What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

30 Mar 2016

Oh wow, powerpuf girls are being rebooted.

I can hardly contain my excitement. What's next, another batman reboot? Star wars being resurrected from the dead and made into a really boring movie (that made a billion dollars because social media isn't quite fast enough) ??

How about re-doing Godzilla? Like the last two weren't bad enough. Or let's do a remake of close encounters! We can have it starring Fisty cent, or Vince Vaughn. And diariahnaa.

Or I know, how about another "exorcist" remake........the "cyst" of hell. A cyst so big, it'll feed parts of Africa.

Or maybe "battlefield earth" where that scientology count comes back to be the rat man!

How about Psycho? The last remake wasn't NEARLY bad enough.

TV shows? How about another zombie series! It'll start out with little vayne pouring champaign on a cell phone, and then turning into a zombie! Then he can get some more tattoos of like flesh-eating zombies. I guess then he'd look normal.

How about "all in the family" but with (insert your stereotype here, so many to choose from in 2016) and then have "the jeffersons" as a spin off, with all white people!

Can't wait for the "breaking bad" reboot! It's going to be about a guy who has cancer and is cooking meth......oh wait, don't want to give it away.

And the reboot of "V" which will be just like the other two...but not quite as sucky as "childhoods end"

Squirrel please! I mean, it's just fuking stupid.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

01 Apr 2016

A lot of US shows get mentioned, but there's some fucking great TV on our side of the pond at the moment.

Line of Duty s3... goddamn last night's second episode had me shouting at the screen. I can't see how it can top the utterly amazing s2, but damn they're trying to do so, as I can't believe the BBC pulled off that twist unspoiled. Jed Mecurio is genuis. Watch it all from the start to catch up!

A shout out to their recently concluded Happy Valley as well. (Hint: it ain't happy). Season 2 was quite different; whereas the first was quite astonishingly violent, the second, while an act of extreme violence punctuates the second episode, is more psychological. At points I wondered that it felt a little too slow at times but even then, throughout there was a real sense of dread in the pit of my stomach. But the change in pace actually all made sense come the finale which if anything was more powerful for not resorting to a shoot-em-up, but a few quiet words between people. And the final sequence was both beautiful and disturbing. I'd dismissed Sally Wainwright before HV based on more lightweight previous work, but now I think she's one of the UK's premier writers, I'm talking 90's Jimmy McGovern level of brilliance. Again, you need to watch season 1 first, although I only watched it after I'd caught the first episode of s2 by accident and thought "fuck me, that was actually bloody good, I need to watch season 1 before next Tuesday".

Wolf Hall - featuring a superb performance by Mark Rylance, who just won best support actor Oscar for Bridge of Spies. The story of Thomas Cromwell's rise into the court of Damien Lewis's Henry VIII. (Ignore criticisms of historical accuracy or otherwise and just enjoy it as a brilliant piece of historical fiction)

moneykube

01 Apr 2016

a must see...
:arrow: United Nations officials inside Walmart - Insider speaks out. Tunels to FEMA underneath
They are drilling tunnels underneath Wall Mart that go straight to FEMA camps. All the plumbing stories are…
https://youtu.be/lLoOZPbzdhE
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gak

01 Apr 2016

Oh oh oh, before I click it...........APRILS FOOLS DAY!!!!!!

:lol:

moneykube

02 Apr 2016

ha... didn't even know it was april 1st
everyone likes the moon because it's very high :puf_smile:
https://www.facebook.com/rathergood/vid ... 954428038/

gak

07 Apr 2016

"wynonna earp" season premier.....

Avoid it.

moneykube

07 Apr 2016

gak

21 Apr 2016

"Hunters" ... pretty good

"12 monkeys" ... good opener (but gets tedious at times)

"Star Wars Rebels" mid-season end ... very good. It is a Disney kids show but as mentioned a long time ago in a... I mean, great graphics, cool story.

gak

22 Apr 2016

"The Mechanical Grave" .....

