What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

12 Jul 2015

Fair warning: Just say about 10 minutes of a sci fi movie called "death squad" (never heard of it before tonight) and it was so bad, beyond bad, just really really horrible bad.

I'd rather watch a re-run of "battlefield earth"

Arsenic

14 Jul 2015

Well. I've picked up some ideas from this thread.
Just finished Halt and Catch Fire season 1 over the last two days and loved it. I just couldn't switch off.

I'm already up-to-date with Orphan Black. Thoroughly enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 but rather disappointed with season 3. I hope season 4 gets back on track.

Recently finished Better Call Saul. Absolutely fantastic - all I can say is "Pimento".

Also watched the new Daredevil series. A really nice dark and fairly gritty take on the Marvel comic and one of the best Marvel productions to date.

I've got Rubicon on the list along with Sense8, but I'll probably have to wait, as the other half is catching up on Criminal Minds.

gak

14 Jul 2015

Arsenic wrote: I'm already up-to-date with Orphan Black. Thoroughly enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 but rather disappointed with season 3. I hope season 4 gets back on track.
Me too.

gak

14 Jul 2015

The "atticus report"

Skip it.

decibel

15 Jul 2015

watched blindness last night, it was ok, nothing to write home about though :)

gak

20 Jul 2015

Saw "downloaded"

If you haven't seen it it's a recommended watch. Much to discuss, wouldn't know where to start.

dvdrtldg

20 Jul 2015

Just finished Mad Men season 7. Dodgy finale to a great series, has its moments but the writing gets pretty out of control.

decibel

21 Jul 2015

watched "sex and drugs and rock,n,roll" with dennis leary, im sure it will gain a following, no verdict from me though at this point, will probably watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better ?

gak

23 Jul 2015

"sharknado 3"

MAJOR SPOILER

"oh hell no?" OH HELL no!

(secret board meeting between those who are making film)

"Larry, I want you get all the data you can about what worked in the first two"

"Jack, make you you pin down the most boring celebrities that absolutely nobody cares about"

"Jennifer, you're in charge of snacks"

"Ok everybody, listen up! We've put together the all the data that was most liked about the first two sharknados. You'll be happy to know, we've removed any possible traces of that!!!!!!!!!" (major applause) "We've also put together horribly unpopular has beens from yesteryear, or anyone with sexual favors, to make the guiness world records WORST followup!" (major applause, whistling) "No longer are we tied to fighting sharks and celebs constantly being eaten by them, we're going to get deep into something called a 'story line' (people are passing out they are so happy)

"If we make this the worst of the sharknados, and change everything, then it will be even MORE popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

(standing ovation)

:?

I was embarrassed. No more fun and great celeb cameos. Actually, not one single cameo by anyone that is really anyone. Didn't I read that people were clamoring to be eaten by sharks? Long, boring, not funny, just stupid. Skip it.

freeQlow

26 Jul 2015

I watched Printing the Legend, 3D printing doc on Netflix, a whole lot of TNG, DS9 and Ted talks.

Anybody into the show Manhattan or the Manhatten Project?

gak

30 Jul 2015

I don't remember who asked about "extant" but an update.

I hated it last year. But I like what I've seen this year. It's not terrific, but far more entertaining.

selig
RE Developer

30 Jul 2015

decibel wrote:watched "sex and drugs and rock,n,roll" with dennis leary, im sure it will gain a following, no verdict from me though at this point, will probably watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better ?
Same here - watching it again tonight. I feels almost uncomfortably close to home for me, like Spinal Tap did - no sure if that's a good thing or not yet!

Finally finished the first season of True Detective - great soundtrack and very interesting storyline. Have a new respect for both Woody and Matthew. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

decibel

31 Jul 2015

selig wrote:
decibel wrote:watched "sex and drugs and rock,n,roll" with dennis leary, im sure it will gain a following, no verdict from me though at this point, will probably watch a few more episodes to see if it gets better ?
Same here - watching it again tonight. I feels almost uncomfortably close to home for me, like Spinal Tap did - no sure if that's a good thing or not yet!

