Duckie has left Reason Talk

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

28 Jun 2017

I have taken a sledgehammer to a hazelnut. Please accept my apologies for ever mentioning either in any of my rebuttals.

siln

28 Jun 2017

whatever , I feel you been triggered the hard way

Zac

28 Jun 2017

siln wrote:
28 Jun 2017
whatever , I feel you been triggered the hard way
I don't know for sure what you mean but if I'm right it's very perceptive. All the best.

siln

28 Jun 2017

I used Ozzy because it was related in the thread before , I dont need to know his personnal life so please just chill out and allow me to post some threads with random words in random places or become a moderator yourself , I make an effort of not being personnal about anything , so apologizes accepted but please dont flood for bullshits it s a shame

Ostermilk

28 Jun 2017

This thread seems to have turned fowl. I'm ducking out before I need a quack.

Zac

28 Jun 2017

Indeed. Well said. I don't know what is wrong with me. Mea culpa. Me, Stephen and John.

gak

29 Jun 2017

Zac wrote:
28 Jun 2017
pedantic.
Stop using big words. Makes my head hurt.

jonheal

30 Jun 2017

I have decided that I am too much turning into a cranky old man. And a selfish bastard one at that. So I am going to get off my self-absorbed high horse and listen to the music that others post.

I will probably not "critique," however. I will try to say only nice things.
Last edited by jonheal on 30 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Aosta

30 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
30 Jun 2017
I have decided that I am too much turning into a cranky old man. And a selfish bastard one at that. So I am going to get off my self-obsorbed high horse and listen to the music that others post.

I once told a fellow musician exactly what I thought about his work, he is still not speaking to me years later.
Fragile egos and forums don't mix.
Tend the flame

modecca

30 Jun 2017

Aosta wrote:
30 Jun 2017
jonheal wrote:
30 Jun 2017
I have decided that I am too much turning into a cranky old man. And a selfish bastard one at that. So I am going to get off my self-obsorbed high horse and listen to the music that others post.

I once told a fellow musician exactly what I thought about his work, he is still not speaking to me years later.
Excellent point.
I have seen this same type of thing before and as a result am looking for strengths when I give comments, rather than go all siskel and ebert on folks.
🔗💥

siln

30 Jun 2017

I guess it s part of an artist journey to know how to deal with feedbacks and criticism , when I wanted technical criticisms I would receive some "good job" , "awesome track bro" , when I needed some support I would receive..nothing , maybe the only real feedback you need is the one from the mastering enginneer you will hire =) when i set my track as just experimentals i can receive all kind of comments , I just never received some mad guys saying my stuff is shit , that would make my days lol

gak

03 Jul 2017

modecca wrote:
30 Jun 2017
Aosta wrote:
30 Jun 2017

Excellent point.
I have seen this same type of thing before and as a result am looking for strengths when I give comments, rather than go all siskel and ebert on folks.
What bugs me is that those people usually are very critical of others.

I'll take all the criticism others want to give. But then again, I know my music sucks :lol:

But why are we on this instead of Duckie? I miss duckie. He was special.

Ostermilk

03 Jul 2017

gak wrote:
03 Jul 2017
modecca wrote:
30 Jun 2017

Excellent point.
What bugs me is that those people usually are very critical of others.

I'll take all the criticism others want to give. But then again, I know my music sucks :lol:

But why are we on this instead of Duckie? I miss duckie. He was special.
We only get informed when Duckie has left. We don't get any updates on the occasions he returns because then we are just glad to have him around.

CaliforniaBurrito

04 Jul 2017

Aosta wrote:
30 Jun 2017
Fragile egos and creativity don't mix.
:lightbulb:

Where do we begin with the ego of an artist? That will be another forum topic.

gak

08 Jul 2017

Duckie has feelings. Most people don't.

gak

12 Jul 2017

Duckie is dead.

From the NYT:

"On July 11th, 2017 eastern daylight time, Duckie was found dead. A police officer on the scene described it as 'gruesome' . Apparently, because of global warming, he went through a car wash to get some needed water but didn't realize you need a car. After paying for the deluxe wash, his wing was caught in one of those spinning brushes. It flung him to the end where when the dryer came on, it cooked him golden brown.

Duckie left no will, his flock is in mourning"

• Information