What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
gak

30 Jan 2016

decibel wrote: david duchovny seems so flat in his performance lol, maybe its intentional ?
It's because of the newly discovered flat earth.

decibel

31 Jan 2016

not really mainstream viewing, but i appreciate switched on banter, alan watts always has interesting viewpoints when it comes to this kind of thing ;) njoy (or dont njoy, no skin off my nose as they say lol)

decibel

31 Jan 2016

another great 4 part documentary worth tracking down is "the century of self" illustrates well how we have arrived in our present day corporate controlled reality.. heres part 1, happy to link the other 3 episodes if anybody is interested ?

gak

31 Jan 2016

I'll have to watch that stuff tomorrow, winding down for the evening. (don't want to to get worked up again :lol: )

Was watching the latest "guitar center sessions" with "St Lucia" and was kinda bobbing my head. Nice. Haven't finished it though. Singer kinda reminds me of "the 1975" but not sure why.

Theo.M

31 Jan 2016

Just wanted to say hi guys it's been so long.. I miss this place and reason.

Watching Jessica Jones on netflix. Was very enjoyable.

clone

31 Jan 2016

A few weeks ago I caught up on, Fear the walking dead. And last week I saw second season of Empire and Vikings.

clone

31 Jan 2016

Got to love HULU.

I'm dumping my cable now.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

31 Jan 2016

Theo.M wrote:Just wanted to say hi guys it's been so long.. I miss this place and reason.

It was was good up about ep 7, then it revealed that Jones was utterly stupid. Or rather it revealed the writers were rather stupid ;) It would have been a great 8 part series. It got far too stretched and thus really suffered towards the end.

Currently watching Wolf Hall. It's briliant so far. I don't understand it. But it's brilliant.

I've got War & Peace series-linking to Tivo atm. Not sure when I'll muster up the courage to get to it.

What else?

Rebels s2 is still going strong. And Agent Carter s2 has made an outstanding start; I love the fact they get right down to it, plotwise, there's no dicking about or filler scenes (let alone filler episodes). It does mean it jumps about a bit, but because its tongue is firmly in its cheek it rather gets away with that, it means it doesn't waste time with characters exchanging information we already know; they exchange it offscreen. Brilliant writing. Shame it probably won't get a third season given collapsing ratings, just happy it got a second.

Theo.M

01 Feb 2016

ooooh i can't get AC S2 here yet legally so i have to wait. Love Hayley Atwell.

Just saw the Martian on itunes. Unfortunately they didn't have the rental only purchase so i paid 20 aud for it. But i was dying to see it so just did it.

I enjoyed it, i found it all very interesting how he calculated survival on his own. It was probably very unrealistic overall but i didn't get bored. Love watching HD stuff on the retina screen. With netflix and ultra HD stuff looks awesome :)

gak

02 Feb 2016

decibel wrote:
Where do I start? :lol:

The paranoia is strong with this one(s).

Likely most will not understand what I mean by this, but "meet the new boss.....same as the old boss"

TV, film, music, none of these things matter. Before there was any tech we've had a vast array of different people, well documented, that were exactly the same. Does that matter? Of course not. Conspiracy theories are far more important.

The bottom line is that people WORSHIP people who behave badly. And you want to know what? They like that about themselves.

If you want, I can rattle off a few hundred current TV shows that think they are making a difference that are full of shit. Bottom line? 99% of the time they just want a cut and to see themselves and stroke themselves.

Ok, maybe someone could even say that about me and how much I post. Who knows, but the idea that TV/social media, stadiums were designed as some form of cattle herding or whatever other paranoia blurb, has been done for thousands or years under different guises.

BTW, I didn't see them showing pictures of the astronomically intense stadiums outside of the US, did they? ;)

gak

02 Feb 2016

Finished "secret space escapes" tonight.

Pretty good series. It's amazing to a shlub like me that those variables can be calculated and used w/o more disasters. Really, there are very few "disasters" considering how deadly/dire those circumstances are.

Now, we just need to figure out a way to clean the debris up. :x

gak

03 Feb 2016

"what if I told you" that samual jackson and nicholas cage were considered before the actual actors of "The Matrix" ??>>>>

Man, thank god that didn't happen. Easily top 5 film of ALL TIME. Really enjoyed watching it again :)

EnochLight

03 Feb 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Theo.M wrote:Just wanted to say hi guys it's been so long.. I miss this place and reason.

