Reason & Church Worship

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
JesusChristIsLord

04 Jul 2015

Anyone using Reason in church services?
Wondering what sort of setup if so, and what sort of worship style Reason might best be used for: Structured liturgical vs spontaneous Charismatic etc.
Thoughts anyone?
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

JesusChristIsLord

04 Jul 2015

Thanks Craven. I need help with using Reason for worship, so that reply is not what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. Sorry if who I am offends you. Peace & love to you.

QVprod

05 Jul 2015

Using Reason in Church (for keyboard sounds I'm assuming) is no different than using it in any other performance context. (I do both secular and church) Here's a video that shows two ways of how to set it up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0kB-i280Ik

craven

05 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:Thanks Craven. I need help with using Reason for worship, so that reply is not what I was looking for, but thanks anyway. Sorry if who I am offends you. Peace & love to you.
I was just informing you that this signature of yours might create problems here. But I deleted my comment almost immediately since I don't really care ;)
Also I thought that you might troll with this question as I don't see what you are getting at. We had quite some trolls over the years, and your posts look suspicious to say the least.

If you really need help, get rid of that signature first ;) Edit: or make it much smaller, please
:ugeek:

zeebot

05 Jul 2015

Yeah please drop the massive signature. I'm all for religious freedom (apart from scientology of course) but I'm not really into having it shoved down my eyeballs on a music software forum. I had enough indoctrination as a child thanks.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

forensickbeats

05 Jul 2015

Maaan.... We worshipin the devil here. Reason logo is havin 3 cubes with six sides each - 666 and it is formed like the eye on the 1 dollar bill.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/19 ... /Devil.gif

P.S. Freelancer offers many jobs of low payed forum posting propaganda. Let the guy say how much time he needs the message to stay on before he gets his check, and then the admins may remove the spam if pissed off...

Kazz

05 Jul 2015

What would Jesus do? Probably not post an enormous image that don't even have anything to do with the forum's subject in his signature. ;)

I don't think anyone is really bothered by you posting questions about using Reason in church, but your choice of username combined with the avatar and the signature image...it seems like you're picking a fight here. In the old forum, we stayed away from religion and politics, and we got along a lot better for it. Please consider that and help us to keep this forum a peaceful and friendly place for everyone? :puf_bigsmile:

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

Thanks for the feedback guys!
Anyone with thoughts on the OP?
Worship can be very different to regular gigs with unique demands, depending on the service style. Wondering how people are incorporating it.

Puckboy2000

05 Jul 2015

I am confused by your question. Every Christian Church I've attended uses live instruments and a sound board/engineer. Where is your church and what is your scope of participation? What is your denomination ? What instrument do you play?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:I am confused by your question. Every Christian Church I've attended uses live instruments and a sound board/engineer. Where is your church and what is your scope of participation? What is your denomination ? What instrument do you play?
Well this morning we didn't have a drummer, so Reason could have been awesome. It's cheaper to use Reason soft-synths than buy amazing keyboards too. Or you could trigger harmonies or use a harmonizer. Or play to tracks if you're the only musician. I'm just wondering if folks are using it & how.

Puckboy2000

05 Jul 2015

Well, if you are lacking a drummer, you would probably want to audio bounce different drum tracks as each would be a different tempo, and fade them together as a set. Then bounce the entire song file for your sound engineer to cue and play as needed. My church band plays a 5-8 song set before the sermon and one closing song at the end. If you are playing live synth, just open up one song file, have all your instruments top to bottom lined up in the song set order and switch midi for easy song.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

phasys

05 Jul 2015

I knew this would happen. Religious freaks always have to shove their opinion in your face. Literally.

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:Well, if you are lacking a drummer, you would probably want to audio bounce different drum tracks as each would be a different tempo, and fade them together as a set. Then bounce the entire song file for your sound engineer to cue and play as needed. My church band plays a 5-8 song set before the sermon and one closing song at the end. If you are playing live synth, just open up one song file, have all your instruments top to bottom lined up in the song set order and switch midi for easy song.
But what if the leader calls different sections and it's fairly improvised? The stereo stems would work if song form is set. But if not, it'd be great to be able to change it up and even drop instruments out, like having solo kick drum, or filters.

