What are you watching at the moment? (possible spoilers)

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
plaamook

20 Feb 2016

I'm goona chime in with my usual random shit.
I'm currently getting really stuck into David Attenborough Doco's, Levaithan (the fishing doco), and my own vids I just shot freezing my ass off underwater in Norway for an AV project I'm working on. Happy as a sea bunny!
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

gak

21 Feb 2016

Did I mention that "that metal show" was canceled? What a damn shame. I'll miss Jenifer.

Also forgot I have some "how the universe works" sode's saved. I had no idea that "voyager 1" was still going and sending back very useful information.

And "Duran Duran" world stage. Too many loops to tell who is/isn't performing but I'm pretty sure Simon is. Man, he's aged well.

gak

01 Mar 2016

Let's see.......

"Star Wars Rebels".... awesome. Very well made, good for all ages. REALLY love the graphics! (lucas should have thought of doing 1/2/3 that way :lol: )

Tried to watch "in and out" which was cute at first but got boring quick. Decided I'll pick it up again later since my dvr is pretty full.

The sammy hagar thing and the "breaking band" thing are over :lol: Started with promise (at having something to do with music) and got really shitty really fast.

The Steph Curry show, starring the greatest basketball player.......Steph Curry...what else?

No good shorts. Bummer.

Pixels for 4 minutes. Once it got to the "height challenged" guy with the two chicks that looked like Hooters girls, I just said "nope" FF'ed, looked lame.

The NFL combine in some ways. Man, these "draft gurus" are getting dumber and dumberer.

Can't wait for spring training in baseball! (couple of days)

The best show is "what on earth?" which has it's season finale next week. Really cool.

Gonna binge "Agent Carter" when the final episode is over.

decibel

07 Mar 2016

gak

09 Mar 2016

n/m
Last edited by gak on 23 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

gak

18 Mar 2016

Finally, a really good sci-fi short! "Recoil" and it was cool. A tad predictable once you got 2/3's through, but cool nonetheless.

And finally the "HD" version of "Logans Run" .... WOW! I was fascinated as a kid, got it towards my late teens and have seen it as many times as possible. Fantastic. Even though some of the special fx are "cheesy" by todays standards, it's really imaginative. Like anything else there are loopholes, but still another fantastic "future" possibility.

Theo.M

20 Mar 2016

daredevil season 2 - is fan bloody tastic.

To me so far it is really nail biting excitement, but balanced very well with the slow parts. I very much prefer it to season 1, which was already good.
Up to episode 11 - will be sleeping late tonight! 3 hrs to go!

moneykube

21 Mar 2016

well listening anyway.... in a zen mood :puf_wink:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Gulale

22 Mar 2016

Cosmos
Gulale aka Bereket

gak

23 Mar 2016

"San Andreas"

Another first 10 minutes were so bad/just stopped.

Goes like this, some little honey is driving along an LA canyon two lane road. She's a typical idiot and is doing all the things she shouldn't be doing (like fucking with her phone and driving) and no problem. Then an avalanche comes and whisks her off the road and the car goes crashing down the hillside. Don't cheer in glee yet. She survives (completely impossible), calls for help, there is a helicopter rescue that is impossible, and lives.

That was enough. If she'd have died the horrible death she deserved, maybe I'd have been interested.

moneykube

23 Mar 2016

I have no words... funny... really bad remake... with a dark message.... everyone is replaced by younger charaters.... follows form of original Star Trek.... I am enjoying this so much... lololololol.... no spoilers..... :lol: sorry.... it gets more and more bizarre lol
http://thevideo.me/2fj8lj0g3w62

pushedbutton

25 Mar 2016

I watched that new star wars the other night. As with every other movie in the franchise I was initially interested but got bored and missed the point. I can't even say if it's a good film or not, my brain just didn't engage with it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

gak

26 Mar 2016

It wasn't. It was liked by people who are into mega eye-candy (the same people that that that the latest mad max, prometheus, and other boner vs special effects/zero percent story films)

moneykube

26 Mar 2016

too political?..... but funny as hell.... and also really sad

https://www.facebook.com/true.art1/vide ... 704129806/

gak

26 Mar 2016

HAHA! Do like.

Amazing though isn't it? I mean that movie was made a million years ago.......nothing changes.

