What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Theo.M

01 Jun 2015

Thought this could be a fun topic not about Reason!

For me currently it's orphan black on netflix for me - and although it's characters can be difficult to love, that actress is just phenomenal playing so many different parts and it's a pretty unique series. 

Before that watched all 5 seasons of stargate atlantis during the months i was sick.. basically an ep or two daily.. and i LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! (totally felt for the characters like they were all my friends, and that's when i know a show has really managed to draw me in).

Had never watched any stargate series before, only the movie back when, and now looking forward to finding more!

Exowildebeest

01 Jun 2015

Ha I was a big fan of the original Stargate movie too - and watched a bit of SG1 back in the days as well.

Recently I tried Stargate Universe and I was quite amazed - very dark and one of Robert Carlyle's best performances, it's a show worth watching just for him. Dr. Rush is a truly fascinating character.

After that I decided to fully watch SG1 - however, that's a lot lighter and from the days in which TV shows weren't as high quality. Some episodes are really crappy and cheesy, others quite good with smart SF writing. Still entertaining enough overall.

Will soon try Stargate Atlantis too, I assume that's somewhere in between SG1 and Universe in quality and depth of drama.

JNeffLind

01 Jun 2015

How about Firefly? It was cancelled after one season due to poor marketing, yet still has achieved cult status. If you're into the genre stuff, that's one you can't afford to miss.

As for what I'm watching: I'm a bit of a nut and have 30 Rock on almost constant repeat. I've seen every episode at least a dozen times. Occasionally I'll insert a season of It's Always Sunny... or Archer or Bob's Burgers or Arrested Development. Been into sketch stuff recently too. Inside Amy Schumer and Key & Peele are both excellent shows. 

All those are comedy though (albeit smartish and sometimes edgy/daring comedy). If drama is more your game, I've watched Lost and Breaking Bad a couple times each, though Lost kind of drops off in quality after a few seasons (imo). 

submonsterz

01 Jun 2015

Don't watch hardly any tv or shows.
I watch movies mainly watching San Andreas at the moe . Hope its as good as the hype.

zeebot

01 Jun 2015

Just finished watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones (ep8)....stunning TV
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

EnochLight

01 Jun 2015

Game of Thrones, and last night was fuck'n EPIC.  Getting ready to watch Penny Dreadful (this season has been amazing as well).  Halt and Catch Fire started season 2 last night, too.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Julibee

01 Jun 2015

Oh, man.... last night GOT... The only time I've ever seen Jon Snow look visibly rattled.  Yowch.

I saw a tweet from Pitchfork today that said the band Mastodon was actually in that epidode as Wildlings/White Walkers.  That's kinda funny.   :)

I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

EnochLight

01 Jun 2015

Julibee wrote:I saw a tweet from Pitchfork today that said the band Mastodon was actually in that epidode as Wildlings/White Walkers.  That's kinda funny.   :)
Hah!  That's awesome!  That shot of the children wraiths?  Ugh.. that SOOOO creeped me out lol!  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Puckboy2000

01 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:Just finished watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones (ep8)....stunning TV
The best episode this season for sure. Just watched it today. Best series ever!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Puckboy2000

01 Jun 2015

Texas Rising. Episode 3 Great so far.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Exowildebeest

01 Jun 2015

LALALALA spoiler alert I'm not reading the previous posts

However, I think Game of Thrones is a bit lame by now. Still entertaining, but severely lacking in real depth and story progression. Also, I'm sick of that dragon-chick and our "Dutch pride" the Lord of Light-chick and also of boring shallow good guy Jon Snow. Hope they all die painfully, which they probably will, eventually.

Game of Thrones needs more midgets and more Sean Bean.

zeebot

01 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:Just finished watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones (ep8)....stunning TV
Puckboy2000 wrote: The best episode this season for sure. Just watched it today. Best series ever!
So that is winter coming? Holy effing shit!! 

Ejit was right, jon snooooo did know nothing.

They really are crap.

Theo.M

02 Jun 2015

JNeffLind wrote:How about Firefly? It was cancelled after one season due to poor marketing, yet still has achieved cult status. If you're into the genre stuff, that's one you can't afford to miss.

As for what I'm watching: I'm a bit of a nut and have 30 Rock on almost constant repeat. I've seen every episode at least a dozen times. Occasionally I'll insert a season of It's Always Sunny... or Archer or Bob's Burgers or Arrested Development. Been into sketch stuff recently too. Inside Amy Schumer and Key & Peele are both excellent shows. 

All those are comedy though (albeit smartish and sometimes edgy/daring comedy). If drama is more your game, I've watched Lost and Breaking Bad a couple times each, though Lost kind of drops off in quality after a few seasons (imo). 
Saw serenity at the flicks when it was first on, with no idea it was to wrap up a TV series called Firefly.. and i thoroughly enjoyed it.. just did a quick browse and netflix does have the whole season of FF, and it seems in the correct order too (apparently it aired all out of order), so will give that a go after I finish with orphan black. Lost was not my thing but man was that show popular.. I watched one season and kept falling asleep LOL. 30 Rock was AWESOME! Well, the first 5 seasons anyway :) Marathoned breaking bad and that was some tense epic TV.. :)

jallen97

02 Jun 2015

Ever since I finished Breaking Bad I've been looking for something even close to as good. I did have a nice little run on Netflix and Hulu with a few good shows in a row-The Killing, The Fall, Broadchurch, Wrong Mans, Lilyhammer...etc. I would finish one and Netflix or Hulu would suggest another one that looked good. But they seem to have dried up. I did start Orphn Black and need to catch up on that.
Or I should just open up Reason and let the creative juices flow....

zeebot

02 Jun 2015

The Wire, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Deadwood, Underbelly (australian), The Fall, GOT

All great series, these are just off the top of my head. Personally I put The Wire above all of them, such a great show.