It was was good up about ep 7, then it revealed that Jones was utterly stupid. Or rather it revealed the writers were rather stupid ;) It would have been a great 8 part series. It got far too stretched and thus really suffered towards the end.
I completely enjoyed the entire series - one of the best MCU television series adaptations to date, IMHO - and far better than Daredevil. I had no issue with the ending, aside from I thought she would have *ahem* "taken care" of the good Doctor a bit more violently. :D :lol:
JiggeryPokery wrote: And Agent Carter s2 has made an outstanding start; I love the fact they get right down to it, plotwise, there's no dicking about or filler scenes (let alone filler episodes). It does mean it jumps about a bit, but because its tongue is firmly in its cheek it rather gets away with that, it means it doesn't waste time with characters exchanging information we already know; they exchange it offscreen. Brilliant writing. Shame it probably won't get a third season given collapsing ratings, just happy it got a second.
I'm enjoying Agent Carter as well, though I felt the premier was a little soft. Still, it's picked right up - great to see her character fleshed out, and Haley Atwell is fantastic.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

CharlyCharlzz

03 Feb 2016

EnochLight wrote:.
there is something I want to watch but can't remember the name .....you was the last who re-posted it back in the PUF BTW !

you know that Old Vintage Tutorial about Mixing sounds , it had Ballons to explain where to see the sound scene in 3d to place sound better in the mix.

there was a crazy psycadelic Doc and another guy in it and it was a tutorial for schools I guess .

any chances you remember the name of it or got the link somewhere ?!?!
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

EnochLight

03 Feb 2016

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
there is something I want to watch but can't remember the name .....you was the last who re-posted it back in the PUF BTW !

you know that Old Vintage Tutorial about Mixing sounds , it had Ballons to explain where to see the sound scene in 3d to place sound better in the mix.

there was a crazy psycadelic Doc and another guy in it and it was a tutorial for schools I guess .

Yikes... I'm afraid I don't remember that clearly. Was it that classic Apple computer music production promo from the late 80's/early 90's?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

CharlyCharlzz

03 Feb 2016

EnochLight wrote:
CharlyCharlzz wrote:

Yikes... I'm afraid I don't remember that clearly. Was it that classic Apple computer music production promo from the late 80's/early 90's?
I dont think it was apple related but maybe , it was more the type of tutos we would see in UK highschools back in the early 90's .

the main thing that was talked about on this tuto was How to visualise the sound coming from you speakers , there was a cheap blue sky cloudy background representing the sound scene and it was full of ballons that represented the instruments and freqs , it was teaching how to use PAN and EQ's to place sounds in a mix (drums , bass , leads etc..) .

it is one of the best tutorials I ever watched , there was a doctor with a crazy haircut explaining things up .

it was 2 or 3 years ago so I got no other description of it to give but it was awesome. well maybe it will pop back out one of these days :(
Last edited by CharlyCharlzz on 03 Feb 2016, edited 1 time in total.

CharlyCharlzz

03 Feb 2016

[quote="EnochLight"][/quote]
@EnochLight
ok so I found it , I think my ears bleeding from searching google LOL

EnochLight

03 Feb 2016

CharlyCharlzz wrote: ok so I found it , I think my ears bleeding from searching google LOL

LOL - ohhh man - that 'stache and mullet are awesome.
haha.jpg
haha.jpg (397.85 KiB) Viewed 1576 times

CharlyCharlzz

03 Feb 2016

[quote="EnochLight"][/quote]
haha LOL , yhea could be a great mémé indeed !

I wonder if he still got Hairs now LOL

gak

15 Feb 2016

Too much sports garbage.

"Tomorrowland" which was ok and had a nice message but wasn't great. Needed more coke and hookers :lol:

gak

16 Feb 2016

OMG!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Holy shit, I laughed so hard!!!!!! My cat is looking at me right now like "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

So funny......bookmarked.

decibel

16 Feb 2016

watched the first episode of "vinyl" should be big with the hipster audience, debut episode is about 3 long though so might want to give it a miss if you have a short attention span lol

EnochLight

18 Feb 2016

Just caught Agent Carter's 2-part episode last night. It was great, but it ended sort of dark - which is unusual for this show. Hope they keep it going!

Vikings resumes tonight, and my wife and I are kicking it off with a bottle of mead we've been saving for the occasion.

gak

20 Feb 2016

Still too much sports talk (or should I say "shlock" )

Also been watching a lot of DTV 340 shows like "rock legends" (new season) and a couple of repeats.

I had no idea "Muse" had been around as long as they have.

• Information