Reason & Church Worship

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
QVprod

05 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:What's the Rex Clip launcher called?
If that Abletonizes Reason that'd be amazing.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... er-module/

CharlyCharlzz

05 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:I like a real acoustic Organ played in a nice Church but talent and Reason can make great things .

Music and religions is something that been around before we even thinked to put words on stones.
I wonder if there are any really good trad church pipe-organ refills? Or Black Gospel organ refills?

this one is good but only got the cathdral Pipe organ in the all bundle https://www.sonicreality.com/sounds/mir ... /2124.html

maybe ask JP if he got Church Organs in his RE or if there is any in his refills ?!?!

he should pass by reasontalk from time to time i guess
http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/jp_re/re_index.html
http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/organs.html
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

QVprod wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:What's the Rex Clip launcher called?
If that Abletonizes Reason that'd be amazing.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... er-module/
That is amazing!!!!!! Thankyou!!
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:I like a real acoustic Organ played in a nice Church but talent and Reason can make great things .

Music and religions is something that been around before we even thinked to put words on stones.
I wonder if there are any really good trad church pipe-organ refills? Or Black Gospel organ refills?

this one is good but only got the cathdral Pipe organ in the all bundle https://www.sonicreality.com/sounds/mir ... /2124.html

maybe ask JP if he got Church Organs in his RE or if there is any in his refills ?!?!

he should pass by reasontalk from time to time i guess
http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/jp_re/re_index.html
http://www.jiggery-pokery.com/organs.html
Thanks!!

decibel

05 Jul 2015

i think admin should ban religious iconography and themed posts here, its a music forum and not everybody loves or has had positive experiences with organized religion,,

i wonder if it would be ok to discuss satan worshiping music here also :) lol

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:i think admin should ban religious iconography and themed posts here, its a music forum and not everybody loves or has had positive experiences with organized religion,,

Sorry that church music offends you!
I don't mean to offend. Just looking to exchange info/tips with folks who use Reason in church services. Have a beautiful night.

decibel

06 Jul 2015

your religious flag waving may be offensive to some people, but your probably not concerned about other peoples feelings anyway right ?

i personally think religion and politics have no place in this kind of forum

in my country at this very moment a so called god loving man is prime minister and he has just created laws that will protect pedophiles and child abusers and punish those who report them,, if thats not satanic i dont know what is ?

QVprod

06 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:i think admin should ban religious iconography and themed posts here, its a music forum and not everybody loves or has had positive experiences with organized religion,,

No it shouldn't be banned. The thread is about using Reason as a performance tool in a particular context. Completely valid. It's no different than someone asking about performing with Reason in a club, else one could say " not everybody loves or has had positive experiences with clubs".

And if you want to discuss Satan worshipping music as far as how to use Reason in that context; go for it. Sensible people who aren't into that will simply just stay out of it. Simple :puf_smile:

Now if the post was discussing the theology of church that would be different.

decibel

06 Jul 2015

i hear what you saying, its just the avatars, sigs i find offensive, what if i attached a nazi or confederate flag as my sig, im sure more then a few people would take offence ?
Last edited by decibel on 06 Jul 2015, edited 1 time in total.

Theo.M

06 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:i hear what you saying, its just the avatars, sigs i find offensive

political or religious avatars and signatures should not be allowed in any way shape or form, I am with you on that.

decibel

06 Jul 2015

i might make this my new sig :) lol
Attachments
00 new.png
00 new.png (407.35 KiB) Viewed 1809 times

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:i might make this my new sig :) lol
You can choose to be offended at anything though. Similar to your amalgamation, the Australian flag has the Christian crosses of St George & St Andrew in it, and the St George cross has been used by right wing British racists just as the Swastika was.

I repeat, I'm sorry if who I am offends you. Of course I care about people's feelings, but I can't control your response.

I have plenty of opinions on what evil your country is doing re. what you posted, but they want political discussion kept off the forum so I'll refrain from expressing them here.

Have a beautiful day.

Peace & love to you.

forensickbeats

06 Jul 2015

Let`s get really offensive here...

P.S. US citizen would get this... You have extremely "relevant and important " topics looping in your media :lol:

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

I don't understand the problem here. I shrunk my signature as requested. It's a simple statement of my faith, the fundamental part of who I am. My sig or avatar haven't been used to enslave people, and in fact have given hope to slaves & the oppressed. The Charleston victims were Christians praying in a church. Why would you equate a flag that seeks to oppress those Christian brethren with ideas that give us hope?

Keep calm, God is in control, Jesus Christ is Lord. Two ideas that helped the Charleston Christians' families to forgive Dylann Roof.
Don't take that hope from people man.

Theo.M

06 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:I don't understand the problem here.
easy:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:Keep calm, God is in control, Jesus Christ is Lord. Two ideas that helped the Charleston Christians' families to forgive Dylann Roof.
That sort of chat simply does not belong here, we have tried to explain it to you, and i know at least for myself I have tried to be extremely polite about it and help you understand.

I also disagree however with some of the OTT retaliatory reactions we are seeing.

Hey, I am a believer myself.. we can talk about it if you want in private.. it has to stay away from a music forum, as it just has no place and ALWAYS causes problems. Can't you at least see, even if you don't agree about whether this talk should be allowed or not, that a problem has already started at these forums since the move, and unnecessary friction, because of your actions? I can tell you the majority of the people want you to remove the sig pic and stop preaching (you are doing it passive aggressively, making sure you take a chance whenever you can). And me using icons existing AT this website is absolutely not the same thing at all, so don't even try that like you did in the other topic.

forensickbeats

06 Jul 2015

Just to clear the racist implications up - this is a flag of the south Dixie land, it has never been used in a war (in that exact form) , it caused no problems until recently and some dumbshits may want to use it as a racist emblem -that`s their problem.

