What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Tincture

02 Jun 2015

Build up to the Isle of Man TT Races ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnMfy3m-JvY

Plus GOT, Vikings (I miss you) and looking forward to "listening" to the 2015 Ashes series :s0717:

jfrichards

02 Jun 2015

Just waiting for Saturday, Barcelona vs Juventus.  It might get a little messi.  For me, television died with Rubicon.

zeebot

02 Jun 2015

Julibee wrote:He needs Dragons.  I'm pretty sure that's where this is headed.  Also, pretty sure that Dany is his sister, but they'll get married anyway (Targaryens, duh) and rule the seven kingdoms together.

Not that she deserves him.
Never read the books so no idea wtf is going on but they could possibly be half brother/sister. Maybe sean bean was having happy times with the queen while the mad king went rambo?
They will definitely need the help of each other in future, he will need dragon glass and she has dragons. There is so much shit going down in this show.
I watched the last episode of season 4 with one of my friends around my place once and they were absolutely lost and I spend the entire episode explaining who each person was and a brief history of their story each time a new scene started. I also had to pause the show a few times when things needed explaining in more depth.
I am amazed at the production curve of the show too. Season 1 was a kind of pilot with low production values because they were not sure it would be successful.
Go back and watch an episode of season 1 and you will see that the amount of extras were pretty slim on the ground even during supposedly big fighting scenes.
Compare that to the last episode and the difference is remarkable. That was LOTR epic.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

gak

03 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:The Wire, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Deadwood, Underbelly (australian), The Fall, GOT

All great series, these are just off the top of my head. Personally I put The Wire above all of them, such a great show.
Clearly you support the idea that thug punks should get their way :rofl:

I'm watching orphan black (but missed a couple of episodes) and a lot of "treetop cat rescue with it is so cute, you'll be a in good mood all day. 

Theo.M

03 Jun 2015

jallen97 wrote:Ever since I finished Breaking Bad I've been looking for something even close to as good. I did have a nice little run on Netflix and Hulu with a few good shows in a row-The Killing, The Fall, Broadchurch, Wrong Mans, Lilyhammer...etc. I would finish one and Netflix or Hulu would suggest another one that looked good. But they seem to have dried up. I did start Orphn Black and need to catch up on that. Or I should just open up Reason and let the creative juices flow....
Better call Saul may be a good one for you as it's in the BB universe :)

Tatiana just astounds me with her acting skills in orphan.. i honestly forget every single episode that she is playing so many characters and I really do look and feel for them as entirely different people.. that's how effective she is. It's a very unique show i reckon and well worth catching up on. Has some really dark comedy moments too.

Theo.M

03 Jun 2015

jfrichards wrote:Just waiting for Saturday, Barcelona vs Juventus.  It might get a little messi.  For me, television died with Rubicon.
you mean Rubicon 2010? 

jfrichards

03 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:...you mean Rubicon 2010? 
Yep, Aug-Nov, 2010.  Even more profound than Max Headroom.  Obviously cancelled for its conclusions.

submonsterz

03 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:Build up to the Isle of Man TT Races ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnMfy3m-JvY

Plus GOT, Vikings (I miss you) and looking forward to "listening" to the 2015 Ashes series :s0717:
Wonder how many die this year or get maimed at the tt lol . bunch of nutters if you ask me them lot are :) .

And Vikings back soon only thing I watched this year other than movies was all the Vikings series back to back :) .

EnochLight

03 Jun 2015

submonsterz wrote: And Vikings back soon only thing I watched this year other than movies was all the Vikings series back to back :) .
Jesus. I can't believe I actually have something in common with you.   :s0230: :t2018: :s0225:  Vikings is simply splendid - can't freaking wait until the next season!!!  My wife and I are glued to the screen for that show.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

submonsterz

03 Jun 2015

submonsterz wrote: And Vikings back soon only thing I watched this year other than movies was all the Vikings series back to back :) .
EnochLight wrote:
Jesus. I can't believe I actually have something in common with you.   :s0230: :t2018: :s0225:  Vikings is simply splendid - can't freaking wait until the next season!!!  My wife and I are glued to the screen for that show.
Lol I`m not your hater Enoch lmfao.
I just have a strong opinion on many things its the rebel in me just my upbringing to challenge everything and every one in life.
words on a forum are just that jeez I call myself a prick often if ya really want to know !.
I like Vikings because its roughly based on reality roughly key word but yeah very very entertaining show .
End note even though I argue the toss with every one and every thing I`d still have a beer in real life and be friendly and do take others words and feelings to note. don't mean I am hating people .

