I have a feeling...

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
TheMiles

11 Dec 2015

...that Propellerhead has something big up in their sleeve. My bet would be a new combinator!

What do you think ? Am I talking bullshit or can we expect something geoundbreaking ?

esselfortium

11 Dec 2015

I want some of what you're having!

(Yes please!)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

motuscott

11 Dec 2015

I have a feeling too but I have a doctor's appointment next week and I'll have her check it out.
Good luck with yours
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

CharlyCharlzz

11 Dec 2015

well Props did add to the combi two slots of programing two years ago , they maybe dont realise how big is the combi to peoples who like the concept .
now with RE's there is so much we could do with a mega combi IMHO
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Last Alternative

12 Dec 2015

And I have a feeling IF that was the case, that's all the upgrade will be.. oh and maybe a bug fix. lol
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Tumble

13 Dec 2015

eh, probably just going to be Neptune 2 and extra collaboration features for Discover.

TheMiles

13 Dec 2015

The Pheads stated that the Reason 8 upgrade was one of the most successful in their history. Also Re's are selling well and every RE sold fills up the Phead's war chest. They have not released something meaningful for quite some time now - with the exception of the new convolution feature. This made me believe they are working on something big, maybe a new SDK (one that allows sampling maybe), maybe a new sampler, maybe something else. IMHO this would be the right thing to do if I was in their place as the mood of the community is becoming more and more uneasy. A big upgrade would renew the trust the community has in the PHeads showing everybody that the game is not over yet.

I know this is a lot of speculation and maybe a lot of whishfull thinking too.

gak

14 Dec 2015

TheMiles wrote:The Pheads stated that the Reason 8 upgrade was one of the most successful in their history. Also Re's are selling well and every RE sold fills up the Phead's war chest. They have not released something meaningful for quite some time now - with the exception of the new convolution feature. This made me believe they are working on something big, maybe a new SDK (one that allows sampling maybe), maybe a new sampler, maybe something else. IMHO this would be the right thing to do if I was in their place as the mood of the community is becoming more and more uneasy. A big upgrade would renew the trust the community has in the PHeads showing everybody that the game is not over yet.
I dunno dude :lol:

I've been onboard since Jan. In that time, there have been a shitload of updates, featues and we know they are still working hard on it (though it's actually been some time since "8.4" was mentioned)

But, the people that moan are still moaning. My only concern is for peeps with auth issues. That's intolerable and it's not the reason way. I'm not talking about the "what if we removed the authorizer" moan, I'm talking about some peeps recently who are obviously fans of reason and can't get the authorizer to work :x . THAT sucks ass.

To that, the site had a rather painfull boo-boo about two weeks ago (BF) and I wonder if it's related.

jappe

14 Dec 2015

TheMiles wrote:...that Propellerhead has something big up in their sleeve. My bet would be a new combinator!

What do you think ? Am I talking bullshit or can we expect something geoundbreaking ?
My guess is that they will merge with some company, and Reason will have some interesting integration with that companies product(s).
Facebook? :puf_bigsmile:

But some serious waveform editing integrated with Reason would be awesome, Adobe+Props?
Or frequency domain editing: Celemony+Prop's?
My favorite would be Adobe+Celemony+Prop's, then I wouldn't have to switch between these programs all the time :puf_bigsmile:

gak

14 Dec 2015

As god as my witness, that will never happen. Props do not want integration with ANY other company.

Resonator

14 Dec 2015

TheMiles wrote:...that Propellerhead has something big up in their sleeve. My bet would be a new combinator!

Well, they're overdue for something of that caliber. But I'm not holding my breath after being underwhelmed by R8, Discover, Figure, and Take. Even if they don't have anything good planned for R8.5, I still wouldn't be surprised. But if they updated Thor for iPad with MIDI clock sync or made a ReDrum or Kong for iPad, I'd be really amazed. However, I'm sure I won't see any of that happen.

