Benedict has left ReasonTalk.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2017

wendylou wrote:Every "leaving" is a future opportunity to return. Just look at some "Farewell" band concerts where – years later – they regroup and perform again! Could happen. :)
Indeed, let's hope that is the case with Benedict, as he made huge contributions to the forum - and great to see you again Wendy!

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Ostermilk

21 Jun 2017

avasopht wrote:
21 Jun 2017
selig wrote:
19 Jun 2017
I had a great conversation with Benedict via PM before he left. He was VERY specific that he was not mad at RT or the mods, and this wasn't our first conversation on the matter. He choose to leave for what I felt were totally understandable reasons, and I won't go any further here except to say I made sure he knew he was going to be severely missed here and I hoped he would come back soon!

I just wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings about what actually went down here.
:)
Aah, well that changes everything about half of what was said in this thread ;)
Yes, because of course people often decide to leave when they are happy to be here.

My contribution to this thread has been an accurate description of something that actually happened after flagging up the same guy 3 times in as many weeks.

Kenni has already stated he was sorry he didn't boot the offending forum member earlier, so most of what has been said on this thread doesn't change as a result of Selig's attempt at a bit of PR at all. Perhaps PR is a bit harsh but it certainly doesn't indicate the he's taken on board your positive call for self-critical reflection given the circumstances.

Perhaps that's what you meant though, unless I've missed something.

selig
RE Developer

21 Jun 2017

avasopht wrote:
selig wrote:
19 Jun 2017
I had a great conversation with Benedict via PM before he left. He was VERY specific that he was not mad at RT or the mods, and this wasn't our first conversation on the matter. He choose to leave for what I felt were totally understandable reasons, and I won't go any further here except to say I made sure he knew he was going to be severely missed here and I hoped he would come back soon!

I just wanted to make sure there were no misunderstandings about what actually went down here.
Aah, well that changes everything about half of what was said in this thread ;)
It wasn't intended to change anything, and I'm not sure it does - I just wanted to provide another side of the story that could not have been known by anyone except for Benedict and myself so there could be no misreading of the situation.

Selig Audio, LLC

Ostermilk

21 Jun 2017

selig wrote:
21 Jun 2017
wendylou wrote:Every "leaving" is a future opportunity to return. Just look at some "Farewell" band concerts where – years later – they regroup and perform again! Could happen. :)
Indeed, let's hope that is the case with Benedict, as he made huge contributions to the forum - and great to see you again Wendy!

Agreed, he has a good attitude, open and honest with a great sense of humour too, along with that rare commodity great humility.

chk071

23 Jun 2017

I only can speak for myself, but, the one time i was warned (deservedly), Kenni acted very fair towards me, and even further explained the situation, which he didn't have to do. So, i really think this is a reasonably moderated forum, also looking at how the other mods act, and how present they are here. Not that there seems to be much moderation necessary here, it's far more civil than other places i visit on a daily base...
:reason: :rebirth:

• Information