Half done a documentary

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
yeahright31

05 May 2016

Went through a terrible time few months ago and contemplated suicide- I really knew the only way to beat my illness feelings was to get lost in music.
I decided to film my synth jams and I half made this documentary and talked about what I was going through in the inbetweeners- I was going to watch this with my best mate as he knew half of the pain I was going through - he said he'd like to watch the video as he likes my music and wanted to see.

Long story short I also ripped the Synth Jams from the movie and converted the Mp4 to Mp3 so now these are like the soundtrack.
In the end a real tide of change happened and life now is better - I'm glad I battled on through it.
I haven't uploaded my video on Youtube or anything, it needs much more work and now i'm in the right mindset and happy again I wonder if I should continue working on it and upload it.

It's a shaky cam and I know this annoys people, apparently there is few ways to fix it I was reading online about.
Then at times I get these burst of ideas of how I could use parts of my jams, just upload my full tunes to Soundcloud.
Just to have so many ideas for it and so much free time is a joy.

willowman

08 May 2016

get it finished and uploaded mate...sounds interesting...glad to hear you're in a better place :puf_smile:
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

jappe

08 May 2016

yeahright31 wrote:Went through a terrible time few months ago and contemplated suicide- I really knew the only way to beat my illness feelings was to get lost in music.
I decided to film my synth jams and I half made this documentary and talked about what I was going through in the inbetweeners- I was going to watch this with my best mate as he knew half of the pain I was going through - he said he'd like to watch the video as he likes my music and wanted to see.

Long story short I also ripped the Synth Jams from the movie and converted the Mp4 to Mp3 so now these are like the soundtrack.
In the end a real tide of change happened and life now is better - I'm glad I battled on through it.
I haven't uploaded my video on Youtube or anything, it needs much more work and now i'm in the right mindset and happy again I wonder if I should continue working on it and upload it.

It's a shaky cam and I know this annoys people, apparently there is few ways to fix it I was reading online about.
Then at times I get these burst of ideas of how I could use parts of my jams, just upload my full tunes to Soundcloud.
Just to have so many ideas for it and so much free time is a joy.
It's great that you found a good way to release those bad feelings, music can really bee good therapy for many people.
When sad and badthings strike in life, everyone should have a toolbox to battle the effects. Why don't they teach that in school?

My toolbox:

1. Mindfulness. Nothing beats it. One week, 2 15 minute sessions per day, I can do it at home or on the bus with a mobile phone app. It gives strength and resilience.

2. Casual breathing exercises: surprisingly efficient with immediate benefit:
Breath very deep in during 4 seconds.
Keep your breath for 10-12 seconds
Release your breath entirely, empty lungs, during 7 seconds.
Repeat for 5 minutes or more.
It really clears my mind, and it's not a subtle thing, it's like magic. Perfect to use before something you know is going to cause stress. It clears my mind, it makes me happy.

Take care.

• Information