pushedbutton

20 Dec 2015

I have a feeling that Propellerheads will give us all something we've not even realised we've needed, like, for example:
a) Fruityloops Dancer HD
b) Singstar Mode
c) Jedi Mind Control
d) 3D VR interface
e) DMX512 interface
f) ReBirth 2
g) Meloneptune
h) full screen devices
i) binaural processing
j) 'Vision': Video addon for Reason
k) Devices get Left and Right sides
l) Multicoloured multichannel EQ display
m) Audio theory display mode
o) All the devices get 'II' after their name,
p) Essentially the same software branded as 'Reason X'
q) Blocks³
r) Combinombinator
s) Achievements/Trophies
t) Toolbar and device skins
u) Remote Editor App
v) That erm Triggering thing people go on about
w) Celebrity endorsement by Pitbull and Ke$$ha
x) A propitiatory 3D camera that is essential for the use of certain key functions.
y) Artificial Intelligence
z) More buttons.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Resonator

20 Dec 2015

lol

kitekrazy

21 Dec 2015

pushedbutton wrote:I have a feeling that Propellerheads will give us all something we've not even realised we've needed, like, for example:
a) Fruityloops Dancer HD
b) Singstar Mode
c) Jedi Mind Control
d) 3D VR interface
e) DMX512 interface
f) ReBirth 2
g) Meloneptune
h) full screen devices
i) binaural processing
q) Blocks³
r) Combinombinator
s) Achievements/Trophies
u) Remote Editor App
x) A propitiatory 3D camera that is essential for the use of certain key functions.
z) More buttons.
Post of the week!

jfrichards

21 Dec 2015

pushedbutton wrote:I have a feeling that Propellerheads will give us all something we've not even realised we've needed, like, for example:
a) Fruityloops Dancer HD
b) Singstar Mode
c) Jedi Mind Control
d) 3D VR interface
e) DMX512 interface
f) ReBirth 2
g) Meloneptune
h) full screen devices
i) binaural processing
q) Blocks³
r) Combinombinator
s) Achievements/Trophies
u) Remote Editor App
z) More buttons.
Without n) I'm staying on 7.1

moneykube

21 Dec 2015

troy from Startrek... also had feelings,,,, but... I dislike her character,,, too many feelings... but I do have a feeling... spider senses are tingling....
I will also stay with 7.2 as long as possible
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gak

21 Dec 2015

I welcome any and all version users. I don't have version "bias" :mrgreen:

chk071

21 Dec 2015

moneykube wrote:troy from Startrek...
I recently (well, about a year ago or so) found out that her actual name is Troi, and her first name is Deanna, to add to the confusion. :) Agree on her character though. :D
:reason: :rebirth:

gak

21 Dec 2015

chk071 wrote:
moneykube wrote:troy from Startrek...
I recently (well, about a year ago or so) found out that her actual name is Troi, and her first name is Deanna, to add to the confusion. :) Agree on her character though. :D
loved her.

craven

22 Dec 2015

gak wrote:As god as my witness, that will never happen. Props do not want integration with ANY other company.
that's what I though as well, but they do collaborations e.g. have a look at the UJAM thread - and what is that talk about UJAM's IDT engine? Are they behind the IDT? Together with Propellerhead? Then more collaborations of this kind are possible.
:ugeek:

pushedbutton

22 Dec 2015

jfrichards wrote:
Without n) I'm staying on 7.1
n) Stickers.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gak

22 Dec 2015

I have a feeling I'm allergic to tomato sauce. Seriously.

SoundStruggler

24 Dec 2015

I got a feeling! :-D

It's such a nostalgic trip to the 90's. :-)

satyr32

26 Dec 2015

I have a friend that has a friend that works as freelancer at Elektron. There were rumors some weeks ago that the Props team up with Elektron and they want to release a Supercombinator as actual hardware device. In Elektrons latest newsletter they had a teaser campagin about the upcoming device.

The best thing is that the device has a USB slot that can be used for authorization with Reasons Ignition Key, so you save a USB slot on your computer for other things. The supercombinator can also be used as dedicated Midi Controller, not for all Rack Extensions but for e.g. the award-winning synth "wbl5515" and even some of the newest REs like "TMA-9 Comentator" and "TMA-1 Commentator" are supported. In the Beta OS not "TMA-4 Commentator" though. The first 250 customers that order get 8 brand new carfully selected colors for their track color palette in Reason.

2016 will be amazing.
Attachments
screenshot_elektron.jpg
screenshot_elektron.jpg (883.58 KiB) Viewed 1433 times
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

gak

26 Dec 2015

This thread is about to explode! :lol:

• Information