Exowildebeest

03 Jun 2015

EnochLight wrote:
Hmm - I thought this season of Vikings started nice, then totally lost its way, then ended nice again.

The storylines in the middle part were vague and incomplete with the mysterious traveller, King Ecbert and Athelstan's weird religious visions and his subsequent very disappointing and unimaginative death-by-Floki (who'd have thought it'd be him :/ ).

Shame about all that middle part, but forgiven, because the production was amazing and it's still very entertaining. Looking forward to season 3 too.

Exowildebeest

03 Jun 2015

Now Black Sails season 2, that really blew my mind. I think Enoch will agree.

EnochLight

03 Jun 2015

submonsterz wrote: End note even though I argue the toss with every one and every thing I`d still have a beer in real life and be friendly and do take others words and feelings to note. don't mean I am hating people .
:s0826:
Exowildebeest wrote:Now Black Sails season 2, that really blew my mind. I think Enoch will agree.
Oh shit yeah - I absolutely LOVE Black Sails!!!  Totally forgot about that one.  Stunning production, fantastic performances from everyone involved - and a great story.  Season 3 is adding Ray Stevenson to play Blackbeard - which rocks because Ray Stevenson rocked as Titus Pullo in HBO's Rome (another old favorite of mine).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Exowildebeest

03 Jun 2015

Cool, I still need to watch Rome! Good reminder.

gak

05 Jun 2015

Spoilers for sure here:

Syfy, what is your problem? You had a good show in "helix" and you completely went off the deep end and ruined it. "Lost girl" was a guilty pleasure of mine, you trashed it on what was supposed to be it's "farewell" tour....now you're going to have another season? (I couldn't bare to watch it after the first episode this year, FF'ed through it so see if anything good happened and it didn't.....yawn)

Now "bitten?" 

I mean, it was "ok" last year, but you went all goofball and some stupid weird direction and ruined what made the show decent. What a waste.

What are you going to do with "continuum" now that it's coming back? I know, have them all go back in time and kill al gore. That sounds good. Or maybe have them all go into the future, where syfy is bankrupt and it was taken over by ancient aliens? 

Defiance was pretty bad last year, I wonder how much worse it will be this year? Can't wait to see how you ruined "dominion" Are you also going to ruin "sharknado" by turning it into a love story? Maybe they can go back in time and destroy sharks before they were created?

Really looking forward to next year and "12 monkeys" (which you were just about on the verge of ruining this season) I dunno, maybe you can go back in time and kill off all the writers before they take the big-bloody hatchet to the whole thing. 

CharlyCharlzz

06 Jun 2015

Silicon valley Season 2 , I just love that one !

can't wait for the zombie summer thingy , big fan of all that .

kind of agree with Gak that Elix could have rocked but it suck deep now !
zombie nation was original LOL
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

jallen97

06 Jun 2015

jallen97 wrote:Ever since I finished Breaking Bad I've been looking for something even close to as good. I did have a nice little run on Netflix and Hulu with a few good shows in a row-The Killing, The Fall, Broadchurch, Wrong Mans, Lilyhammer...etc. I would finish one and Netflix or Hulu would suggest another one that looked good. But they seem to have dried up. I did start Orphn Black and need to catch up on that. Or I should just open up Reason and let the creative juices flow....
Theo.M wrote:
Better call Saul may be a good one for you as it's in the BB universe :)

Tatiana just astounds me with her acting skills in orphan.. i honestly forget every single episode that she is playing so many characters and I really do look and feel for them as entirely different people.. that's how effective she is. It's a very unique show i reckon and well worth catching up on. Has some really dark comedy moments too.
Yeah. Unfortunately I have to wait for Better Call Saul to come to Netflix.
I just put some Orphan Black discs in my queue.... I agree. She is amazing!!!!

