Amiee Nolte - Jazz Singer/Pianist/Tutor

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
pushedbutton

23 Apr 2017

This isn't usually the sort of thing you find around here and I was in two minds about posting this here but some of you might find this a bit of a refreshing change to the sort of tutorials and techniques that get highlighted on these forums.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZIB_p ... gkYWHeUy-Q

She does a good job of explaining some ideas that often get overlooked when your main tool is a DAW. Give her a try, you might find some inspiration here or you might just think it's cheesy. Whatever, she deserves some exposure.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2017

I like her rule for her kids about asking a question that shows you have heard what a person is saying before you launch into your tangent.

From her intro I wasn't really expecting her to have a nice playing feel. Silly me.

I don't understand the notes & key thing enough (silly me again) but this is great to watch.

Overall I think it is great advice on composition and arranging out a piece from an idea.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information