Duckie has left Reason Talk

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
modecca

23 Jun 2017

This is in memory to someone , who lost his mojo, when he saw his 'precious' work/ideas were not well received.
I will miss you and I am sorry I did not have more time to listen to your work and encourage you to continue.
πŸ¦†
sss.jpg
sss.jpg (4.02 KiB) Viewed 4272 times

Good riddance, off with teflon tomb's head I say!!!
Last edited by modecca on 01 Mar 2019, edited 5 times in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

jonheal

23 Jun 2017

Yes, I reckon all of us wouldn't mind some affirmation from our peers. And at the same time, maybe some of us are ... well ... perhaps not terribly interested in a lot of what others are making, and therefore, not inclined to comment. So that's kind of a paradox. I personally have no interest in critiquing the work of others. Nor do I have an interest in others critiquing my own work. I'm not in art school any more.

What I do is very, very minor on the grand scale of things. I hesitate to even call it "music." It's only extremely loosely organized noise. But I do it for me, and I am arrogant enough to declare it "complete," and I'm not really not open to critique. I'm not trying to get "better" so much as I am just exploring on my own.

Boy! I sound like a real butt hole!
Jon Heal β€’ :reason: :re: :refill: β€’ Do not click this link!

Ostermilk

23 Jun 2017

Duckie didn't leave.

I put him in a wrap with some Hoisin sauce and some side-salad.

Yum!

gak

24 Jun 2017

Duckie has left the building!

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

Ostermilk wrote: ↑
23 Jun 2017
Duckie didn't leave.

Yum!
that got my mouth watering

modecca

24 Jun 2017

23 Jun 2017
Duckie didn't leave.
Yum!
aeox wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2017
That got my mouth watering.
Ducky just wanted to feel like he belonged.
Unbeknownst to him, his art and words would be seen as worthless.
Encouraging him to return would be to ask him to come back to a den of Ozzy Osbourne types, waiting to bite his head off!

Didn't make the cut in sports, didn't make the cut in art: He will spend his free time watching tv, sleeping too much and thinking about falling apart.
sad ol duck.jpg
sad ol duck.jpg (8.59 KiB) Viewed 4155 times
Last edited by modecca on 24 Jun 2017, edited 1 time in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2017

modecca wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2017
23 Jun 2017
Duckie didn't leave.
Yum!
24 Jun 2017
Encouraging him to return would be to ask him to come back to a den of Ozzy Osbourne types, waiting to bite his head off!

Didn't make the cut in sports, didn't make the cut in art: He will spend his free time thinking about falling apart, watching tv and sleeping too much.

sad ol duck.jpg

:lol:

i'd actually be pretty impressed if you made that in Mspaint...

Ostermilk

24 Jun 2017

modecca wrote: ↑
24 Jun 2017
23 Jun 2017
Duckie didn't leave.
Yum!
24 Jun 2017

Didn't make the cut in sports, didn't make the cut in art: He will spend his free time watching tv, sleeping too much and thinking about falling apart.

sad ol duck.jpg
If his art and words be an expression of who he was then how can he be slighted in any way? Making the 'cut' merely implies conforming to a pre-determined standard of achievement imposed by an external influence.

I was just happy to admire him for who he was, his waddly walk, his raspy voice, his iridescent plumage and ultimately his delicate flavour after he'd been roasted and eaten.

Yet behold, do his words not still reverberate throughout these hallowed walls? Is not the very air that we breathe still carrying the slipstream from where he previously moved?

gak

25 Jun 2017

Man, Duckie and I have a lot in common.

kuhliloach

25 Jun 2017

I'd like the opportunity to show appreciation for the musical ideas and productions of the people here. Please use Bandcamp to post your tracks - so I can drop you a dollar if I like it. If you all continue posting stuff on Soundcloud, YouTube, and Allapeanutbutter it will be impossible to test out your stuff "on the market" and build fans who support you.

aeox
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2017

kuhliloach wrote: ↑
25 Jun 2017
I'd like the opportunity to show appreciation for the musical ideas and productions of the people here. Please use Bandcamp to post your tracks - so I can drop you a dollar if I like it. If you all continue posting stuff on Soundcloud, YouTube, and Allapeanutbutter it will be impossible to test out your stuff "on the market" and build fans who support you.
good idea :thumbs_up:

jonheal

25 Jun 2017

kuhliloach wrote: ↑
25 Jun 2017
I amend my previous pious observation to also agree with kuhliloach.

There is no surer sign of someone's appreciation for your music than a listener willing to pay you for it. Bandcamp looks like a good plan for that. The artist takes home about 80% of sales. Not too bad ...

