apple music - be warned

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

Riverman

06 May 2016

heinous :thumbs_down:
"Time is a sort of river of passing events, and strong is its current;
no sooner is a thing brought to sight than it is swept by and another takes its place,
and this too will be swept away." - Marcus Aurelius

CharlyCharlzz

06 May 2016

Apple just suck , I don't even have Quick time and never had a i-tune or even owned a i-thing .
last year a friend wanted to give me a I-pad I refused it .
I got no apple love
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

decibel

06 May 2016

ive used macs since i began using computers but my feelings towards the company has definitely soured over the years, its a shame reason cant run on a linux system is all i will say, apart from that if you love osx at least build a hackingtosh rather then pay apple blown out prices for their maschines ;)

CharlyCharlzz

06 May 2016

Steve Jobs was great and changed the World with his legacy products , the I-watch will rock the day it will do it all but Apple should stop with there Music BS and focus in there app store and into there hardwares .
I will never instal anything that scan my drive in such agressive way and from Nokia many Fails to X-box media thing it all is crashing anyway so weird road to take from apple IMHO
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Chizmata

06 May 2016

seriously, what kind of person comes up with stuff like this? gotta be either a huge asshole or a huge idiot. anyway, is this mac only?

4filegate

06 May 2016

:think: ph Reason has a MacOS source code
Last edited by 4filegate on 13 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

normen

06 May 2016

RTFM?

O1B

06 May 2016

" reach into your computer and take away what you already owned."

Hella exaggeration. I hear WinAmp is coming back... so there's that.

I buy apps, music, and only use iTunes... (no Apple Music Subscription...)
No Problems...

Last Alternative

06 May 2016

I have an iPhone but yeah fuck Apple. And Facecrook and all the other companies that steal, scan, take ownership of and sell your information.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

willowman

06 May 2016

never had a i-tune or even owned a i-thing .

I think this my all-time favourite quote ever ever.....totally deserves being turned into a song, please make it happen :puf_bigsmile:
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

The_G

06 May 2016

Okay, there is some reason to be skeptical about this story.

However, Apple Music is just a terrible service. Spotify is orders of magnitude better, and created by a startup (not a multibillion dollar corporation).
Cosmopolis, out now: : https://timeslaves.bandcamp.com/album/cosmopolis! Check out the first single, "City Lights:

Gorgon

06 May 2016

All these rare releases without a backup? Hmmm...
"This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit."

joeyluck

06 May 2016

This is weird and I am perplexed. I am not familiar with this at all.
The same company that takes a hard, very public stand on protecting privacy is the company that does this? I find it hard to believe.
The conversation quoted certainly didn't happen.

Sounds to me like somebody forgot to backup their stuff...lost it another way...and is now trying to concoct a story to hold somebody else accountable.

moneykube

06 May 2016

um... didn't read the op post because I read a similar one on facebook... the one I read about had it all backed up... that is how he fixed the problem that shouldn't exist but does... or seems to
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

jappe

06 May 2016

CharlyCharlzz wrote: last year a friend wanted to give me a I-pad I refused it .
Wise decision - first they give you apples for free, and then you're hooked-->broke :D

• Information