Atheism does not rule out the idea of God eventually existing & Reaktor!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
modecca

18 Jun 2017

Atheism Vs. Theism #3 (1).doc
(66.5 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

Last edited by modecca on 01 Jul 2017, edited 2 times in total.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

ejanuska

19 Jun 2017

I don't agree with Hepcat sometimes.
But I agree with him on atheism.

jonheal

19 Jun 2017

I completely agree with one of your main points, Modecca, a person's gotta find what works for them personally. I grew up in a pretty hardcore Southern Baptist home, and while I have largely rejected a great deal of its dogma, I still go to a low key, under the radar, Evangelical church with me wife and kids. I am not willing to abandon the idea of God, altogether. The notion of a Universe β€” and my life β€” truly being without any guiding purpose is just too much for me to bear. And I see too much "design" all around me to chalk it up to randomness.

I also see evidence in the people at our church of something going on in their lives that is transcendent. Maybe it's just in their minds, but they are doing a very good job of convincing themselves.

But what/who is God to me? I don't know. I don't have a clear answer to that right now. I just know that I am pretty sure I don't want to be in a Universe completely devoid of a purposeful, higher power.
Jon Heal β€’ :reason: :re: :refill: β€’ Do not click this link!

modecca

19 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote: ↑
19 Jun 2017
I completely agree with one of your main points, Modecca, a person's gotta find what works for them personally. I grew up in a pretty hardcore Southern Baptist home, and while I have largely rejected a great deal of its dogma, I still go to a low key, under the radar, Evangelical church with me wife and kids. I am not willing to abandon the idea of God, altogether. The notion of a Universe β€” and my life β€” truly being without any guiding purpose is just too much for me to bear. And I see too much "design" all around me to chalk it up to randomness.

I also see evidence in the people at our church of something going on in their lives that is transcendent. Maybe it's just in their minds, but they are doing a very good job of convincing themselves.

But what/who is God to me? I don't know. I don't have a clear answer to that right now. I just know that I am pretty sure I don't want to be in a Universe completely devoid of a purposeful, higher power.

The most important thing for me in relation to this video is phenomena of debate itself.

If anyone is ever feeling uninspired, it never hurts to take an idea you disagree with and invest some time really digging deep into why you disagree with it.

You can start with a stale view (that you have possibly had for years) and walk away with a fresh updated version of it.
You could also start off disliking something and feel completely the opposite about it as well.
πŸ”—β€πŸ’₯

demt

27 Jun 2017

dog will reach out of the dog pound fill you with luv for it take you over and buy 1 of his kind and train you to feed it daily and walk you till your fit
thats how meaningless anything left is after the dogs had it

great video though keep it up

in gods name wuff
ps the bible called god yarway its the christian mob worshipping dog and god
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

siln

28 Jun 2017

demt wrote: ↑
27 Jun 2017
dog will reach out of the dog pound fill you with luv for it take you over and buy 1 of his kind and train you to feed it daily and walk you till your fit
thats how meaningless anything left is after the dogs had it

great video though keep it up

in gods name wuff
ps the bible called god yarway its the christian mob worshipping dog and god
dog days : "the hottest period of the year (reckoned in antiquity from the heliacal rising of Sirius, the Dog Star)."

• Information