Sooo Music making...better with vst?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
bsp

08 Jun 2017

From a workflow point of view, I don't like that you have to constantly open / close the VST windows in order to make edits.

What I do like is that there are some really great sounding VSTs (e.g. Valhalla ÜberMod or U-He Satin).

When I look at my most recent projects, it's ~20% VST, 80% RE.

I also think that Propellerhead should work on the CV->VST Param mapping.

All VST params are listed in one single popup menu, which, with certain plugins, contains way too many entries to be usable at all. Some synths / FX literally have thousands of parameters !

My suggestion: add a dedicated mapping dialog for this that allows you to filter VST parameters by name.

NekujaK

08 Jun 2017

The "process" of making music remains the same, but it's sure been a fun couple of weeks adding new gear to my Reason rack - whether it's old favorite VSTs I owned previously or discovering new ones. I just like all the gear :) Synths don't interest me, but guitar stuff and mixing gear does. I only ever use a small fraction of it, but I never know when I'm going to find that new go-to favorite that helps me craft a better sound.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Oquasec

08 Jun 2017

http://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/pro ... d-reason-7

But vsts will get way more usage in Reason instead of rewire because they had the nerve to add a second format to the wire club.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Gorgon

09 Jun 2017

I've always been a big fan of NI Razor and I think it's GREAT that I can use it in Reason now, hassle free, and run it through Reasons effects. I've already got a few things going that sound a hell of a lot better than anything I did before.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

jonheal

09 Jun 2017

pLv2 wrote:The artist David Choe painted in prison with soy sauce, tea, blood and urine.
I read up on David Choe in Wikipedia. What an asshole.
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

pLv2

09 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:I read up on David Choe in Wikipedia. What an asshole.
Haha! You probably wouldn't want to listen to the podcast he was running with his adult film star co-host. I'd say he's doing alright for a sex and gambling addict considering he made millions off the Facebook boom and had a painted portrait of President Obama in the White House. One might say the lucky bastard just fell through the cracks but I like his philosophy on hard work and dedication. He is certainly a screwed up artist.

4filegate

09 Jun 2017

You Need in Order to do Yoga not have to travel to India

siln

09 Jun 2017

4filegate wrote:You Need in Order to do Yoga not have to travel to India
who do yoga nowadays ?

gak

10 Jun 2017

Apparently a lot of people in NYC, outside.

gak

10 Jun 2017

jonheal wrote:
pLv2 wrote:The artist David Choe painted in prison with soy sauce, tea, blood and urine.
I read up on David Choe in Wikipedia. What an asshole.

Remember too, people used to make music BEFORE it was able to be recorded. I know, it's a tough concept.

4filegate

10 Jun 2017

gak wrote:Apparently a lot of people in NYC, outside.
They learn to listen to their own body and acquire additional sensory skills.

gak

12 Jun 2017

Yes, but how do they avoid the crowds running for soylent green?

demt

15 Jun 2017

if its out there you can get it adds an extra dimension to your creativity
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information