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

phasys wrote:I knew this would happen. Religious freaks always have to shove their opinion in your face. Literally.
Have a beautiful day phasys. Hope things are awesome for you. :-)

Puckboy2000

05 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:
Puckboy2000 wrote:Well, if you are lacking a drummer, you would probably want to audio bounce different drum tracks as each would be a different tempo, and fade them together as a set. Then bounce the entire song file for your sound engineer to cue and play as needed. My church band plays a 5-8 song set before the sermon and one closing song at the end. If you are playing live synth, just open up one song file, have all your instruments top to bottom lined up in the song set order and switch midi for easy song.
But what if the leader calls different sections and it's fairly improvised? The stereo stems would work if song form is set. But if not, it'd be great to be able to change it up and even drop instruments out, like having solo kick drum, or filters.

Then you are screwed

Puckboy2000

05 Jul 2015

Definitely a troll

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

Puckboy2000 wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:

Then you are screwed
Surely not. Really? There's no way?

QVprod

05 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:

You're better off using Ableton Live for this. Reason is fine for the sounds but for triggering loops/backing tracks, musicians in both Gospel and CCM based churches use Ableton Live.

Here's an example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABJyFoo ... XT&index=9

Theo.M

05 Jul 2015

QVprod wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:

You're better off using Ableton Live for this. Reason is fine for the sounds but for triggering loops/backing tracks, musicians in both Gospel and CCM based churches use Ableton Live.

what about that rex clip multi launcher Re for $15.. would that be of any use in this scenario? (i have no idea as I have never used live's launch feature or any such feature or plugin in any daw, and tbh i have no idea what it even does, but i remember some talk that this was the best way to do something of the sort in reason).

Ostermilk

05 Jul 2015

Overlooking the fact the thread title is an oxymoron, I'll bite. I'm pretty sure music software is non-demoninational. Add to that the fact the word 'church' applied to physical building can mean anything from a small room to a cathedral, likewise the range of music activities in a worship setting are equally diverse so I guess you'd need to be more specific about your actual requirements and choose your software based on those requirements.

The question as posed does not offer anyone a chance of providing a sensible solution to your requirements despite the fact that a few good natured and valiant members have attempted to answer the question with a degree of seriousness.

Courtesy alone should have brought about a better thought out question that outlined some of what your requirements are and perhaps some of the problems you face with your current setup. Or was it that you just wanted to take up peoples valuable time with merely a vain need to let them know you are here?

I know of a good Christian who led by example rather than trying to make a name for Himself. If you want what he had, do what he did i.e follow him rather than just show off your badge like it means something!

Bless you and have a great day on your long journey.

forensickbeats

05 Jul 2015

Reminds me of a beat I was making named "Paranoia h8n" which originally had a thor patch pad which sounded like the format filter says "Allah". That, combined with a bell sample, combined with the name would have made some unintentional subliminal shit - glad I spotted it on time and made the edits.

t should be all about the music and non of that religious/political shit

QVprod

05 Jul 2015

Theo.M wrote:
QVprod wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:

what about that rex clip multi launcher Re for $15.. would that be of any use in this scenario? (i have no idea as I have never used live's launch feature or any such feature or plugin in any daw, and tbh i have no idea what it even does, but i remember some talk that this was the best way to do something of the sort in reason).
It could work as that's it's intended purpose I believe, but you'd have to spend time converting stems to Rex files and importing into the multiple Rex players. Live is a bit more straightforward and flexible.

CharlyCharlzz

05 Jul 2015

I like a real acoustic Organ played in a nice Church but talent and Reason can make great things .

Music and religions is something that been around before we even thinked to put words on stones.
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

What's the Rex Clip launcher called?
If that Abletonizes Reason that'd be amazing.

JesusChristIsLord

05 Jul 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:I like a real acoustic Organ played in a nice Church but talent and Reason can make great things .

Music and religions is something that been around before we even thinked to put words on stones.
I wonder if there are any really good trad church pipe-organ refills? Or Black Gospel organ refills?

• Information