They really are crap.

Theo.M

02 Jun 2015

zeebot wrote:The Wire, Breaking Bad, House of Cards, Deadwood, Underbelly (australian), The Fall, GOT

All great series, these are just off the top of my head. Personally I put The Wire above all of them, such a great show.
wow that's alot of tele!

Underbelly first season is absolutely spectacular, but I heard it was never quite as good again in subsequent seasons. Only ever saw the first.. what you up to?

Only way I can watch GOT legally at the moment is cable which I don't have, yet. But I did see the first 4 seasons and it's great TV that's for sure. 

Thanks for the tip on The Wire, never heard of it!  :idea:

don't you reckon HOC is losing it's steam after an absolutely amazing first season? I dunno, i kept losing interest in S2 and S3 and only really skim watched... Season 1 to me was like the political version of Revenge and just like Revenge, it wasn't the same in the further seasons.. 

Ocean of Waves

02 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:Thought this could be a fun topic not about Reason!

For me currently it's orphan black on netflix for me
Me too, went back to it after finishing binge-watching The Following.

I'm also watching these when they return for a new season:

Broad City
Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Better Call Saul
Fargo
Girls
House Of Cards (2013)
True Detective
Modern Family
Orange Is the New Black
Orphan Black
Penoza
Rectify
The Big Bang Theory
Lilyhammer

These ended

Californication
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Rubicon
The Killing US
Weeds
How I Met Your Mother
Lost
Luther
Twin Peaks

zeebot

02 Jun 2015

Julibee wrote:Oh, man.... last night GOT... The only time I've ever seen Jon Snow look visibly rattled.  Yowch.
Yeah I bet that boat stunk because I'm damn sure all of them soiled themselves at least once.
I thought the entire episode was fantastic...well apart from Sam, someone kill him already, annoying as crap.
I like the way Jon Snow finally turned away with a look of "wtfuckityfuck was that all about and wtf am I going to do now"

They really are crap.

Julibee

02 Jun 2015

He needs Dragons.  I'm pretty sure that's where this is headed.  Also, pretty sure that Dany is his sister, but they'll get married anyway (Targaryens, duh) and rule the seven kingdoms together.

Not that she deserves him.

Julibee

02 Jun 2015

Louie CK's show, "Louie" is amazing... it's hilariously funny and heartbreaking and icky all at the same time.  He has a way of exposing the juxtaposition of good and evil in all of us in a really interesting way.  He's always trying to do the right thing, but either doesn't know what that thing is, or it backfires in some cringeworthy way.  He usually gets it right in the end.

There's also a downright ridiculous and smartly funny show called "Schitt's Creek", starring Eugene Levy, his son (Daniel Levy), Catherine O'Hara, the girl who plays Pennsatucky on Orange is the New Black (which I also love), and Chris Elliot.  It's almost like a Mockumentary ala Dog Show or A Mighty Wind, only the premise is that some filthy rich haute couture Hollywood types lose all their money and are forced to moved to two bedrooms in a motel in Noweheresville (Schitt's Creek).  Of course, calamity ensues.  It's on something called POP.  Worth finding.

I also love Broad City, because LOL.

tibah

02 Jun 2015

Currently re-watching on Netflix:
House
Breaking Bad

Waiting for:
Better Call Saul (more!)
House of Cards (since only on Sky here)

Wish I could watch "Louie" here because I bought all of Louis's specials / programs from his website, but yea, EU / US and whatnot. Hard to get / watch here (legally).

JNeffLind

02 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote: 30 Rock was AWESOME! Well, the first 5 seasons anyway :)  
Tina Fey is my number one celebrity crush. I agree the show dropped off a bit around season 5, but I still thought the later seasons among the best stuff on TV, just not as much better as the previous seasons.

JNeffLind

02 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote: Thanks for the tip on The Wire, never heard of it!  :idea:

The wire is definitely worth a look I loved the first season. Thought the second pretty boring (they got away from their primary cast of characaters) but then in the third season to the last they rebounded pretty well. First season in particular is worth your time and you may very well get hooked. If you love the first and find the second slow, you may want to skip ahead to the third though...

Julibee

02 Jun 2015

tibah wrote:Currently re-watching on Netflix:
House
Breaking Bad

Waiting for:
Better Call Saul (more!)
House of Cards (since only on Sky here)

Wish I could watch "Louie" here because I bought all of Louis's specials / programs from his website, but yea, EU / US and whatnot. Hard to get / watch here (legally).
That is a Shame... This show, "Louie", is SO.GOOD.  It's different from standup, and different than his first show (which I also watched).  I hope you get to see it, sometime. :)

adfielding

02 Jun 2015

Theo.M wrote:For me currently it's orphan black on netflix for me - and although it's characters can be difficult to love, that actress is just phenomenal playing so many different parts and it's a pretty unique series. 
Oh man, I've had Orphan Black recommended to me so many times I feel like I should probably check it out :) I love SG-1, it's one of those programmes I can just put on and I know I'm going to have fun with it. I loved the first couple of series of Atlantis but it kind of dropped off towards the end, but it was still a lot of fun. Never really got on with SG Universe, felt like it was taking itself way too seriously and trying too hard to be like Battlestar Galactica (the new series, which I strongly recommend checking out!). I'll give it another try at some point, I kind of feel like it was a victim of expectation on my part.

Currently watching Game Of Thrones (no spoilers, I'm one episode behind!), and Hannibal. The first two series of Hannibal were absolutely phenomenal, I was initially put off thinking "oh my god how many times are we going to have to have Hannibal Lecter-related media thrown at us", but it's absolutely fantastic on so many levels. I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Information