wizardry and witchcraft thread

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

13 Jul 2017

You confuse me. Why are you worried about "our" exchanges, like they matter (other than fun banter)

As to the other, I neither understand or have a similar experience. But it seems awfully off-topic :mrgreen:

jappe

13 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
12 Jul 2017
I recently (within the last month) started using a form of magical songwriting that enables me to conjure songs on a nearly on-demand basis.
I ask for a song and one appears in my head through a sub-conscious stream that delivers until the arrangement is complete. There is a period of time before the song is delivered that requires a mental self-immersion into "The Mode" that must be accomplished first.
Without entering The Mode output will not be realized.
Entering The Mode is easier when external obstacles are eliminated, or at least mitigated. Also by limiting myself to an acoustic guitar during the process allows me to focus more on the goal rather than controlling the path.
Find a way to "The Mode" and realize how you arrived there. Repeat this process next time. Allow time between Mode sessions to regenerate the required mana.

Simplify
Lose yourself
Open the doors of your own mind

Without some form of technical adeptness on your instrument limitations will quickly become boundaries to creativity.
This works.
For me it 's a vulnerable state, a bit like when I engage in precision sports like table tennis...there's just no way my concious mind would keep up in the fast thinking/precision decision making that's going on then.

And as soon as I try too hard, I'll get ejected from the flow and will fail.

I also "know" that I will complete lyrics writing quickly before I start, there's a special feeling I can't really explain.

jappe

13 Jul 2017

jonheal wrote:
12 Jul 2017
Slightly off-topic (but maybe related to the above) — which is rich, I suppose — given my exchanges with GAK above, but anyway ...

Twice in my life, I have experienced auditory hallucinations. I heard music playing "in my left ear." Ordinarily, I do not hear music clearly in my head. I wish. But no; what I hear in my head is faint, fuzzy and very incomplete. But on these two occasions, I heard very clear music. It was just like listening to the radio except it was stuff I new was original and I could control it. I could alter the melodies and harmonies, or I could just lay there are let it play. These episodes lasted about 30 minutes each and then the music slowly faded away, never to return. I read about similar experiences in an Oliver Sachs book, so I think perhaps they were Epilepsy-related, as it runs in my family a little.

I've never had an out-and-out seizure, but I think I would just about risk biting my own tongue off to get those experiences again.
Interesting.
Perhaps brain glitches can help people become more creative.
In algorithms for artificial neutron nets, they sometimes add noise to the learning process to make the learning "settle" better.

(if the goal for a ball kicked out from a mountain top is to go as far down as possible, the "noise" from an earthquake or wind could help it to avoid getting stuck on a plateau.

Ostermilk

13 Jul 2017

My late mother-in-law had regular auditory hallucinations.

It got quite unpleasant for her at times as she'd get stuck with 'Londonderry Air' being played on a chapel organ on a continuous loop for weeks on end day and night.

She declined my kind offer of singing 'Danny Boy' along with it on the grounds that she felt it was unlikely it would help.

jonheal

13 Jul 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
13 Jul 2017

It got quite unpleasant for her at times as she'd get stuck with 'Londonderry Air' being played on a chapel organ on a continuous loop for weeks on end day and night.

She declined my kind offer of singing 'Danny Boy' along with it on the grounds that she felt it was unlikely it would help.
That sounds more like the experieinces I read about in the Sachs book. The Epilepsy-related ones. Maybe mine were purely psychotic episodes. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

ejanuska

13 Jul 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Why 'Danny Boy'? Wouldn't 'Wor Peg's Trip te Tynemouth' been more appropriate?

Ostermilk

13 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
13 Jul 2017
Ostermilk wrote:
13 Jul 2017

Why 'Danny Boy'? Wouldn't 'Wor Peg's Trip te Tynemouth' been more appropriate?
Sadly because she was built in the 1920's she didn't have the 'Monitor Out' socket I'd have needed to fit those words to the tune... :shock:

She was Irish as well so I'd have probably got a clipped ear if I sang a Geordie song.

