The Age of the Synth

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Faxxer

07 Apr 2017

Hello Friends,

In the last ten years, music computer tech has become everything anyone could ever dream of it becoming...and it's still full of new and creative ideas popping out everywhere!

When I was a kid, I dreamed of owning the Korg-T3 for it's beautiful sounds and amazing sequencer....I never could afford it, but years and years later a church I attended (and played music there) bought the Korg-01Wfd....a exponential step up from the T3!!!!

I never could afford one of those on my own until the year 2003.... Got one for 600 bucks on ....EBAY. still play it to this day out live.
BUT....
I also have a nice axiom 49 controller that I LIVE ON when working on reason.

The 01/w with all the addon disks I got maybe had 400 sounds to play with...

With reason i have more sounds (THOUSANDS or MORE) , and synth choices that I almost can't even count or use in albums of music.

Does anyone think the modern $2,000 to $4,000 synth has come to an end? You can do just as much performance-wise with a controller now.

Just pondering my justification to save up to buy a Korg Kronos
:essentials: :adapted: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :rebirth: :reason: :record: :refill: :ignition: :o

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2017

I brought a Korg T1 over 25 years ago and still have it to this day, I went through a massive period where I stopped playing music all together, I don't really use it however I won't ever sell it either, I suppose one day I will reunite my PC and my Keyboards.

My brother is heavy into analogue synths and he writes a lot of music. He also seams to have nice big repair bills !!!!

There has been a couple of times where he (and others) have asked what hardware synths I've overlaid on one of my tracks in question and it's always nice to reply this is Reason only.

So for me I'm more and happy with my softsynths, for my brother hardware.

You only have one life, do what makes you the most happy... you want a Kronos.... get it and enjoy it :D

• Information