CharlyCharlzz

06 Jun 2015

I watched also  (the lastman on earth) that was great but I expect more for season 2 because it was going circles even if you are very surprised at the end of every épisodes .
I started watching : extant , 100 , Halo , sleepy Hallow , Helix , I zombie and I did not like but I try to watch a few others I forget about every year so sometimes I watch something for two years and forget about it a year or two LOL
My Dream would be a Prometheus Sitcom I guess if it's done a bit like Lost in terms of épisode format etc.. 
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

zeebot

06 Jun 2015

Just on the last episode of the this. Its been actually really good so far..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5OhK4hqDH4
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

dvdrtldg

08 Jun 2015

Looking, season 1

Comedy/drama about a bunch of gay dudes in San Francisco. Not really a big-issue-based or "political" gay thing, just a story that happens to be about a bunch of gay guys. It's been compared to Girls and Sex & The City, in that the story revolves around a group of friends who are all basically looking for LERV. But it's not as self-consciously hip as Girls, and unlike Sex & the City it's excellent rather than fucking dreadful. Great writing, great cast, highly recommended.

And if you're into contemporary disco, the soundtrack is a blast too.

Ostermilk

08 Jun 2015

Oh man, after reading this thread I've concluded that I really need to stay in more.

Theo.M

08 Jun 2015

gak wrote:Spoilers for sure here:

Syfy, what is your problem? You had a good show in "helix" and you completely went off the deep end and ruined it. "Lost girl" was a guilty pleasure of mine, you trashed it on what was supposed to be it's "farewell" tour....now you're going to have another season? (I couldn't bare to watch it after the first episode this year, FF'ed through it so see if anything good happened and it didn't.....yawn)

Now "bitten?" 

I mean, it was "ok" last year, but you went all goofball and some stupid weird direction and ruined what made the show decent. What a waste.

What are you going to do with "continuum" now that it's coming back? I know, have them all go back in time and kill al gore. That sounds good. Or maybe have them all go into the future, where syfy is bankrupt and it was taken over by ancient aliens? 

Defiance was pretty bad last year, I wonder how much worse it will be this year? Can't wait to see how you ruined "dominion" Are you also going to ruin "sharknado" by turning it into a love story? Maybe they can go back in time and destroy sharks before they were created?

Really looking forward to next year and "12 monkeys" (which you were just about on the verge of ruining this season) I dunno, maybe you can go back in time and kill off all the writers before they take the big-bloody hatchet to the whole thing. 
Hi, Syfy has no input in Lost Girl, Bitten or continuum. Sy Fy is merely the channel that plays them in the US, those three series are 100% canadian shows from another channel (starz & showcase i believe).

Lost girl was indeed epic but the last couple seasons have really lost their way (no pun), i think it all started going downhill from the "tree woman" episode LOL. That said I will have to see how they wrap it up, 8 episodes will air later this year that will conclude the story.

Helix, well, i can only say, W T F? I know right? I am literally in love with Billy Campbell but even I couldn't get through Season 2 and simply stopped watching after the first 4 episodes. I couldn't take it. BTW with lost girl it was always a 2 part final season, always.. aired in 2 blocks of 8 eps.. we are just all waiting to see the last.. and kensi is only going to be in a couple of them unfortunately. Apparently she is in less than half the final episodes, but she thankfully WILL be in the series finale.

gak

09 Jun 2015

You are correct Theo, but they are represented on "syfy" and therefore it's just too hard for me to get into those "well this was this part of Canada" shows :rofl:

Still looking forward to "sharknado" some though as it's just the campiest thing ever! Will give Defiance a couple of shots, will also give "killjoys" and "Dark matter" a chance.

Theo.M

09 Jun 2015

Couldn't get into defiance at all.. i made it 5 eps into the first season and quit, even with Jaime Murray in it who I love.

Ocean of Waves

09 Jun 2015

I started with The Blacklist

• Information