New Synth !

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JJGreen

15 Mar 2017

Its 'been two weeks since the last one. Because the store needs more synths !

And in the off weeks we'll see GUI facelifts. Woo hoo
. Never a dull moment.

I am of course being sarcastic. the amount of synths in the shop is ridiculous and unnessesary. Its a poor relfection on a consumer driven society that is fooled into believing their music must surely improve if only they buy that new synth.

Really, this is all people need:

Thor, with Hylides refill
Subtractor
A steel bucket and a wooden spoon
A nun's guitar from the thrift shop
A beer bottle half filled with dry lentils

From these essential tools, ANY custom sounds can be built right in the audio editor. All those extra REs are just pretty tinsel on the xmas tree.

Really, we could strip it down further and say that all one needs to create top shelf tunes is a smartphone recording of a whistle, and knowing how to transpose pitch. Whack it into Alligator if you want a trance vibe. Vocode if you want to sound like those Euro cheeseballs in the motorcycle helmets. Job done. Music made. Hit records sold.

raymondh

15 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:Its 'been two weeks since the last one. Because the store needs more synths !

. Never a dull moment.

I am of course being sarcastic. the amount of synths in the shop is ridiculous and unnessesary. Its a poor relfection on a consumer driven society that is fooled into believing their music must surely improve if only they buy that new synth.

Subtractor

From these essential tools, ANY custom sounds can be built right in the audio editor. All those extra REs are just pretty tinsel on the xmas tree.

Really, we could strip it down further and say that all one needs to create top shelf tunes is a smartphone recording of a whistle, and knowing how to transpose pitch. Whack it into Alligator if you want a trance vibe. Vocode if you want to sound like those Euro cheeseballs in the motorcycle helmets. Job done. Music made. Hit records sold.
And you could build a house with sticks and twine.

It doesn't mean you'd want to live in it :)

Peter

15 Mar 2017

Last thing we need is more EDM bro's making EDM drops with household items so they can post videos on Facebook to other EDM bro's and try to go viral like a real EDM bro. Sorry to burst your bubble but that sensational cheap art has come and gone.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2017

I have never owned a beer bottle with lentils. Must be why I am failing. I did, however, make a drum kit from an empty yogurt pot on my Emax I. Lacked lentils tho for true street cred.

YSure there are more synths than anyone would actually need (and I manage to have many in my list from Betas & some buying) but each does bring something slightly different. Different enough for me to buy em all? No as with increased learning I don't even need Hydlide's ReFill for Thor but I sure wouldn't rail against more synths - especially if they bring something new to the table (as I know at least one upcoming RE will). Matter of interest. I am making patches for another synth RE right now that introduced me to a technique I could do in Thor but just never really did - till now that is.

:)
Last edited by Benedict on 17 Mar 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Catblack

15 Mar 2017

>A nun's guitar from the thrift shop

I have one of those. It's cursed with an ancient evil, high action and never stays in tune.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Catblack wrote:>A nun's guitar from the thrift shop

I have one of those. It's cursed with an ancient evil, high action and never stays in tune.

It doesn't matter when we have pitch control. Just wind a belt around the neck to act as a capo, sound a note - any note - and copy/paste/transpose as required.

Not only do we not need any more synths, but the world doesn't need guitarists either.

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Benedict wrote:I have never owned a beer bottle with lentils. Must be why I am failing. I did, however, make a drum kit from an empty yogurt pot on my Emax I. Lacked lentils tho for true street cred.
Here's a man who knows the true spirit of music. People, next time a new synth comes out, refrain from spending your money, and look for a nice wide bucket withba lid instead. Something I discovered in Bangkok the other week was that if you add a shallow amount of water, throw in a fresh fish and seal the lid, the device will often play itself. Kind of like an auto-run feature, but sometimes you have to kick it to turn it on. And eventually you need to replace the fish.

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Peter wrote:Last thing we need is more EDM bro's making EDM drops with household items so they can post videos on Facebook to other EDM bro's and try to go viral like a real EDM bro. Sorry to burst your bubble but that sensational cheap art has come and gone.
Sorry, I do not follow sensational cheap communication social media platforms, so I'll take your word for it.

Personally I have better things to do than waste my time on Facebook.

Man has been making music from whatever is available for thousands of years. If you happen to think the concept doest align to your sense of contemporary fashion (dont telle.. you consider yourself so hip to refer to yourself as anti fashion), then so be it, go enjoy the next unnesessary synth to be released.

