What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Zac

17 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
13 May 2019
EnochLight wrote:
12 May 2019
Game of Thrones: S8 E5 tonight! I suspect we're going to see at least a few heads roll, but whether or not one is Cersei's or Danny's, it's anyone's guess!
Holy crap... so "The Bells" did NOT go how I thought it would go. Varys: dead. Arya did NOT kill Cersei (or Jaime). We finally got Cleganebowl, and that went down how I pretty much figured it would. I knew Danny would go full "Mad Queen", but holy SHIT... there's literally nothing left of King's Landing at this point. What exactly is she planning to rule, now?
It really had me thinking what the finale will be.

Thinking of the main characters, and assuming cersei and Jaime died in that rock fall...

That leaves Tyrion, Sansa, Arya, Jon and the new mad Queen.

So who kills who? And who is left standing?

My guess is Sansa ends up queen by default. With Tyrion her hand and 'king'.

Reasonable man

17 May 2019

I'm rewatching The Wire . The Ziggy character from season two though is the Jar Jar Binks of the shows leagacy .......he ruins an entire season all by himself...some man for one man.
Everything else is great.

Zac

17 May 2019

Reasonable man wrote:
17 May 2019
I'm rewatching The Wire . The Ziggy character from season two though is the Jar Jar Binks of the shows leagacy .......he ruins an entire season all by himself...some man for one man.
I've rewatched the wire multiple times and always skipped season 2. It was shite. I think the hardest hitting is season 4 but it doesn't really get resolved until the political season 5 which i always thought would be lacklustre without that continuation so they did the right thing i guess. I love it at the end when he exits a business meeting akin to the barksdale saga but just murders for the sake of it . Brutal.

Creativemind

17 May 2019

Right at this moment, Jack Whitehall hosting the Graham Norton Show and Sam Fender has just performed Hypersonic Missiles.

:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EnochLight

20 May 2019

IMG_4266.jpg
IMG_4266.jpg (263.67 KiB) Viewed 1181 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

4filegate

20 May 2019

reggie1979

20 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
20 May 2019
IMG_4266.jpg
:lol:

I've never seen it (not my thing) but I've heard nothing but ragging today about it.

Zac

20 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
20 May 2019
IMG_4266.jpg
:lol:

I wasn't a million miles away with my guess ;)

Slightly tame ending I guess but I still enjoyed it. There's no easy way to end these things, it's all about the journey.

Zac

21 May 2019

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48280752

The bit about the upcoming prequel being based 5000 yrs before G.O.T made me laugh. A whole species of hominid was out bred in about that time scale let alone individual family histories.

EnochLight

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
21 May 2019

The bit about the upcoming prequel being based 5000 yrs before G.O.T made me laugh. A whole species of hominid was out bred in about that time scale let alone individual family histories.
You're questioning the flow of timescales... in a fictional show about dragons and magic zombies? :lol:

But to be far, if using human history as a metric, there was a lot of stuff going on in 3000 BCE that affected human history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30th_century_BC#Events

And if we use medieval Europe as the metric (around the year 999 CE), then we're looking at 4000 BCE, which had just as much stuff going on that shaped us today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_millennium_BC#Culture
Last edited by EnochLight on 21 May 2019, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Zac

21 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
21 May 2019
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019

You're questioning the flow of timescales... in a fictional show about dragons and magic zombies? :lol:
Yeah I blinking am. I can live with flying dragons that are biomechanically preposterous. Even live with magic zombies that seem to decide where and when they infect their victims to join them.

But family histories that survive 5000 years? No, that's where I draw the line.

I'll still watch it, mind.

EnochLight

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
But family histories that survive 5000 years? No, that's where I draw the line.
I suppose one has to assume that in this "world", family histories - ergo the "stories" that are made to be so important in the GOT finale - are a deeper part of the human culture in this fictional world than IRL. I mean, I guess we have to at this point. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zac

21 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
21 May 2019
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019

But to be far, if using human history as a metric, there was a lot of stuff going on in 3000 BCE that affected human history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30th_century_BC#Events

And if we use medieval Europe as the metric (around the year 999 CE), then we're looking at 4000 BCE, which had just as much stuff going on that shaped us today:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4th_millennium_BC#Culture
Not sure why you edited your post to add some serious stuff n links? I was being very light hearted i thought? My drunken history does go against me though so I'll let you off the hook for getting a little prickly. I like you really Dylan, i just can't help trying to reign you in a little when i think you take yourself a bit too seriously.