Gaja

16 Jul 2017

Regarding the auditory hallucinations, I sometimes experience a phenomenon called "exploding head syndrome", anyone else experience this?

Regarding wizardry and witchcraft, I tend to channel my songwriting from an individual in a parallel dimension. But I only receive part of the music, the rest of which seems to be scattered all over spacetime. It's like I was supposed to invent a time travelling device of some sort to form a band with a bunch of unsuccessful musicians throughout the history of our planet, who appeared to have received complementary tracks to the ones I channeled. Since so far my attempts at opening a rift in the spacetime continuum through occult rituals and intense alchemical transformatory processes, failed, I try and complete the channeled melodies as best as I can, but I know it's not really the actual song they were written for. Sounds weird? Welcome to my musical life.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

demt

16 Jul 2017

Polite use of my language seems to cure most of my proplems Newtonion or otherwise and giveing the problem sum time often helps às pointing out Newtonian is the default state seems to assuage my unreliable powers, on the other hand getting girls /putty down to an exercise in bra size is the kindest form of my power's of beautification within the limitless goodness of the lord
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

ejanuska

17 Jul 2017

demt wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Polite use of my language seems to cure most of my proplems Newtonion or otherwise and giveing the problem sum time often helps às pointing out Newtonian is the default state seems to assuage my unreliable powers, on the other hand getting girls /putty down to an exercise in bra size is the kindest form of my power's of beautification within the limitless goodness of the lord
Newtonian solutions can only be achieved by significant evolution of the thought process applied into a modern hybrid of methods involving mental distancing, meta-physical deprivation, and dynamic fluid exchanges.

Ostermilk

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
17 Jul 2017
demt wrote:
16 Jul 2017
Newtonian solutions can only be achieved by significant evolution of the thought process applied into a modern hybrid of methods involving mental distancing, meta-physical deprivation, and dynamic fluid exchanges.
So watching football would work then?

ejanuska

17 Jul 2017

Ostermilk wrote:
17 Jul 2017

So watching football would work then?
No, that would have the opposite effect. Unless you aspire to play professionally, no good comes from watching football, American football, or regular football, known as soccer, futbul, or really any sporting event for that matter.
Total waste of time, just like music!

Gaja

17 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote: (...)
Total waste of time, just like music!
In times of total waste, a total waste of time appears appropriate.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

plaamook

26 Jul 2017

gak wrote:
09 Jul 2017
My favorite witch:

Can;t hndle her. She looks like my mum did when she was young.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

gak

27 Jul 2017

Figures, can't do anything right around here.

BAN, BAN, BAN!

avasopht
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2017

ejanuska wrote:
12 Jul 2017
I recently (within the last month) started using a form of magical songwriting that enables me to conjure songs on a nearly on-demand basis.
I ask for a song and one appears in my head through a sub-conscious stream that delivers until the arrangement is complete. There is a period of time before the song is delivered that requires a mental self-immersion into "The Mode" that must be accomplished first.
Without entering The Mode output will not be realized.
Entering The Mode is easier when external obstacles are eliminated, or at least mitigated. Also by limiting myself to an acoustic guitar during the process allows me to focus more on the goal rather than controlling the path.
Find a way to "The Mode" and realize how you arrived there. Repeat this process next time. Allow time between Mode sessions to regenerate the required mana.

Simplify
Lose yourself
Open the doors of your own mind

Without some form of technical adeptness on your instrument limitations will quickly become boundaries to creativity.
I agree with this 100%.

There have been times where I've composed songs far beyond even my imagination starting with nothing more than a spark of inspiration and a certainty that I was about to produce the result.

This is, I believe, what is known as the flow state.

It's how rappers are able to freestyle a stream of new and complex ideas, though they tend to go a step further and can monitor their stream of thoughts and make edits in real time.

I am sure there are ancient texts that speak more about this. They would have referred to this as the genie (where the word genius comes from).

Ostermilk

28 Jul 2017

avasopht wrote:
28 Jul 2017

I am sure there are ancient texts that speak more about this.
Aha! Now I'm getting in the wizardry and witchcraft mood. Of course, I can see it now, the thread has been lacking in prose until now.

