Chris Cornell

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
ejanuska

18 May 2017

This death for me is worse then Bowie and Prince combined.

I was hoping for another Soundgarden album, guess that ain't happening unless they release a bunch of posthumous material.

Dabbler

18 May 2017

Amazing voice - RIP

pskovacs

18 May 2017

Prince for me was still a bigger blow (and Bowie about equal), but I've been absolutely gutted and out of sorts all day. He far and away had the best rock voice of his generation. RIP.

motuscott

18 May 2017

Bad news. Cranking up Black Hole Sun...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

decoder

18 May 2017

RIP Chris... Had the honor of seeing him live many times, was always fantastic! Another great one gone too soon...

Last Alternative

18 May 2017

I saw him live. Amazing artist and huge loss for the rock & roll scene. I can't believe he hung himself.
Found out this morning that he died. Had Like A Stone stuck in my head all day. Got home and played his music with some Scotch on the rocks in homage. Sad, sad.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Dabbler

19 May 2017

Thru my life there are a few songs I can remember where I was when I heard them. Black Hole Sun was one - love at first listen. Sad.

Zac

19 May 2017

He's a big presence in my music collection right back to Louder Than Love. This has freaked me out a bit. RIP.

Noplan
Competition Winner

19 May 2017

Looks like Keith Richards outlived another one. R.I.P. Chris.

cosignsessions

19 May 2017

No bigger influence on the music I try to create than Chris Cornell. Been listening to Euphoria Morning and King Animal all day....I feel like I neglected those 2 albums. RIP

clone

20 May 2017

Bowie was a bigger blow for me, but Chris Cornell was huge also. Really upset the way he went out.
Chris Cornell was another great artist of our time, especially because the group started in the 90's and partied heavily in those days.
Rest in peace Chris.

stratatonic

21 May 2017

Had Audioslave Out of Exile and Revelations playing all weekend
motuscott wrote:Cranking up Black Hole Sun...
There was a pool hall we used to go to that actually had a jukebox with mostly crappy poppy and country tunes.
With a gem of a tune tucked in that sorry sappy mess called Black Hole Sun.
We'd piss everyone there off playing that tune over and over and over again... :puf_bigsmile:

ejanuska

22 May 2017

I figured since figured he made it this far he found a way to some sort of inner peace.

The music will live on but, instead of pushing me forward, it will haunt me.

• Information