Finally finished the first season of True Detective - great soundtrack and very interesting storyline. Have a new respect for both Woody and Matthew. :)

1st season of true detective was excellent, the second season has a different vibe to it, a lot of fans of the first season are knocking it but its not bad, there are two more episodes to go in the season so if you wait a few weeks you could watch them all in one weekend etc ;).. as for sex and drugs, i could take it or leave it, i'll probably take it though seeing as there are not that many other shows currently on that i enjoy

oh, and i have been re watching the "life after people" series again, i only seen a few episodes when it first aired so its kind of all new again, very interesting how they predict what nature will do when there are no more humans left to keep it at bay :) two other shows i occasionally check out are "nova" & "Through the Wormhole" featuring morgan freeman as the host, both kind of science doco type shows which are pretty interesting, the latest episode of nova is about fukushima, havent had time to watch yet but im sure it will be good

motuscott

31 Jul 2015

Hey they killed Project Free TV on the interwebs. I'm TVless for the first time in a long time. I used to exist without TV back before computers. Maybe I'll try that again.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

decibel

31 Jul 2015

motuscott wrote:Hey they killed Project Free TV on the interwebs. I'm TVless for the first time in a long time. I used to exist without TV back before computers. Maybe I'll try that again.

you will be better off without it man, less distractions ;)

SoundStruggler

05 Aug 2015

I watch the monitor. There are more interesting things going on on my monitor than TV.

JNeffLind

09 Aug 2015

I recently got on the Silicon Valley bandwagon. Very smart and funny show. Great story arc, great characters. Highly recommend.

Last Alternative

09 Aug 2015

*Currently I am obsessed with Suits and am on season 3. Damn good show!
*Oh, and True Detective season 2.
*Just recently finished the new season of Orange Is The New Black.
*I've also been told to watch Orphan Black but I don't really watch much TV at all and am always weary about new shows. However, it's usually my girlfriend's parents who recommends stuff and they don't watch junk!
*Sometimes America's Got talent but it's getting pretty repetitive and dull.
*Tried to watch Zoo but the acting is so lame I couldn't get past the pilot. Sucks because it's by James Patterson- one of my favorite authors..
*Silicon Valley is hilarious. I think I'm a few shows behind.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

pLansford

09 Aug 2015

gak wrote:Speaking of x files....I just started watching it from the beginning. One forgets just how good it was early on.
I just barely finished watching all of the X Files for the first time! It seemed to go downhill during the last couple seasons but there were a few good episodes. I have to admit I feel a little attached to David Duchovny so I think I'll start watching Californication.

Puckboy2000

10 Aug 2015

I just saw the new Mission Impossible. Excellent! I think I am starting to like this series of movies better than (dare I say it) James Bond. And I have been watching Bond in the theater since Moonraker!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

freeQlow

10 Aug 2015

Manhattan S1 Done, TNG, DS9, Red Dwarf
Just Started S1 GOT

gak

18 Aug 2015

Trying to watch last seasons "dr who" and other than a couple of special moments (like the master/cybermen) it's dull as a burger king knife. A couple of other issues that are nonsense (like the graffiti guy and the typical current day motivation to make them hero's and though he's a likable fella, it's not really doctor who way and it's cheap) and the fact the Capaldi really doesn't fit well. Meh, not even sure I care about the new season.

Killjoys is ending soon :( I really liked it because it was a little edgy, but a lot of fun. Just enough scifi to make the characters interesting. Probably won't be renewed (hope I'm wrong)

Arsenic

19 Aug 2015

Right. Just finished season two of The Blacklist. I personally think Season one was a bit better, but James Spader is brilliant. Also enjoyed watching him as a double act with William Shatner in Boston legal.

Just about to start on season two of Halt and Catch Fire.

zeebot

19 Aug 2015

I'm done with the blacklist. It got so unrealistic and formulaic it was verging on a head in hands cringefest. I dont think i can take another episode of 'Red' smuggly saying something like "well of course I knew all along the codes were hidden in the painting lizzie, thats where (insert non descript eastern european/african criminal's name) messed up. He thought the codes were in the frame where I knew that (insert other non descript foreigner who 'Red' worked with at some point) would without doubt encrypt the code into the actual painting using xrays..hence the xray machine over there...by the way I'm not your father...or am I?"
Sound familiar?

I've just finished watching Psychoville again. It's a british comedy series by the guys who did league of gentlemen (another uk comedy, not the movie thing). Very weird but funny.

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

freeQlow

21 Aug 2015

I Dream of Wires
Modular Synthesizer Documentary
Netflix

• Information