See you guys!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

21 Jun 2017

etyrnal wrote:
20 Jun 2017
gak wrote:I really don't know what to say.

When I started using reason right about the time the first version of this was around, it was great for the most part. But things change.

Ad's and a slew of new mods usually doesn't bode well imho.
This is one of the negative effects of democracy. Originally you had the propellerhead reason ecosystem and all the reason people that loved it. But then when you open it up 2 VST, you opened it up to all sorts of people who come from all sorts of other Daws. that means that there's a good potential for non propellerhead reason users to flood into the user base. That means that anybody who was using any other kind of Daw and who are using vsts are going to all start whining and complaining and voting to get things that they want them to be, and the original propellerhead reason fan base will become the minority will be phased out. Then all of the amazingness that is propellerheads reason will become diluted into something else. Plain vanilla. No flavors. Generic. Pretty soon people will start complaining about basic reason paradigms.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
I dunno. I got a board warning because I was joking with someone who posted one of those nasty rap albums. Sorry, when I see a guy using that language with the teeth and the tattoos, and all the "swag" I just laugh because it's conformity at it's finest.

At GS, I got a board warning because I posted a non musical thing in the moan zone. Funny thing was, nearly all of it was non-musical stuff. So I was singled out. Man, I haven't been there in over a year and I can't imagine anything ever bringing me back. Brutal. KVR sucks ass too. I don't do twatter or facecrook.

There is no such thing as a democracy. People with power FREQUENTLY abuse it. Not everyone, but most.

As for reason, I'm stuck on 8.3. I have no reason to update. They haven't added anything I'm interested in except bounce-in-place, and I can live w/o that.

I love talking about gear though, and I have a ton of opinions. The problem is that the hive-mind doesn't always like my opinions :lol: (no, that is not directed at mods, it's a general observation, but if I wouldn't have said that, someone would have jumped on it ;) )

normen

21 Sep 2017

Okay so I get back and first thing I see is a post titled "why actually reason is the worst DAW ever". Why actually? Actually? Are you actually trying to make me sick? Then there was two encounters with zombies that were like "Reason should be exactly like every other DAW" - one wanted channel presets (how's that supposed to work in Reason?) the other didn't want to understand why a 64 samples processing buffer size is used in Reason and got agitated over my explanation why that is so.

So maybe I have... whats the opposite of rose-tinted glasses...? shit-stained glasses? ;) ...on about this but to me it seems this place is overrun in pretty much exactly the way etyrnal said above? All I know is I went better three months without my explanations sliding off people like they're coated with ignorance-teflon :P

Meh, I know its me being negative right now but thats actually exactly what I'm talking about. :|

QVprod

21 Sep 2017

It's pretty much the same as it's always been. There's just something else to complain about now.

demt

21 Sep 2017

Whens me man going to turn up is when to get worried c what happened to reasonstation
yours owner reason2,5
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

avasopht
Competition Winner

21 Sep 2017

Yeah I read that. A Mind of Its Own explains the root of this type of behaviour in its first chapter.

Exowildebeest

21 Sep 2017

normen wrote:
21 Sep 2017

So maybe I have... whats the opposite of rose-tinted glasses...? shit-stained glasses? ;)
Like that South Park episode :lol:

selig
RE Developer

21 Sep 2017

normen wrote:Okay so I get back and first thing I see is a post titled "why actually reason is the worst DAW ever". Why actually? Actually? Are you actually trying to make me sick? Then there was two encounters with zombies that were like "Reason should be exactly like every other DAW" - one wanted channel presets (how's that supposed to work in Reason?) the other didn't want to understand why a 64 samples processing buffer size is used in Reason and got agitated over my explanation why that is so.

So maybe I have... whats the opposite of rose-tinted glasses...? shit-stained glasses? ;) ...on about this but to me it seems this place is overrun in pretty much exactly the way etyrnal said above? All I know is I went better three months without my explanations sliding off people like they're coated with ignorance-teflon :P

Meh, I know its me being negative right now but thats actually exactly what I'm talking about. :|
Two or three bad apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. Glad to have you back, and hope you can see past (or just ignore) whatever negativity you come across here! :)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

fotizimo

21 Sep 2017

selig wrote:
21 Sep 2017

Two or three bad apples shouldn't spoil the whole bunch. Glad to have you back, and hope you can see past (or just ignore) whatever negativity you come across here! :)

I spend a lot of time lurking around, and trying to contribute where possible, and what I see is a few troll-like accounts whose only real contribution is try and take Reason down a notch when they can.