I guess it won't mean the same to me as you as it's my country but as i once suggested, try watching some Time Team (featuring Baldrick from Black Adder in a serious presenter role) from UK Channel 4. One of my favourite programmes ever. Great fun and great archeology. Plus it has the young (not then, professor of archeology) Alice Roberts.

Anyhoo, I've rambled on enough :)

EnochLight

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
Not sure why you edited your post to add some serious stuff n links? I was being very light hearted i thought?
Oh good lord - I was being just as light hearted I thought? It's always fun to throw in a little levity when discussing ice dragons and zombies.
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
My drunken history does go against me though so I'll let you off the hook for getting a little prickly. I like you really Dylan, i just can't help trying to reign you in a little when i think you take yourself a bit too seriously.
Aw shucks, now I'm blushing. We've all had our turn at drunk posts, trust me. One could spend a career reigning people in we think are too prickly. ;) :lol:
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
I guess it won't mean the same to me as you as it's my country but as i once suggested, try watching some Time Team (featuring Baldrick from Black Adder in a serious presenter role) from UK Channel 4. One of my favourite programmes ever. Great fun and great archeology. Plus it has the young (not then, professor of archeology) Alice Roberts.

If it's available via any (ahem) "channels", I'll see if I can pull it up. I'm always game for science! Thanks for the recommend.

Zac

21 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
21 May 2019
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
Not sure why you edited your post to add some serious stuff n links? I was being very light hearted i thought?
Oh good lord - I was being just as light hearted I thought? It's always fun to throw in a little levity when discussing ice dragons and zombies.
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
My drunken history does go against me though so I'll let you off the hook for getting a little prickly. I like you really Dylan, i just can't help trying to reign you in a little when i think you take yourself a bit too seriously.
Aw shucks, now I'm blushing. We've all had our turn at drunk posts, trust me. One could spend a career reigning people in we think are too prickly. ;) :lol:
Zac wrote:
21 May 2019

If it's available via any (ahem) "channels", I'll see if I can pull it up. I'm always game for science! Thanks for the recommend.
Oh, okay. I do interpret things my own inimitable way. Bless you.

motuscott

21 May 2019

All of Tony Robinson's history shows are great. He's great (and I'm just barely familiar with Black Adder).
Worst jobs in history is just grand.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Zac

21 May 2019

motuscott wrote:
21 May 2019

All of Tony Robinson's history shows are great. He's great (and I'm just barely familiar with Black Adder).
Worst jobs in history is just grand.
I haven't seen worst jobs in history... thanks. Blackadder s2 to 4 should be curriculum in schools i think.... maybe.

Zac

21 May 2019

Oh and thanks motu.

Zac

21 May 2019

Blessed be the aware.

Zac

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
Blessed be the aware.
That sounded kinda count.

Thanks to you on the other end of the line.... nty, nty, nty... no, not that line.... thanks, nks, nks, nks!

EnochLight

21 May 2019

Ugh... I didn't realize this show came out in the early 80's. Does it age well? My production standards are embarrassingly high these days, and quite unforgiving.

Zac

21 May 2019

EnochLight wrote:
21 May 2019
Ugh... I didn't realize this show came out in the early 80's. Does it age well? My production standards are embarrassingly high these days, and quite unforgiving.
Nker, nker...

Zac

21 May 2019

It helps that you play along Dy.

Anyway I'm about out of motivation.

You'll never be that to me.

I only know what think because you sometimes my thing

Reasonable man

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
17 May 2019
Reasonable man wrote:
17 May 2019
I've rewatched the wire multiple times and always skipped season 2. It was shite. I think the hardest hitting is season 4 but it doesn't really get resolved until the political season 5 which i always thought would be lacklustre without that continuation so they did the right thing i guess. I love it at the end when he exits a business meeting akin to the barksdale saga but just murders for the sake of it . Brutal.
Yer i just finished it again. Alot of life lessons in it ..like the whole chain of command theme and about a dozen others.
Fave characters
1/ McNulty
2/ Clay davis
3/ Stringer Bell

I have to say Dominic West and idris elba's american accents seemed pretty flawless to me . Not entirley conviced with Aiden Gillen's attempt at an american accent but the acting in the entire show is immense especially from all the kids.
Why i like the clay davis charcter despite him being in only about 10 scences is that no matter what scence he's in or with who.... he steals it ha ha ..greatest tv conman ever made!

EnochLight

21 May 2019

Zac wrote:
21 May 2019
It helps that you play along Dy.

Anyway I'm about out of motivation.

You'll never be that to me.

I only know what think because you sometimes my thing
What in the sheeeeeeit are you drinking? :lol:

• Information