See you guys!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
User avatar
normen
Posts: 2580
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

18 Jun 2017

As the forum is more like "Dude you have to buy this new VST" than "Dude you have to try modulating this parameter" lately and the new layout doesn't keep me in a "Reasontalk bubble" anymore with its ads and article links I think I'll stay away for a while and use my time otherwise.

Cheers to all you Reasonheads out there, maybe I'll check in after summer to see if theres more Reason again (pun intended ;)).
Professional Audio Engineer, Germany / Part Time Programmer

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 758
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the new york

18 Jun 2017

You were one of the sane ones, normen.
Come back soon
A few individual liberties and other trifling items may be slightly trampled on the way to a greater America.

User avatar
riemac
Posts: 435
Joined: 21 Jan 2015
Location: Germany

18 Jun 2017

That is very sad news, I will miss your knowledge and your discussions with Selig.
But I can understand your point, I hope Reasontalk will focus on Reason again after the VST news has settled.
       

User avatar
Last Alternative
Posts: 965
Joined: 20 Jan 2015
Location: the lost desert

18 Jun 2017

That's a shame. I don't like the new site either.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 9.5 | iMac (27" Retina 5K, late 2015): i7 Skylake @ 4GHz, 1TB SSD, 32 GB RAM, Radeon M395X | Universal Audio Apollo Twin mkII solo | M-Audio Oxygen25 | Yamaha hs5 | badass mics, guitars & bass

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 1977
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

18 Jun 2017

I have to agree, not a fan of the new layout either.

And that's a shame Normen, hope you find your Reason to return.,

:-)
:reason:

Reason 8.3

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 2266
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

18 Jun 2017

I just thought doing the same, i miss the better overview of new replies in the old forum. Also the bunch of crap and full size ads are annoying. Change everything that works is not always the best idea... See you in an other forum...
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
decoder
Posts: 49
Joined: 04 Nov 2016

18 Jun 2017

Dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many of the old guard are leaving and they are generally the most knowledgeable ones on the site.
This is becoming a rather disturbing trend.

These are the guys that teach you how to do the basics and how to build things instead of always buying something you don't need if you can create from existing equipment... (I know, not a sound business sensibility...)

One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to learn from these people who have much more experience than I do.
I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority here...

I find that I have to wade into insulting comments and people showing a basic lack of respect to each other in order to find the information I want and frankly, it wears me out. I understand that everyone has their respective opinions and thoughts, but come on! When I continually have to read through 20 lines of crap in to find the 2 lines of what I'm looking for it gets old...

Good luck Normen, I hope you will come back once the dust settles... I learned a lot from you.

User avatar
selig
Moderator
Posts: 5747
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

18 Jun 2017

New site is far from perfect and lots of VST talk. But I'm staying!!! Hope you'll come back soon Norman.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1073
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

19 Jun 2017

No offence intended but please don't leave for such poor reasons. We as a community did so well to stick together after being booted out of our home. This IS the place to be and if we start disbanding we are going to end up with parts of the original community all over the place. If you are just taking a break then good for you, but be sure to come back.
My mind is glowing

*Soundcloud

User avatar
gak
Posts: 2843
Joined: 05 Feb 2015

19 Jun 2017

I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Ad's and a slew of new mods usually doesn't bode well imho.

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5042
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: Richmond, VA
Contact:

19 Jun 2017

gak wrote:
19 Jun 2017
I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Ad's and a slew of new mods usually doesn't bode well imho.
Just for the record... The current mod team is the same mod team since December. Clearly we need enough mods to keep up :)

User avatar
gak
Posts: 2843
Joined: 05 Feb 2015

19 Jun 2017

Oh ffs,

Anyways, maybe I should stroll along too. It is getting awfully kvr/gs.

siln
Posts: 345
Joined: 11 May 2015
Location: france

19 Jun 2017



summertime :cool:

User avatar
ejanuska
Posts: 574
Joined: 27 May 2016
Location: USA

19 Jun 2017

Wow.
I haven't been trolling here for a couple weeks.
I wasn't surprised to see ads, I remember some previous discussion about it.

Didn't know about the new admins.
Now I see lots of folks leaving, or at least talking about it.
Wonder if anyone is listening.

Where is everyone going? Reddit? http://www.reasonforums.com/? ReasonExperts?
Can I come too?
I promise I won't troll...too much.

