Anyone watching American Gods?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
EnochLight

25 May 2017

The first 3 episodes were ok, but the 4th was absolutely awesome. Really liking this show! Also, not sure how I feel about the new Twin Peaks. In episode 1, the scene with the glass box "entity" reveal was pretty awesome, though.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

decibel

26 May 2017

yep, not bad so far

HepCat

26 May 2017

American Gods looks like every other procedural, except Twin Peaks which is the granddaddy of them all.

That said, Episode 1 of Twin Peaks Series 3 was veeery confusing. However, Episode 3 and 4 (directly after Episode 1, go figure - it's to do with Ep. 1 consisting of Pt. 1 and 2, then Ep. 2 being Pt. 3 ... : - / ) revert back to more of a Twin Peaks feeling. Episode 1 was more like, Eraserhead or something.

Lynch is perhaps the greatest living filmmaker and there's so much deep deep deep occult stuff going on in his and Mark Frosts (etc.) Twin Peaks franchise.

EnochLight

26 May 2017

I decided by the end of episode 2 of the new Twin Peaks, I'm in. I just love the... CRAZY.. of it all - it's just bonkers. Besides, I'm probably one of the few people on the planet that absolutely loved what Lynch did with Dune. Anyway, that glass box scene from episode 2 was downright terrifying. Loved it!

As for American Gods, as of episode 4 - I'm totally in. It's a lot more than just a procedural show.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Gaja

27 May 2017

I listened to the audio book of American Gods. If the TV show is only half as good it should be pretty awesome. Where can I watch it? Amazon Prime?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

EnochLight

27 May 2017

Gaja wrote:I listened to the audio book of American Gods. If the TV show is only half as good it should be pretty awesome. Where can I watch it? Amazon Prime?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It's a Starz show, but it's on Amazon as well - I think!

Gaja

27 May 2017

Thanks Enoch I'll check it out.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information