my witchcraft and whizadry thread as the idea is to bring us further together

the dark forces are currently delighted with some of you , you should know when youve left the light and compensate .Thankyou
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

demt wrote:
10 Jul 2017
id also like to insist that reason is by far the pretiest daw and that is greatly affecting the general gestalt amongst its users ...
Agreed. Very easy on the eyes and inspiring, visually. The are some butt ugly DAWs out there.

siln

10 Jul 2017

their is no other majik than numb-er and frequencies

gak

10 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
10 Jul 2017
Again, this argument is polluting the wrong thread, but I will add that Joel Zimmerman does not seem like a very pleasant human and I don't like to hang out with mean people.
Oh ffs.

First off, it's a nebulous thread so that is kinda you just scolding people. Second, I made a comment WITH witches in mind. Third, WTF are you going on about? :lol:

jonheal

10 Jul 2017

Wow. You're a meany sometimes.

I assumed the comment you made about deadmous 5 and the responses was actually meant for your "99 Problems" thread, but now I see I was sadly mistaken. I was confused. Please forgive me.

If it's any consolation, I enjoyed the picture you posted.

gak

11 Jul 2017

Hey man, settle down bro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

demt

12 Jul 2017

hawkwind seem to have covered this topic with their music well worth a google n youtube
hear scince reason 2.5

ejanuska

12 Jul 2017

I recently (within the last month) started using a form of magical songwriting that enables me to conjure songs on a nearly on-demand basis.
I ask for a song and one appears in my head through a sub-conscious stream that delivers until the arrangement is complete. There is a period of time before the song is delivered that requires a mental self-immersion into "The Mode" that must be accomplished first.
Without entering The Mode output will not be realized.
Entering The Mode is easier when external obstacles are eliminated, or at least mitigated. Also by limiting myself to an acoustic guitar during the process allows me to focus more on the goal rather than controlling the path.
Find a way to "The Mode" and realize how you arrived there. Repeat this process next time. Allow time between Mode sessions to regenerate the required mana.

Simplify
Lose yourself
Open the doors of your own mind

Without some form of technical adeptness on your instrument limitations will quickly become boundaries to creativity.

jonheal

12 Jul 2017

Slightly off-topic (but maybe related to the above) — which is rich, I suppose — given my exchanges with GAK above, but anyway ...

Twice in my life, I have experienced auditory hallucinations. I heard music playing "in my left ear." Ordinarily, I do not hear music clearly in my head. I wish. But no; what I hear in my head is faint, fuzzy and very incomplete. But on these two occasions, I heard very clear music. It was just like listening to the radio except it was stuff I new was original and I could control it. I could alter the melodies and harmonies, or I could just lay there are let it play. These episodes lasted about 30 minutes each and then the music slowly faded away, never to return. I read about similar experiences in an Oliver Sachs book, so I think perhaps they were Epilepsy-related, as it runs in my family a little.

I've never had an out-and-out seizure, but I think I would just about risk biting my own tongue off to get those experiences again.

• Information