User avatar
etyrnal
Posts: 287
Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

gak wrote:I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Ad's and a slew of new mods usually doesn't bode well imho.
This is one of the negative effects of democracy. Originally you had the propellerhead reason ecosystem and all the reason people that loved it. But then when you open it up 2 VST, you opened it up to all sorts of people who come from all sorts of other Daws. that means that there's a good potential for non propellerhead reason users to flood into the user base. That means that anybody who was using any other kind of Daw and who are using vsts are going to all start whining and complaining and voting to get things that they want them to be, and the original propellerhead reason fan base will become the minority will be phased out. Then all of the amazingness that is propellerheads reason will become diluted into something else. Plain vanilla. No flavors. Generic. Pretty soon people will start complaining about basic reason paradigms.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Pinkbox
Posts: 167
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

20 Jun 2017

I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
You're artificially building a "we" against a "them" that is coming from nowhere. Do you really believe nobody was complaining on anything before "they" flooded the board?

chk071
Posts: 506
Joined: 12 Jul 2015
Location: Germany

20 Jun 2017

etyrnal wrote:
20 Jun 2017
This is one of the negative effects of democracy. Originally you had the propellerhead reason ecosystem and all the reason people that loved it. But then when you open it up 2 VST, you opened it up to all sorts of people who come from all sorts of other Daws. that means that there's a good potential for non-believers to flood into the user base.
FTFY. :P
:reason: :rebirth:

User avatar
etyrnal
Posts: 287
Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

Pinkbox wrote:I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
You're artificially building a "we" against a "them" that is coming from nowhere. Do you really believe nobody was complaining on anything before "they" flooded the board?
You don't think user requests shape the future of the software?



Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
etyrnal
Posts: 287
Joined: 24 Jan 2016
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

Pinkbox wrote:I'm not sure to understand the comparison with democracy.
You're artificially building a "we" against a "them" that is coming from nowhere. Do you really believe nobody was complaining on anything before "they" flooded the board?
There's nothing artificial about recognizing the fact that Reason's paradigm is different from basically every other digital audio workstation on the market. So the artificial Us and Them is, people who have used reason since the beginning, and very much appreciate the specific Reason way of doing things. There are many many people who have stayed away from reason because reason did not incorporate the VST model. Those people who have stayed away from a reason because it did not incorporate vsts, are all used to other digital audio workstations. When people get used to the Paradigm of another software or operating system, and they switch to a different software or operating system, they are always hoping and wishing that the software that they switched to will work and function in a number of the ways that their old software worked. Not because it's better, but because they are used to it. So if the already existing user base, is fairly happy with the way things work, they are not sending emails to propellerhead, or commenting in forums that they want change, they just remain essentially quiet because they're satisfied. But when there is a flood of incoming new users who are wishing and hoping that reason would do things the way that their other digital audio workstation did things they start emailing propellerheads requesting features asking for changes and wishing that reason would function in a lot of the ways their old digital audio workstation did. That is a whole lot of votes for change to Reason.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Pinkbox
Posts: 167
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

20 Jun 2017

Well... at some point, let's say some months ago, a lot of people using reason were complaining and fighting about the props not bringing VSTs into reason. And even before that, I remember quite a mess on the PUF (on various topics).
You did not really answer my question but at least we agreed it has not much to do with democracy.

User avatar
Karim
Posts: 690
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: Italy
Contact:

20 Jun 2017

I'm leaving here because I discover sadly that Reason has a "sound" no more... ( I'm joking...)

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj / Producer / Video Editor / Label Owner /Reason User since 2000 ( R9.5 on board )
△ FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://www.facebook.com/karimlemec
https://www.mixcloud.com/lemecdj/

siln
Posts: 345
Joined: 11 May 2015
Location: france

20 Jun 2017

Karim wrote:
20 Jun 2017
I'm leaving here because I discover sadly that Reason has a "sound" no more... ( I'm joking...)
See you all in winter to talk about seasonal depression (jk) :puf_wink:

User avatar
stratatonic
Posts: 783
Joined: 15 Jan 2015
Location: CANADA

21 Jun 2017

normen wrote:
18 Jun 2017
As the forum is more like "Dude you have to buy this new VST" than "Dude you have to try modulating this parameter" lately ....
...says the guy adding to the VST noize... :puf_bigsmile:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7500940
AND OF COURSE, I think we have all come to expect that there are SOME workflow enhancements in every upgrade.
.

.

User avatar
Jagwah
Posts: 1073
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

21 Jun 2017

My mind is glowing

*Soundcloud

User avatar
normen
Posts: 2580
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

21 Jun 2017

Oh you guys xD

I guess I'll miss you crazy lot soon enough ;)
Professional Audio Engineer, Germany / Part Time Programmer

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests