What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Jagwah

06 Nov 2017

Now I'm not sure if it was mentioned here or not, but currently enjoying Mr Selfridge. I haven't enjoyed a series this much since Breaking bad, just adore it. Still have 2 seasons to go too :)

moneykube

29 Nov 2017

https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Ocean of Waves

29 Nov 2017

Last edited by Ocean of Waves on 29 Nov 2017, edited 1 time in total.

AttenuationHz

29 Nov 2017

Ocean of Waves wrote:
29 Nov 2017
Gets good in season 2 when Thomas Jane aka Miller... Won't say it :)

He is not that good in The Expanse but he is in 2 Stephen king novels made into films which he was pretty decent in. 1922 on netflix now and the 2007 film The Mist.
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

EnochLight

29 Nov 2017

moneykube wrote:
29 Nov 2017
This is the funniest shit I've seen in a long time. Posting this to about a dozen family member's FB walls!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

moneykube

29 Nov 2017

lol... ya... I did the same... made me laugh hard :lol:

AttenuationHz

20 Dec 2017

Manhunt: Unabomber is amazing. Just prepare the pizza or popcorn for episode 6 it was the best one and the best TV I've seen since True Detective season 1. Can be a little slow at times (think it was originally made for discovery channel - ad break markers) but really well made you won't be disappointed!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

4filegate

29 Dec 2017

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I really enjoyed on Blu-ray 4k UHD.
The 2nd disc comes with a worthy and decently interesting documentary detailing the entire production Citizens of Imagination.

16BitBear

29 Dec 2017

We just got a 65" 4K HDTV over Christmas and started Amazon Prime so we have been binge watching two new favorites - Fortitude and The Man in the High Castle. Both are exceptionally well written, well acted, and Fortitudes cinematography in UHD is breathtaking!

tronam

29 Dec 2017

I watched about 30min of Bright, the new Netflix movie, turned it off and then went over to a corner to bury my face in my hands.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

EnochLight

29 Dec 2017

tronam wrote:
29 Dec 2017
I watched about 30min of Bright, the new Netflix movie, turned it off and then went over to a corner to bury my face in my hands.
LOL!!!

The only David Ayer film I've ever enjoyed was Fury, and that wasn't exactly a happy film.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 Dec 2017

A break from the drama then! Some decent British comedy!

Detectorists
finished for good a couple of weeks back, and there needs to be more evangelism for this one! ;)

A genuinely brilliant little show starring Mackenzie Crook (who also writes and directs) and Tony Jones, which has quickly grown to be regarded as perhaps the best single-camera sitcom/comedy drama of the decade here in the UK, and is gaining plaudits in the US too. But being a BBC4 show, few still know about it (sadly I came to it late tbh, but can't recommend it enough now). Properly funny, and in a gentle and totally non-cynical way. Lashings of sentimentality for sure, but every moment utterly earned, gags that pay off across seasons, and brilliantly acted. Season 1 perhaps is a bit overplotted with one aspect of its storyline, perhaps though fear that not enough was happening without it, but Crook learned quickly and the subsequent series were spot on: he's finally outgrown The Office's Gareth and revealed himself as a very perceptive, quality writer-actor-director.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06l51nr

Also, I've got a soft spot for another recent single-camera sitcom Motherland, which I found far, far funnier than I had any expectation of it being, and ended up burning through them in one chortle-full evening. The trailer really, really didn't do it justice, as literally none of the clips contained therein are funny... out of context. Try the pilot or episode one. Spoiler: it's about parenting, but the kids are barely in it. Although the birthday party episode (the vomit clip in trailer) turns out to be a classic farce...

Zac

29 Dec 2017

I can't tell you how brilliant detectorists was and how much i loved it. So understated but brilliantly observed. Pure goodness.