I think these comments get some visibility because this really isn't a high volume place, with lots of posts. I think the Reason-dedicated user base doesn't need to post so often, and therefor, most users will see almost all active threads at some point or another. One of the trolls on this place actually runs a tumblr site dedicated to hating Reason, but then seems to want to comment on every opinion-based thread they can with comments about hating Reason. I couldn't imagine my life being so useless and void that I would run a product-specific hate site and then spend time on a fans site trying to show all of the negatives of the product.

To Selig's point, get out of this place what you came for and ignore the trolls. There is so much useful information here, but with a slower cadence, there just isn't that many new posts to see on a daily basis. The PUF site contained a lot of this as well, but there also seemed to be such a great amount of new and useful information there as well at the time.

At least that is the conclusion I came to when it seemed to get overrun with VST posts a few months back around here. For me, I get plenty out of this site when I ignore the trolls, I think it is just a little harder now than it used to be.
Fotizimo @ Instagram
:reason: on Surface Pro 4
Nektar Impact 25
Novation Launchkey Mini
Arturia SparkLE Spark Codec for Reason

selig
RE Developer

21 Sep 2017

fotizimo wrote:
21 Sep 2017
selig wrote:
21 Sep 2017

I spend a lot of time lurking around, and trying to contribute where possible, and what I see is a few troll-like accounts whose only real contribution is try and take Reason down a notch when they can.

I think these comments get some visibility because this really isn't a high volume place, with lots of posts. I think the Reason-dedicated user base doesn't need to post so often, and therefor, most users will see almost all active threads at some point or another. One of the trolls on this place actually runs a tumblr site dedicated to hating Reason, but then seems to want to comment on every opinion-based thread they can with comments about hating Reason. I couldn't imagine my life being so useless and void that I would run a product-specific hate site and then spend time on a fans site trying to show all of the negatives of the product.

To Selig's point, get out of this place what you came for and ignore the trolls. There is so much useful information here, but with a slower cadence, there just isn't that many new posts to see on a daily basis. The PUF site contained a lot of this as well, but there also seemed to be such a great amount of new and useful information there as well at the time.

At least that is the conclusion I came to when it seemed to get overrun with VST posts a few months back around here. For me, I get plenty out of this site when I ignore the trolls, I think it is just a little harder now than it used to be.
Yea, and it doesn't help that the silly 'drama' posts are the ones that get all the activity, going on for pages and pages, not solving anything, not proving anything, only making folks madder.
OK, I'm back to making music on Reason today, something I would have assumed most here would be more 'into'… ;(
Selig Audio, LLC

normen

21 Sep 2017

Thanks @fotizimo, I guess that perspective can help me deal with it 8)

Gorgon

21 Sep 2017

"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

Ostermilk

22 Sep 2017

And there were some still doubting whether pop music ever had any value.
Gorgon wrote:
21 Sep 2017

Ostermilk

22 Sep 2017

normen wrote:
21 Sep 2017
... didn't want to understand why a 64 samples processing buffer size is used in Reason and got agitated over my explanation why that is so.
You should have told him it was so he can haz lowder!

moneykube

23 Sep 2017

don't leave... you are a voice of reason in a world of confusion... we may have butted heads... but it is all good and for the best... but do what you feel u need to do... I will wait for your return
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

normen

09 Nov 2017

So I recently started to get a strange impression of this place again and so I began filling my ignore list rather unfairly:

For each name I check:
- Did this person help/inform/enlighten me in any way?
- Did this person annoy me in even the slightest way?

And then assign them based on the answers:
Yes/Yes -> Stays
No/No -> Stays
Yes/No -> Stays
No/Yes -> Ignore List

And I must say this yielded some surprising results - so for anyone who's now on my ignore list it wasn't REALLY intentional :P

WongoTheSane

09 Nov 2017

> normen.exe -n WongoTheSane -querystatus /f

normen

09 Nov 2017

WongoTheSane wrote:
09 Nov 2017
> normen.exe -n WongoTheSane -querystatus /f

Code: Select all

User ID: WongoTheSane

WongoTheSane

09 Nov 2017