Brilliant short! A complete reinvention of 1985 with Edgar Allen Poe as a mechanical being and Teddy Rosevelt as the police commish. Should have been a series.

Also "Fuse" which is an animated short (though at 20+ minutes isn't "short" ) and it was AWESOME! So glad to see some good shorts again (they were pretty bad for a while)

zeebot

24 Apr 2016

Have to say Line of Duty is absolutely brilliant!! It is also annoying because they only have to ask one certain person one certain question and the whole mystery is solved.
I will also leave this here because quite a few will probably be watching it...

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

prod112

25 Apr 2016

(...)
Last edited by prod112 on 31 May 2016, edited 1 time in total.

gak

29 Apr 2016

In the middle of "Jurassic World" *

Not sure if :lol: It has had some hidden charm of the original, and has also had some really "well duh" moments. Not as bad as I thought it would be so far.

*it's a common theme with many movies now. I just can't sit through a whole one, they are NEVER interesting enough.

selig
RE Developer

29 Apr 2016

Finally started watching the Vikings and liking it - Game of Thrones is next (YES, I know I'm WAY behind on that).
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

willowman

29 Apr 2016

prod112 wrote:The documentary: "Dear Zachary: A Letter to a Son About His Father".

It`s a bit of a disturbing watch, but it is important to understand what kind of nutcases exist out there and why you must avoid such shitty acquaintances (if you`re given the choice that is).

Yep, agreed, best doc movie I've seen in years....check out the doc movie the imposter if you haven't already.
Jez: "How long can it take to come up with 3 minutes of music?" Hans: "6 minutes max"
Jez: "That's being generous. That's 2 minutes per minute"

gak

12 May 2016

Jurrasic world sucked.

Fantastic 4 sucked.

Watch 573 (shorts) or be a dope :lol:

Warriors, 4 stars!

moneykube

03 Jun 2016

gak

05 Jun 2016

Oh my!

gak

09 Jun 2016

The Martian

It's not that they have ALL of their facts wrong.

It's not that it's a boring film.

It's not that it's WAY WAY too long.

It's not even the "oooooo, dirty little secrets/government" bullshit.

It's the self-servicing. "It" thinks it's important for reasons only the idiots who made it know. Could have been more like "Gravity" which was an ok film (though that is impossible too, but at least had some unique twists) Morons probably think it's a classic :roll:

Like virtually everything else, it's a good one to miss.

TestIt

09 Jun 2016

Why would you put this in the reason beat test forum lol? Use reddit or somethin

yeahright31

10 Jun 2016

UFC 199 - Rockhold vs. Bisping 2
Finished watching on Fox.

A bit of the good old Ren & Stimpy.

gak

10 Jun 2016

The first season of RNS had some great moments. They it just got way too inside and "we're really stoned and expect everyone to laugh because of the magnitude of bong hits"

UFC? Is that still around? Sorry man, my fist fights are better.

gak

10 Jun 2016

TestIt wrote:Why would you put this in the reason beat test forum lol? Use reddit or somethin
I rest my case :lol:

gak

12 Jun 2016

Saw the last 10 minutes of the new "vacation" and want badly to hurt others, especially anyone who had anything to do with that movie.

Pay attention to the "people also liked" part. THAT is who the guy from orlando should have been targeting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1524930/

Also saw "Hitman: Agent 47" and though it wasn't awesome, was at the very least entertaining.

XysteR

14 Jun 2016

Not watching, but listening. If you're into varied scientific, factual subjects, this is just an awesome show:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00snr0 ... yer?page=8

If you've not listening to it before - and like it, then you're in for a long-lasting treat. Science and laughs all rolled into one. There's a hell of a lot of listening stretching back to Series 1 (which I suggest you start at). I'm not sure, but if you're on the other side of the pond you may need to be behind a VPN to listen to them.

RitaLucero

29 Jun 2016

I`m watching the Preacher, great tv show with blood and violance demons and vampires

• Information