AttenuationHz

30 Dec 2017

Saw a few episodes of Detectorists and thought it was very good alright. Bright was not too bad, has a lot of metaphors. A modern day Lord of the rings I thought. Peaky Blinders just finished season 4 great show hopefully won't go past season 5, Season 4 was getting on in parts. Black Mirror season 4 :-o episode 1 was savage thought that looked like the worst one from the trailers.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Dec 2017

AttenuationHz wrote:
30 Dec 2017
Saw a few episodes of Detectorists and thought it was very good alright. Bright was not too bad, has a lot of metaphors. A modern day Lord of the rings I thought. Peaky Blinders just finished season 4 great show hopefully won't go past season 5, Season 4 was getting on in parts. Black Mirror season 4 :-o episode 1 was savage thought that looked like the worst one from the trailers.
Yeah, that run of Peaky Fucking Blinders, to give it it's full and proper name :lol: , was a superb return to form after the never-less-than-interesting-but-rarely-actually-compelling season 3. Still, I'm not sure how I feel about the intentionally hammy style of Adrien Brody as a revenging mafia boss, and the bonkers hole of plot in why he didn't just shoot Tommy on any of the numerous easy opportunities he had, i.e., the first fucking time they meet, for starters. As Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Maria Ramirez wryly noted, "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!". But hey, it'd have been a short season if he had, and going the long way round to the finale was great, and Tommy's winning play was a brilliantly cheeky bait-n-switch on the audience. And Helen McCrory rocks too. Given that season 5 isn't now due until 2019, there's already talk about at least one more season beyond that; I'm not averse to the idea if they're both 1/2/4 good (although let's be honest, given some of over the top plotting, I'd almost be happy to see them go all-in, embrace the fantasy genre and get Sam Neill's Belfast Bastard resurrected :twisted: It's never been quite as good since his demise, imo).

I also watched the USS Callister Black Mirror episode last night: yes, the trailers were very smart to not give the game away. I guess most BM fans predicted what Callister itself would be well in advance, but beyond that basic premise the twist, which was surprisingly early in the running time too, was unexpected and I thought was very neat (although it does require an inordinate amount of disbelief suspension, which I note has put a lot of commentators off the episode; sure it's daft, but that's probably missing the point).

Mr Robot season 3 was also a return to form. The 3-episode Stage 2 arc, including that "single-take" episode, was gobsmackingly well shot, and the finale was equally tense. That said, I'm not sure I need more than one more season of it: now Elliot and Mr Robot are on the same page, Esmail should probably wrap it up on the next run. I fear they might stick to a five year plan and drag it out a bit too much though.

EnochLight

30 Dec 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
30 Dec 2017
I also watched the USS Callister Black Mirror episode last night: yes, the trailers were very smart to not give the game away. I guess most BM fans predicted what Callister itself would be well in advance, but beyond that basic premise the twist, which was surprisingly early in the running time too, was unexpected and I thought was very neat (although it does require an inordinate amount of disbelief suspension, which I note has put a lot of commentators off the episode; sure it's daft, but that's probably missing the point).
Being a massive Black Mirror fan as well as Trekkie, I was happy to see USS Callister as the first episode. Loved it! We also made it through the second episode (Arkangel) and the third (Crocodile). Brilliantly executed, and - as expected - disturbingly dark. We'll probably finish off the rest before New Years Eve. I thought Andrea Riseborough was fantastic in Crocodile - she's going to be in another Netflix series called Waco, which gives me hope for the 6-part series. I thought Arkangel was brilliant; as a parent of a young daughter, it really resonated with me.

I'll say this much: if the next episode - Hang the DJ - doesn't have The Smiths' Panic in it at all, I'll be disappointed. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

30 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
30 Dec 2017

Being a massive Black Mirror fan as well as Trekkie, I was happy to see USS Callister as the first episode. Loved it! We also made it through the second episode (Arkangel) and the third (Crocodile). Brilliantly executed, and - as expected - disturbingly dark. We'll probably finish off the rest before New Years Eve. I thought Andrea Riseborough was fantastic in Crocodile - she's going to be in another Netflix series called Waco, which gives me hope for the 6-part series. I thought Arkangel was brilliant; as a parent of a young daughter, it really resonated with me.

I'll say this much: if the next episode - Hang the DJ - doesn't have The Smiths' Panic in it at all, I'll be disappointed. :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Black Mirror is a fascinating show. I watched the original episode "The National Anthem" on its original C4 broadcast and thought it was shit, and typical C4 just trying to be controversial for sake of courting controversy (notwithstanding the latter Hameron revelations, that wasn't known at the time). And it was a such a shame, as it really put me off (and I was a big fan of Brooker's Screenwipe, hence why I watched it): as a result I didn't see any more until just after season 3 launched. And episode 2, 15 Million Merits, was damn brilliant, and the third one, which escapes me right now (was that Entire History?) was excellent too. C4 should have put the Daily Heil-baiting National Anthem third (last) in that opening run.