Every symbol can be used by nasty guys to justify their stupid ends (ask what mr Salahuddin Al Ayyubi was dealing with), thats why tossing images around is stupid.

:)

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:Keep calm, God is in control, Jesus Christ is Lord. Two ideas that helped the Charleston Christians' families to forgive Dylann Roof.
That sort of chat simply does not belong here, we have tried to explain it to you, and i know at least for myself I have tried to be extremely polite about it and help you understand.
I posted my explanation AFTER a Confederate flag was posted. My explanation doesn't explain why a Confederate flag was posted.

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

QVprod wrote:

No it shouldn't be banned. The thread is about using Reason as a performance tool in a particular context. Completely valid. It's no different than someone asking about performing with Reason in a club, else one could say " not everybody loves or has had positive experiences with clubs".

And if you want to discuss Satan worshipping music as far as how to use Reason in that context; go for it. Sensible people who aren't into that will simply just stay out of it. Simple :puf_smile:

Now if the post was discussing the theology of church that would be different.
+1

Why is everyone taking this thread off topic?
I just wanted to chat with people using Reason in their church services. We had a keyboardist using it for sounds. I know a guy who was triggering vocals in Redrum. I'd like to discover different uses for Reason in worship.
The Rex trigger RE is a fantastic discovery for example, thankyou!
Could we please get back to the topic?

Thanks

forensickbeats

06 Jul 2015

I think Ableton Live is better for live performances, but if you insist on Reason usage:

http://reasonfordummies.blogspot.com/20 ... eason.html

(ain`t tryin to spam here)

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

forensickbeats wrote:I think Ableton Live is better for live performances, but if you insist on Reason usage:
Well... In my humble opinion, Reason's softsynths sound better than Ableton's. So that's one Reason to stick with Reason.

Kenni
Site Admin

06 Jul 2015

The following is from the Forum rules and guidelines:
When you use these forums, please leave your politics and religion at the door. Everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, but these forums are for fun, social contact, and to talk about Reason. Discussions can get heated at any moment; politics and religion are two topics that will quickly send a thread down in flames. This also includes political and religious imagery in player signature art, links to political groups and websites and links to religious groups, churches and websites. Political and religious music in the music forum is acceptable but these threads may be locked if they lead to flaming, so if you don't agree with somebody's views please at least respect them and their music and avoid instigating a fight.
There's a fair bit of reports about the religious nature of some of your posts. Freedom of religion and Free speech are respected concepts, but please keep in mind that being privileged comes with responsibilities.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

SoulState

06 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote: I wonder if there are any really good trad church pipe-organ refills? Or Black Gospel organ refills?
Black Gospel organ refills! WFT!!
You're beginning get on my nerves with your religious proclamations and now casual racism!

ReasonTalk has developed into a cool place to hangout and talk Reason. Most of us try to keep it that way. We don't need Political or religious posts here. Your presence is beginning to cause friction and irritate.

You've only been here a couple of days and already you're causing problems and making the forum uncomfortable for people who don't want to know about your religious views every time they visit the site.

Well done you've made a good start... Now please choose your exit.
:reason:

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

SoulState wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote: I wonder if there are any really good trad church pipe-organ refills? Or Black Gospel organ refills?
You're beginning get on my nerves with your religious proclamations and now casual racism.
How am I being racist? Sorry? :-(
The organ-playing in Black churches is of a unique style. How else would you describe it?

"Gospel" could include very white, very square organ playing. I'd want Black Gospel playing: full of soul, highly technically skilled, improvised style, stabs, runs, energy. You could have a Caucasian player playing Black Gospel Organ. It's got nothing to do with race, but cultural choices. I have a number of Black organist friends who absolutely tear it up in that style, one of whom uses Reason 5 live! :-)

JesusChristIsLord

06 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:The following is from the Forum rules and guidelines:
When you use these forums, please leave your politics and religion at the door. Everyone is entitled to their views and opinions, but these forums are for fun, social contact, and to talk about Reason. Discussions can get heated at any moment; politics and religion are two topics that will quickly send a thread down in flames. This also includes political and religious imagery in player signature art, links to political groups and websites and links to religious groups, churches and websites. Political and religious music in the music forum is acceptable but these threads may be locked if they lead to flaming, so if you don't agree with somebody's views please at least respect them and their music and avoid instigating a fight.
There's a fair bit of reports about the religious nature of some of your posts. Freedom of religion and Free speech are respected concepts, but please keep in mind that being privileged comes with responsibilities.
Sorry! I didn't see that in the ToS I signed on sign-up. I'll be more careful. Thanks!

QVprod

06 Jul 2015

SoulState wrote:
You're beginning get on my nerves with your religious proclamations and now casual racism!
Ok people are really taking this way too seriously. Simple enough to just respond to the topic no?

And saying "Black Gospel" isn't racist. It's an actual sub-genre of christian music otherwise referred to as Urban Contemporary Gospel. He's referring to a Hammond B3 organ and probably didn't know what it was called. The B3 is characteristic of Black Gospel and not very prominent in other Christain music sub-genres

• Information