What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
dhruan

09 Jun 2015

Netflix's Sense8 was awesome...
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Theo.M

11 Jun 2015

dhruan wrote:Netflix's Sense8 was awesome...

Hated the first episode, watched the second which was better, then watched the rest in a row and didn't sleep all night. Just got better and better. The only thing I didn't like in the latter episodes was the "orgy", i found it a bit gross, but I know the symbolism they were going for in how they were all connected and how a sense8 love is like a deep primal transcendent love.
But i still thought it was gross lol.

My favourite 2 episodes were the last 2 as it picked up intensity, as it was kind of slow going there for a while. But acting across the board was excellent and it was an extremely intense show especially the orchestra scene.. ahem... very different and unique show in every respect.

The original matrix movie is still the best thing those brothers have ever done though (IMO).

Puckboy2000

12 Jun 2015

Ostermilk wrote:Oh man, after reading this thread I've concluded that I really need to stay in more.
I love the profile picture. Is that Andy Cap? I remember the comic strip in the old LA Herald newspaper Talk about a flash back. Took me back almost 30 years!!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

gak

12 Jun 2015

"guardians of galaxy" ...... OMG, third time, just love it. I'm in love with Rocket. No, promise I'm not a furry........

Tincture

12 Jun 2015

I'm sure you'll all be aware that England made a very valiant reply to New Zealand's amazing 398 ;) but more importantly those bravest and IMO the best skilled athletes of the TT broke the AVERAGE of 132 mph (miles) 5 times. I am unable to describe the bravery and skills of these guys. Not nutters, just a step above. Women should want these guys. Bastards.
Tincture wrote:Build up to the Isle of Man TT Races ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnMfy3m-JvY

Plus GOT, Vikings (I miss you) and looking forward to "listening" to the 2015 Ashes series :s0717:
submonsterz wrote:
Wonder how many die this year or get maimed at the tt lol . bunch of nutters if you ask me them lot are :) .

And Vikings back soon only thing I watched this year other than movies was all the Vikings series back to back :) .

CharlyCharlzz

22 Jun 2015

Black Matter anybody ? pretty much like a SG-U but I watched it having fun .
Waywardpines is cool but it's also a bit of a mix made from other stuff .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Theo.M

22 Jun 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote: Black Matter anybody ? pretty much like a SG-U but I watched it having fun .
i LOVE wayward pines even though i knew what it was about due to some douche at youtube spoiling it word for word lol.

Dark matter? Watched one episode and it may be interesting to see what comes of it but so far am disappointed especially with the acting.. couldn't care less for any of the characters from the first ep. The only redeeming feature is zoe palmer from lost girl but i must say she was a little wooden herself, hopefully it will get better.

CharlyCharlzz

23 Jun 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote: Black Matter anybody ? pretty much like a SG-U but I watched it having fun .
Theo.M wrote:
i LOVE wayward pines even though i knew what it was about due to some douche at youtube spoiling it word for word lol.

Dark matter? Watched one episode and it may be interesting to see what comes of it but so far am disappointed especially with the acting.. couldn't care less for any of the characters from the first ep. The only redeeming feature is zoe palmer from lost girl but i must say she was a little wooden herself, hopefully it will get better.
yhea black matter is a bit too much of a SG-U mixed with Firefly , Hallo and a few other failed sitcoms with bad acting LOL , but who knows what it will be like if it pass the first season .

WayWardPines may be super cool if they dont make it a super cheesy but at least the story got a core unlike Lost but it could turn real bad if they add Aliens or Vampires .
like I sayed my dream  sitcom would be Prometheus or something like that but I start to hate sitcoms that are more based on the carracters history and vision insted of a good 5 Season long Block buster Movie .
I also love criminal sitcoms too much like breaking bad or Dexter etc... and cheesy stuff like Monk but I really miss the A-team , twilight zone and MacGyver .

decibel

23 Jun 2015

true detective season 2 kicked this week off pretty strong, staring a few well known faces,  if its anything like the first season it will be not to miss

halt and catch fire, sillicon valley have been good so far

Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown season 5 just passed its 8th episode

a few new pilots have recently debuted but its too early to tell whether they are worth mentioning yet ?

breaking bad fans will be happy to know that the show is going to be revived, apparently walter lives :)

Lunesis

23 Jun 2015

Sorry db, Breaking Bad revival was a hoax...

http://www.snopes.com/media/notnews/breakingbad.asp

decibel

23 Jun 2015

oops, my bad, looks like i wasnt paying proper attention ;) it didnt surprise me though when i heard it announced though as it seems like a cash cow they probably were not ready to let die so soon ? i guess we will just have to settle for "better call saul" in the mean time :)

Theo.M

23 Jun 2015

So i finally finished the first two seasons of orphan black. And I see netflix doesn't have the third (well not here anyway) and it has definitely just finished playing.. I hope they get it soon as I read some major stuff happens and now I am left with a cliffhanger. GRRRR!

