Have you noticed the cost....

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Faxxer

05 Jun 2017

Hello Friends,

So I've been browsing VST's in the prop shop and one thing sticks out like a big red flag....the massively higher costs of them.

I remember when props let people name their own price for an upgrade and they said it was to gage what people were willing to pay for
a rack extension and to help ....sort of... callibrate...what the prices of those RE's might be set.

Well the VST market is many times more expensive than RE's and I worry that it will INFLATE the cost of RE's in the future.

Thoughts?

Are RE's on course to be $349 in the next 2 years?

~Ike
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

avasopht
Competition Winner

05 Jun 2017

Competition rarely brings prices up.

As always, high value devices with greater production costs tend to sell for more.

What you are seeing are the high value VSTs. There are plenty of VSTs that are cheaper than REs.

AttenuationHz

05 Jun 2017

I have noticed this also here's a comparison of iZotopes prices and Props. They are the exact same plug-ins! It seems the props store does not have updated info of discounts or the actual prices on iZotopes store Vocal synth difference and the actual price is very funny! When browsing VST on props store it can sometimes bring you to the plug-ins site also!
Props Price.JPG
Props Price.JPG (80.81 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
iZotpe price 1.JPG
iZotpe price 1.JPG (64.49 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
iZotpe price 2.JPG
iZotpe price 2.JPG (27.29 KiB) Viewed 1213 times
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

gak

06 Jun 2017

Please.

As much as I hate kvr, do yourself a favor and follow the marketplace there. Not only will you find ALL the deals that you want on quality stuff, but the marketplace itself is where you get your "beef" from.

I put in on the "site stuff" here that we too should have a buy/sell and a place for people to post bargains. Always tons of them. The prop shop isn't the only option by far.

JRR, pluginboutique, so so many more offer deals that are insane.

AttenuationHz

06 Jun 2017

gak wrote:Please.

As much as I hate kvr, do yourself a favor and follow the marketplace there. Not only will you find ALL the deals that you want on quality stuff, but the marketplace itself is where you get your "beef" from.

I put in on the "site stuff" here that we too should have a buy/sell and a place for people to post bargains. Always tons of them. The prop shop isn't the only option by far.

JRR, pluginboutique, so so many more offer deals that are insane.
Not a bad idea there. Maybe there should be a stickied bargain alert thread!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

pLv2

06 Jun 2017

VSTs cost more because they are better in certain cases and even Ernst said your music requires it. :lol: RE's are pretty flatlined imo.

I bought U-he Diva 15% off from an actual plugin site a couple days ago. ;)

aeox
Competition Winner

07 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
Faxxer wrote: Are RE's on course to be $349 in the next 2 years?
Rack Extensions have hit that sort of money a while ago. Softube's Compressor is $349
a damn compressor! :lol:

AttenuationHz

07 Jun 2017

Kombucha wrote:
Faxxer wrote: Are RE's on course to be $349 in the next 2 years?
Rack Extensions have hit that sort of money a while ago. Softube's Compressor is $349
its only that price because they have been selling their hardware for a ridiculously overpriced amount for years. If they suddenly started selling their software for an affordable price people be onto them!

demt

07 Jun 2017

its nice to see signs of a bang for your buck thread
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

gak

09 Jun 2017

Hey now, we're not talking about "her" .......

• Information