And who said anything about EDM. I don't even know what an 'EDM Bro' is. Are you rallying against other musicians that don't happen to produce in a genre that you like? Thats poor form.

Enjoy blowing your money, pal. It clearly makes you feel superior to organic musicians, so I guess its a good investment in your self esteem.

Peter

16 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:Personally I have better things to do than waste my time on Facebook.
Me too. I deleted mine. :)
JJGreen wrote:Man has been making music from whatever is available for thousands of years. If you happen to think the concept doest align to your sense of contemporary fashion (dont telle.. you consider yourself so hip to refer to yourself as anti fashion), then so be it, go enjoy the next unnesessary synth to be released.
I don't think it's fair to blame your lack of knowledge and/or ability on consumerism. I'm not a fan of consumerism, not one of these Reason freaks who jokes about having an addiction and I choose my devices after actual consideration. :)
JJGreen wrote:And who said anything about EDM. I don't even know what an 'EDM Bro' is. Are you rallying against other musicians that don't happen to produce in a genre that you like? Thats poor form.
Oh my mistake. I thought you were an EDM bro the way you were complaining like a spoiled millennial about free RE's in the other thread. I personally don't care what music people do and I can probably learn something from the "wall of sound" mixing the EDM bro's do. ;)
JJGreen wrote:Enjoy blowing your money, pal. It clearly makes you feel superior to organic musicians, so I guess its a good investment in your self esteem.
Back to blaming things on consumerism. I don't feel superior and I come from a family of organic musicians. I am the black sheep.

You gonna keep me entertained at work all night, sweetie?

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

You sir, are rude and completely misguided l. I don't come here to cop spurious and idiotic direct insults.i have reported you for being such a tool. Grow up.

Peter

16 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:You sir, are rude and completely misguided l. I don't come here to cop spurious and idiotic direct insults.i have reported you for being such a tool. Grow up.
You original post is trolling and you implied I have low self-esteem. That's a personal insult. I'm just having fun but if you can't take the heat then maybe you should get out of the kitchen. ;)

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

I actually earn an income using Reason, so I'm quite certain that I have nothing to gain by reading posts from a lonely alcoholic who works night shift at the 24 hour car wash. Thus, for the time being I'm blocking you from appearing on my forum feed. Adios, little man.

Peter

16 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:I actually earn an income using Reason, so I'm quite certain that I have nothing to gain by reading posts from a lonely alcoholic who works night shift at the 24 hour car wash. Thus, for the time being I'm blocking you from appearing on my forum feed. Adios, little man.
Haha! Obvious troll is too obvious. Let me know when you're ready to give me a kissy kissy.

siln

16 Mar 2017

all you need is a boy high on anesthesia

:cool:

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

Haha oh dear. That kid's pretty obnoxious, even on anasthetic. But it does illustrate that music can be made from almost any source. Maybe one of us could sample the salty young fellow from earlier in this thread (Ive forgotten his name already) and make a novelty song about boxed wine. I'm not volunteeting though, I don't have the patience to work with ... let's say... 'people like him'

I guess once we have a kickass sampler that will open Reason up to more creative possibilities. As much as I would like to load samples, I find the NNXT too time consuming to set up across several octaves. Is this on the cards now that the software has been updated?

Kenni
Site Admin

16 Mar 2017

@Peter, @JJGreen, you've both been warned. I don't care who started it.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

JJGreen

16 Mar 2017

[Censored stuff from banned user]

Edit by Kenni.

ejanuska

17 Mar 2017

Dude got banned?
How lame.
It's like kindergarten here sometimes. Play nice or go in the corner.

If I was buying boatloads of plastic synths that went to a landfill after six months I could see the point of consumerism and all.
But, it's MY money. I'll spend it on what I want.
If you have all day to turn lentils into drums go for it. The rest of us would rather buy the tools to get the job done.

Karim
Competition Winner

17 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote:Its 'been two weeks since the last one. Because the store needs more synths !

. Never a dull moment.

Subtractor

Breaking Re.jpg
Breaking Re.jpg (66.62 KiB) Viewed 2075 times
Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3 + R12.x + IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

HepCat

21 Mar 2017

Kenni wrote:@Peter, @JJGreen, you've both been warned. I don't care who started it.
Hi mate. I don't mean to up the ante all the time but l honestly think it was all just banter, and for that matter, some of the funniest shit l've read on here, proper reddit material. Sad to see any user get banned.

Gorgon

22 Mar 2017

JJGreen wrote: Personally I have better things to do than waste my time on Facebook.
Such as "wasting your time" on this forum instead.
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

• Information