7 days w/o reason help

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
jappe

26 Dec 2015

freeQlow wrote:Jappe, I appreciate the offer to help.
I'm on the east coast, where are you located?

I will be out for a few, may crash at a friends house tonight...

How does your Sunday look in case we can't connect?
Hello!

I'm on the west coast. Of Sweden :puf_bigsmile: (an hour away from the coast actually ) So I'm 6 hours ahead of your time.

I will be busy from tomorrow afternoon Swedish time unfortunately.

A good start is to check the update history, to see if anything is failing.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24 ... tails.html

If so, make manual installations of just a few updates at a time, to make sure any dependent patch gets installed before that problem patch.

freeQlow

26 Dec 2015

I'm in Chat now mate

jappe

26 Dec 2015

freeQlow wrote:I'm in Chat now mate
Ok, I'm in chat now; though I don't see your nick

Hmm...strange that I didn't get a notification when you submitted a new post in the thread. Notifications broken perhaps...or delayed!?

freeQlow

27 Dec 2015

must have just missed you.
Still no Reason but.... this did happen.

Yesterday morning the reason windows were open to my surprise.... after walking away for 10+ hours.

I got really excited! Then really disappointed :-(

I detached the rack window after reconnecting my zoom interface. Then, absolutely nothing, reason was frozen.

I have not been able to open reason going on 4 weeks now.

I think this happened simply due to the audio interface disconnecting overnight... so reason is running somewhere on my computer although its not visible to me.
Task manager won't let any accounts or administrator end Reason Process or Reason Process Tree.

I still haven't figured out how to handle "failed" updates. I followed your link and come to a dead 3nd everytime.

Also, ran out of restore points. My furthest restore point is now only 7 days ago and not 7 months... thru roughly frustrated at this point. As I said before, just spent well over $500 on racks and can't fucking see them.

decibel

27 Dec 2015

how long have you been waiting for support from propellerhead now ?

freeQlow

27 Dec 2015

jeez, I don't think they ever responded to my authorizer key question back on June.

I think this is a Windows updater issue, not the software although everything else works.

decibel

27 Dec 2015

their customer support combined with authorizer issues is almost enough to send a person searching for greener pastures eh, im so invested in RE's now that even if i migrate i'll still keep one foot in the door for the time being, if i didnt have so many REs still anchoring me here, i would have moved on to another daw ages ago

Last Alternative

27 Dec 2015

The word Propellerhead is quickly becoming a 1 liner joke that isn't funny.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

chimp_spanner

30 Dec 2015

You've mentioned restore points but at this point I would recommend a re-install. It sounds like you've got too many other problems to be able to sort it (at least not without leaving a lot of weird/corrupted/broken stuff). Honestly, for as much time as you would spend going back to restore points and trying to patch up a bad install, you'd be better off backing up, getting all of your install discs and downloads together in one place and doing a nice clean install of Windows. Use something like Acronis True Image to make system backups as you go, so you can get back to a working state within 5 minutes. Seriously man it's the only way. I know it's never helpful to hear it but I'm running Windows 10 (including its ridiculous mandatory updates) and Reason 8, Cubase 8.5, it all works fine. So it should at least give you hope that it's possible but I don't think your current install can be saved. Just my opinion though.

Also nothing excuses bad customer support. Steinberg are terrible right now. Three weeks to get a reply over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4filegate

30 Dec 2015

days like these &. reason won't start? 3rd party application software Dell Premier Color is a party pooper.

Skullture

30 Dec 2015

freeQlow wrote:jeez, I don't think they ever responded to my authorizer key question back on June.

I think this is a Windows updater issue, not the software although everything else works.
Consider doing a FULL system re-install, I see no other options at this point.

EDIT: also consider using a virtual machine to test a new reason 8 install on, but that could be just wasting time, if I were you I'd back up all my stuff and do a full windows re-install (use windows 8.1 if possible)

Lizard

30 Dec 2015

This may be a goose chase but considering the length of time of this problem and the clear desperation I am sure on the hands of the OP let me offer the following :

There was a short time not that long ago that happened to my PC regarding my Virus Protection. For me it was AVG Free. In two instances it changed my LAN settings and did not allow me to do two things. The first was I was unable to get on to EA's Origin software to play any games harbored there. Secondly it would not allow me to log in to Reason or use Authorizer. It would give me a network error. Searching the internet no information for Reason was provided but seems a common isse with EA's Origin. The answer to my problem was in strict handling of my Firewall. My resolution was to go to Internet Options and click on the Connection Tab. Near the bottom is a button called LAN settings. This is generally left empty or blank. In my case VP was either assigning a new one or making it try to auto-detect..... ? I am not sure. For shits and giggles check that. It should be unselected. Give that a whirl and see if it helps. It may not be the issue but you never know. Your case sounds familiar to mine.

Skullture

30 Dec 2015

Lizard wrote:This may be a goose chase but considering the length of time of this problem and the clear desperation I am sure on the hands of the OP let me offer the following :

There was a short time not that long ago that happened to my PC regarding my Virus Protection. For me it was AVG Free. In two instances it changed my LAN settings and did not allow me to do two things. The first was I was unable to get on to EA's Origin software to play any games harbored there. Secondly it would not allow me to log in to Reason or use Authorizer. It would give me a network error. Searching the internet no information for Reason was provided but seems a common isse with EA's Origin. The answer to my problem was in strict handling of my Firewall. My resolution was to go to Internet Options and click on the Connection Tab. Near the bottom is a button called LAN settings. This is generally left empty or blank. In my case VP was either assigning a new one or making it try to auto-detect..... ? I am not sure. For shits and giggles check that. It should be unselected. Give that a whirl and see if it helps. It may not be the issue but you never know. Your case sounds familiar to mine.
That's not a bad idea Lizard.

• Information