I like 10 episode seasons as I can marathon them in a day or two LOL. .. so come out already!

Damn that woman can act, and damn there is some impressive special fx to have them all in the same room together.. And Felix is just too campy funny.

it really is a must watch as the story is so unique and "untypical" and the entire cast is very strong. Well i haven't seen anything like it before anyway, but I could be wrong.

Ocean of Waves

23 Jun 2015

Finished season 3 a while ago, I thought this show just gets better, 3 was my favorite thus far.

Anyway, True Detective Season 2 started! Woooooo

pLansford

23 Jun 2015

I don't watch many movies or shows but I came down with a pretty bad hemorrhoid that left me on the couch for a couple weeks so I had nothing to do but binge watch.  I'm watching all of the X Files and currently wrapping up season 4.  I'm getting a new machine and secondary monitor this week so maybe I can get into having some shows playing in the background while I work.

The truth is out there.

CharlyCharlzz

24 Jun 2015

they going to re-activate x-files or that was a hoax too ?!!

pLansford

24 Jun 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:they going to re-activate x-files or that was a hoax too ?!!
As far as I know, they're doing a six episode event that will premiere next January.

gak

24 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:So i finally finished the first two seasons of orphan black. And I see netflix doesn't have the third (well not here anyway) and it has definitely just finished playing.. I hope they get it soon as I read some major stuff happens and now I am left with a cliffhanger. GRRRR!

I like 10 episode seasons as I can marathon them in a day or two LOL. .. so come out already!

Damn that woman can act, and damn there is some impressive special fx to have them all in the same room together.. And Felix is just too campy funny.

it really is a must watch as the story is so unique and "untypical" and the entire cast is very strong. Well i haven't seen anything like it before anyway, but I could be wrong.

I just finished season 3. All I'll say is ..... meh. We'll see if there is a season 4 or not.

gak

24 Jun 2015

Speaking of x files....I just started watching it from the beginning. One forgets just how good it was early on.

decibel

24 Jun 2015

watched first episode of wayward pines last night, was good enough to consider watching another episode :)

CharlyCharlzz

24 Jun 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:they going to re-activate x-files or that was a hoax too ?!!
pLansford wrote:
As far as I know, they're doing a six episode event that will premiere next January.
nice , X-Files was épic and I loved the way it was filmed .
cant wait for that to pop around :)

Silicon Valley ..... euh S2-ep10 ?!?! they stink to end up a season like this and they already lazy on what they give us .
was a super Fan until today because I aint going to wait every year for 10 épisodes of 20 minutes .
there is no special FX or anything that justificate such low rate of material being produced and I think they could do more then that  .
to say the truth I think it's funny but who is going to wait months for 2h30 of content , in the same format of 20 minutes others did way more épisodes like My Name is Earl .
they want us to Watch 4 or 5 sitcoms insted of fallowing only one and I aint a sheep .

decibel

24 Jun 2015

did anybody watch the first season of "last man on earth" wasnt too bad etc :)

gak

25 Jun 2015

"Mr Robot" with spoilers!

Highly anticipated for me. Loved "dig" with the exception of OBVIOUSLY tying up loose ends and making sure there was not a part two :frown:  

But anyways, first problem: He's a druggie (morphine) and sleeps with his dealer. He's in love with a dumb chick that is in big time debt. He's "just a tech" but gonna wipe here debt clean (yeah terrorists)

Then, he's introduced to the big-time hacking terrorists that recruit him, but instead of being against really evil corps, it's "evil corp" which doesn't seem to do much worse than the lifestyle they live (I know, really typical, eh? )

Many ciggies are smoked which talking about taking down "evil" empires (while they support the most evil empire on the planet) and that is pretty much where my bullshit-o-meter broke and I said "Nope"

I'm sure it will be a big hit (idiot sucking wads usually does) but I'm over it. And the BUG EYES....!

decibel

25 Jun 2015

looking forward to the season commencing, have high hopes for that show, i love how disfunctional he is ;)

CharlyCharlzz

25 Jun 2015

decibel wrote:did anybody watch the first season of "last man on earth" wasnt too bad etc :)

yhea it's épic , love this show but it could turn real bad !
I feel like I am him sometimes at various levels haha .
they sayed there will be a season two but I am sick of waiting a year for 10 épisodes of 20 minutes LOL

it's the type of show I wish started in september insted of feb and that last until july .

gak

28 Jun 2015

I like this "Killjoys" thing. Kinda Firefly meets Eureka meets Andromeda with just a dash of Guardians of the Galaxy.

• Information