Me - Student Pharmacist

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
ravisoni

07 Apr 2017

Deleting this post
Last edited by ravisoni on 05 Sep 2022, edited 2 times in total.
:reason: Reason 12 | :re: Preset Browser | :refill: Refill Hoarder

Jonathan10

07 Apr 2017

I appreciate it man, thx will do.
:refill:

Noplan
Competition Winner

07 Apr 2017

My band mate is a pharmacist too. He is 30 years older than me an is very long in that buisness. He retires soon and he told me about their methods that a responsible for wrong diagnoses and medication. Before the anti-corruption laws, it was very easy in Germany to bribe doctors with gifts, travels and parties. This led to the prescribing of medications or diagnoses that were not necessary or simply wrong. Health care is a big business and is widely regarded as extremely corrupt.

Because he was part of that buisness he is always sceptical and checks his medication that his doctor prescribes him.

siln

07 Apr 2017

it s a basic question I dont know if this is relevant but what would be your personnal advice for stop smoking tobacco,
I could stop for 10 days last month; was my record , now im on the edge of stoping again, i wish for longer period

rudiarii

07 Apr 2017

siln wrote:it s a basic question I dont know if this is relevant but what would be your personnal advice for stop smoking tobacco,
I could stop for 10 days last month; was my record , now im on the edge of stoping again, i wish for longer period
Hardest thing I ever did but the best...what ever happens ,keep trying it is worth it.

Sorry to hijack the thread.
"dont let the world bring you down, not everyone here is that fucked up and cold" Incubus

ravisoni

10 Apr 2017

Deleting this post
Last edited by ravisoni on 05 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

siln

12 Apr 2017

ravisoni wrote:Hey siln, I haven't disregarded your question, just been a few busy days. I'll write a reply here how you can be smoke-free for a longer period. Before I do that, when you last quit, was that cold turkey, or did you taper down gradually?
No problems, the process of asking the question is already a self help kinda, and I know this question is huge/difficult to answer , and much documented over the internet , you can just answer what you are inspired to ;)
i quited 10 days cold turkey, and sometimes 2 days , all this in a period of a month or so , on a long term view it is a process of diminishing,
also because i dont want to put to much pressure on it , i think i try the 2,3 month diminish techniques to get used to what it is to not smoke at all
I try to tap into psychology, brain programing ..I feel it more in a psychological way than a nicotine addiction but tried a pack of gums also not a big thing but these can help i guess

ejanuska

12 Apr 2017

I don't want to kill the party but in my experience the OP and its summary of heathcare users in the US is inaccurate.

In my years as a healthcare customer I don't think there is a fear of healthcare providers. Its the fear of getting charged $35, no sorry its now $40, to talk to an intern who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground while the resident doc is on the greens. We, the customers, have been forced into becoming healthcare/billing/pharmacy experts because you can't trust the network of doctors, I mean interns/NPs, to communicate about a patients care, because they don't.
Its also a fear of getting a procedure done that may or may not leave you worse off then before. I've seen it a number of times, friends and relatives dying, or almost dying, over bad prescriptions, unnecessary surgery, lies, incompetence, etc. I recently paid $300 for some jackass to stick a camera up my wife's nose so he could tell her that her sinuses were screwed up. We already knew that genius! Don't even get me started on workmans comp. The hospital/doctor for me is for extreme emergencies only, like I broke my arm off, or I got in a car accident and need to document my injuries.

Sir I respect your dedication, professionalism, and desire to help, but with statements like "poor patient education/motivation to poor medication adherence" you already sound like the blame is going to the customer/patient and you're only in your second year. That may not be your intention, but that is how I read it.

And although you are a student I would be very careful about providing any medical advice to anyone lest you land yourself in legal trouble before you even graduate.

ravisoni

12 Apr 2017

Deleting this post
Last edited by ravisoni on 05 Sep 2022, edited 1 time in total.

• Information