Anyway, who/what is this waterfowl of whom/which everyone speaks?
Jon Heal β€’ :reason: :re: :refill: β€’ Do not click this link!

Zac

25 Jun 2017

Ha ha? Modecca who are you to judge? I don't like this kind of thread. Isn't this meant to be a friendly forum? I could easily be paranoid and think this is about me. Couldn't others? I'm surprised at the mods. It may be impersonal but it's pretty brutal.

Ostermilk

26 Jun 2017

Zac wrote: ↑
25 Jun 2017
Ha ha? Modecca who are you to judge? I don't like this kind of thread. Isn't this meant to be a friendly forum? I could easily be paranoid and think this is about me. Couldn't others? I'm surprised at the mods. It may be impersonal but it's pretty brutal.
I agree that this kind of thing is pointless.

I can promise though that I only ate the duck thinking it was a fictitious duck. I'd have never harmed a real duck on a public forum.

I've got no idea of the OP's intent on this thread but I have noticed the thread has been edited several times since it was posted which has changed the original context somewhat. I had originally thought it was something to do with it being a parody about the few people recently declaring their intent to leave RT but now I'm not so sure.

I can still however heartily recommend a meal of crispy, aromatic roast duck in a wrap with a dab of hoisin sauce.

Gorgon

26 Jun 2017

26 Jun 2017
I can still however heartily recommend a meal of crispy, aromatic roast duck in a wrap with a dab of hoisin sauce.
I'm more a fan of orange sauce, when it comes to duck.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Zac

26 Jun 2017

It needs to be young and fresh :)
I happened to be living at a religious community when the DEFRA said all birds must be brought indoors. 2 randy ducks didn't make the cut and were stewed. Inedible. All cock n gristle.

Aosta

26 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote: ↑
23 Jun 2017
Yes, I reckon all of us wouldn't mind some affirmation from our peers. And at the same time, maybe some of us are ... well ... perhaps not terribly interested in a lot of what others are making, and therefore, not inclined to comment. So that's kind of a paradox. I personally have no interest in critiquing the work of others. Nor do I have an interest in others critiquing my own work. I'm not in art school any more.

What I do is very, very minor on the grand scale of things. I hesitate to even call it "music." It's only extremely loosely organized noise. But I do it for me, and I am arrogant enough to declare it "complete," and I'm not really not open to critique. I'm not trying to get "better" so much as I am just exploring on my own.

Boy! I sound like a real butt hole!
I agree with you.
Make music for yourself and if others like it great if not it's no loss.
It can go one of two ways for people who submit their work, they either get their ego stroked by false niceties or are totally disheartened if the feedback is negative.
Only a tiny percent of musicians get anywhere so holding on to the idea of fame and moulding your sound to become a pastiche of what is already 'in' is a route to a dead end.
Be individual, be unique, be what everyone else is not and be your own critic as only you really know if your music is good or bad.

Ask yourself, what would duckie do?

Tend the flame

Gorgon

26 Jun 2017

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ostermilk

26 Jun 2017

26 Jun 2017
I happened to be living at a religious community when the DEFRA said all birds must be brought indoors. 2 randy ducks didn't make the cut and were stewed. Inedible. All cock n gristle.
This is why I prefer farmed duck rather than it's wilder cousin for the table.

Duck is susceptible to tasting very much like what it eats and I remember when I used to go 'rough shooting' as a youngster having more than a couple of ducks that tasted very much like the bottom of a stagnant pond and tough as old boots into the bargain because of their advanced age.

Gorgon

26 Jun 2017

26 Jun 2017
26 Jun 2017
This is why I prefer farmed duck rather than it's wilder cousin for the table.

Duck is susceptible to tasting very much like what it eats and I remember when I used to go 'rough shooting' as a youngster having more than a couple of ducks that tasted very much like the bottom of a stagnant pond and tough as old boots into the bargain because of their advanced age.
I don't like wild duck. They never sit still on the plate.

miscend

26 Jun 2017

Who is Duckie.

4filegate

27 Jun 2017

Ooooommm! Oomelettes with crazy varieties!

siln

27 Jun 2017

Duck duck go!
Attachments
ddg.png
ddg.png (5.83 KiB) Viewed 3736 times

siln

27 Jun 2017

btw rt forum isnt meant to be the best place for audience nor ozzy osbourne types , more likely stephen hawkins types and programmers
;)

gak

28 Jun 2017

Poor Duckie, my heart melts for him.

• Information