It's also somehow interesting to note the episodes people hate. I loved San Junipero, thought it was probably the best of season 3, and yet because it's both not dark and features women, a lot of people really seem to loathe it. Waldo Moment is bad, of course, but thematically so prescient. It was a year too early. If Brooker had a chance to remake it with what we know now...!

EnochLight

30 Dec 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
30 Dec 2017
It's also somehow interesting to note the episodes people hate. I loved San Junipero, thought it was probably the best of season 3, and yet because it's both not dark and features women, a lot of people really seem to loathe it.
I never knew a lot people loathed it - San Junipero was brilliant. Absolutely destroyed me at the end! It also won several awards (two Primetime Emmy Awards, as well as a BAFTA Television Craft Award, among others). Meh - I guess some people are just daft when it comes to good entertainment.

AttenuationHz

30 Dec 2017

EnochLight wrote:
30 Dec 2017
JiggeryPokery wrote:
30 Dec 2017
It's also somehow interesting to note the episodes people hate. I loved San Junipero, thought it was probably the best of season 3, and yet because it's both not dark and features women, a lot of people really seem to loathe it.
I never knew a lot people loathed it - San Junipero was brilliant. Absolutely destroyed me at the end! It also won several awards (two Primetime Emmy Awards, as well as a BAFTA Television Craft Award, among others). Meh - I guess some people are just daft when it comes to good entertainment.
San Junipero would be the best episode for me never heard anyone hating on it myself.

Another show which started on Channel 4 a while ago Electric Dreams. If you like Black Mirror you would like it, some really good episodes one or two not so good ones. There is 6 episodes so far more planned for 2018 all based on Philip K Dick's short stories - Philip K Dick: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep aka Blade Runner, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly -I believe the short stories were released in SciFi mags in the 50/60's before he made a name for himself. They are really true to Philip K Dicks story telling/writing style if you read any of his books you will enjoy that series! He was years ahead of his time PkD. Possible still is!

Episode 6 of electric dreams is fantastic. Bryan Cranston and Liam Cunningham = TV gold. Essie Davis, Ruth Bradley fantastic too...

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

31 Dec 2017

Monkey needs a hug 🙁

moneykube

21 Jan 2018

guarantied to cheer you up nuless you have a psycosis or are really really high... 88 minute roller coaster of weirdness :lol: :lol: :lol:
just watched bits and went oh ya." forgot I put that image in" in the multi layer experimental/documentary.... :lol: made me smile finally after years of hating it

full-of-life

23 Jan 2018

R10 msi gt72 windows10 abluesky mediadesk 2.1 CME WaveIdea Bitstream 3X/Xkey37 4filegate YT ▢▢ allihoopa

EnochLight

23 Jan 2018

full-of-life wrote:
23 Jan 2018
I know this is shared on FB a lot, and I get that it’s done by an amateur film maker using his kid for the voice, but I feel like this is the 2010’s version of the Alley McBeal CGI dancing baby. Only people of a “older” demographic think it’s awesome. All the younger kids are like - PHHFFFFFT - I can do this in my sleep.

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2018

I'm still watching Star Trek TNG reruns

full-of-life

23 Jan 2018

EnochLight wrote:
23 Jan 2018
full-of-life wrote:
23 Jan 2018
I know this is shared on FB a lot, and I get that it’s done by an amateur film maker using his kid for the voice, but I feel like this is the 2010’s version of the Alley McBeal CGI dancing baby. Only people of a “older” demographic think it’s awesome. All the younger kids are like - PHHFFFFFT - I can do this in my sleep.
Joshua Slice, a professional animator who’s worked on Big Hero 6, Zootopia, and other cartoon features. Lucas (voiced by Slice’s nephew Lucas). It’s usually pretty ridiculous to demand a feature-length story based on 20 seconds of adorable animation, but Lucas is the kind of character that could go the distance. Lucas the Spider may be little more than a mere animation test. [Either way, we’re in]
R10 msi gt72 windows10 abluesky mediadesk 2.1 CME WaveIdea Bitstream 3X/Xkey37 4filegate YT ▢▢ allihoopa

• Information