"Beware ye though, those that be inclined to read of these ancient texts, as that, that they speak of cannot be unlearned. Aye, cannot be unlearned, mark thee."

Ostermilk

28 Jul 2017

Speaking of, that, that cannot be unlearned.

Shakespeare clearly could get himself into a flow state regularly, given the amount of bars he managed to spit during the course of his lifetime.

He also provided us with some excellent ways of annotating rap, which even now describe many ways for giving lyrical content, dynamic emphasis. Ol' Bill certainly knew when to drop the mic.

sublunar

01 Aug 2017

He who does not practice wizardry in his home alchemical laboratory for the purpose of inducing auditory hallucinations does himself a disservice.

Oquasec

01 Aug 2017

There's a couple types of people.
People with the time and patience for tinkering & those who just wanna get straight to the music.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

gak

02 Aug 2017

Ancient aliens speak volumes.

All hail the hair!

demt

14 Aug 2017

damm seem to have fallen foul of my own curses
) got a 30 gig ssd ,windows update can be 20gig +operating system +no go yet i will with manually installing it all later
2)firefox wont do vids or music
3)reason wont load vsts jbridge or otherwise
4)proton wont load users samples
5)parts of reason browser wont load and ive recently last week ago reinstalled it
6)reason doesnt record to sequencer kongs 16 audio outs
7)perfect audio in and out and computer only work when telling me they dont
8)nobody on this forum commented on what the other forums consider an excellent psy trance tune last week
9)had to delete entire docs and settings whilst finding out it was pointless to clone the operating system onto a 500 gig ssd as the computer wont find it in the bios
10) spent 3 days uploading drive c for backup reasons
11)phone smashed its own glass overnight
12)reset multiple passwords took over 3 days
seemed allmost pleasant compared to the current amount of tragedy in my life
basically may you live an interesting life is a buddist curse
still im happy

may update later as bond with the poor kit won as the trance track proves(check it out its a MASTERPIECE)
back to my witchy batch
DEMT
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Wickline

14 Aug 2017

demt wrote:damm seem to have fallen foul of my own curses
) got a 30 gig ssd ,windows update can be 20gig +operating system +no go yet i will with manually installing it all later
5)parts of reason browser wont load and ive recently last week ago reinstalled it
8)nobody on this forum commented on what the other forums consider an excellent psy trance tune last week
9)had to delete entire docs and settings whilst finding out it was pointless to clone the operating system onto a 500 gig ssd as the computer wont find it in the bios
still im happy

may update later as bond with the poor kit won as the trance track proves(check it out its a MASTERPIECE)
back to my witchy batch
DEMT
8) Just want to say I did listen to that psy trance track but it's a bit out of my range and I had no idea what I was listening to. I saw some comments so I didn't feel bad about not commenting and nobody else commenting. I'll go back, check again and try to leave some feedback cause I don't like people who listen and float. Even if it's me.
:reason: :record: :refill: :re: :PUF_take: :rebirth: :PUF_figure:

[Signature size reduced by a moderator] :puf_bigsmile:

demt

15 Aug 2017

Wickline wrote:
14 Aug 2017
demt wrote:damm seem to have fallen foul of my own curses
still im happy

back to my witchy batch
DEMT
8) Just want to say I did listen to that psy trance track but it's a bit out of my range and I had no idea what I was listening to. I saw some comments so I didn't feel bad about not commenting and nobody else commenting. I'll go back, check again and try to leave some feedback cause I don't like people who listen and float. Even if it's me.
thanks support appreciated
hear scince reason 2.5

demt

26 Aug 2017

there again ignoring the illness etc his nibs the pope is a good start to the literacy of the good side of mans nature especially as the europeon pope merely stepped down freeing us all from the go spell of death that had plagued modern civilization in the western world so a good start to wizadry would be to know this if tempted to write a grimoire of your own often tempted never have the best of forget to me translates as Fucking Forget about it as in the presumption (thatl get better) hence all is well
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information