Jmax

27 Mar 2016

I finished over sea 2 of Daredevil, excellent. Great ninja like fight scenes and lots of them, good plot and not cheesy at all. I just started Jessica Jones and am hooked, at first I thought it might be a little lame with a chic but Marvel hasn't failed to impress.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

28 Mar 2016

Jmax wrote:I finished over sea 2 of Daredevil, excellent. Great ninja like fight scenes and lots of them, good plot and not cheesy at all. I just started Jessica Jones and am hooked, at first I thought it might be a little lame with a chic but Marvel hasn't failed to impress.
I've been binging Daredevil S1 this weekend. Have been far more impressed so far (up to ep 9 atm) than with JJ, which does start in a very impressive and addictive manor. Unfortunately after the strong opening, JJ just gets plain stupid at or around the ep7 mark as the writers realise they have run out of plot with five or six episodes still to fill. So what would have worked brilliantly as a tightly plotted 8-parter, the second half of the season is flabby and filler padded and with ever-increasingly dumb character motivations (the therapy group! The "tank"! Jeri!).
Last edited by JiggeryPokery on 29 Mar 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Theo.M

28 Mar 2016

I actually liked JJ more as it progressed. I guess we are all different. I am a fan of david tennant, and thought his performance was particularly fab.

If you like DD s1 Matt, you will love 2. I don't know how you feel about action, but there is a LOT more of it. There is a stairway scene that is absolutely breathtaking. I don't know how else to describe it. I was literally on the edge of my seat (well bed, in front of netflix retina macbook lol), biting my nails.

Ronin

28 Mar 2016

DD s2, great so far. I really couldnt get into Jessica Jones.
Must say i got pretty bored of most of the shows ive been watching. Most of them I gave up on now.
That said, Vikings, and Black Sails are still keeping my interest. And Arrow is good as always. Othere then that, I have stopped watching many of the others that i used to follow.

gak

29 Mar 2016

I kept seeing "poltergeist" all over dtv and thinking "man, I just saw that again" and had no idea they did a remake.

Fucking awful! Can't anyone make a decent movie these days?

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

29 Mar 2016

Theo.M wrote:I actually liked JJ more as it progressed. I guess we are all different. I am a fan of david tennant, and thought his performance was particularly fab.

If you like DD s1 Matt, you will love 2. I don't know how you feel about action, but there is a LOT more of it. There is a stairway scene that is absolutely breathtaking. I don't know how else to describe it. I was literally on the edge of my seat (well bed, in front of netflix retina macbook lol), biting my nails.
Really enjoyed DD1. So followed it up with DD2 until, er, 4.15am. Well, it was a bank holiday weekend ;)

The "one-take" corridor fight in S1, clearly inspired by Oldboy (and a lot of The Raid in there too), was fabulous. The stairway scene in S2 was also great, as was all the stuff in the prison too.

On balance S2 was stronger character-wise with better roles for Foggy and Karen, and the addition of Punisher (that early two-hander between Cox and Berthnal before that Dogs fight was outstanding) but I'm not sure I really bought into the actress playing Elektra, pretty but either wooden or just really badly written, and I thought S2 had a weaker season finale, with that massive army of The Hand waiting on the roof and coming up the stairs suddenly disappearing like Rebels in an Endor forest, leaving only about 8 of them for DD and Elektra to actually fight. And something something Black Sky. It was all a bit vague at that point. What was the 40-storey pit about? (I guessed digging up the sarcophagus, but I don't know)

And then Clancy Brown appears at the trial. "Oh, Clancy Brown! I bet he turns up later as a baddie!" ... six hours* later... "Ah! Karen's at Clancy Brown's place! I bet she sees something in one of the photos on that makes her realise that... !" D'oh! ;)

Theo.M

29 Mar 2016

Yeah the hole got me a bit confused as well. I don't feel that dumb about it now, if it also confused someone as smart as you ( i mean that sincerely).

The stairway scene just blew me away..

I really liked the casting choice for the punisher. Elektra is very beautiful, very unique and exotic looking.. i think she was actually really good, i can't agree with you there.. i mean besides her looks, what i am saying is that I think she played the part well. Remember, Elektra is not the nice sort of person Jennifer Garner portrayed her as in those ghastly movies 10+ years back.

I agree, the final could have been better. Let's hope it gets renewed for S3 and they elaborate more on the missing links.

Cheers

Jmax

29 Mar 2016

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Jmax wrote:I finished over sea 2 of Daredevil, excellent. Great ninja like fight scenes and lots of them, good plot and not cheesy at all. I just started Jessica Jones and am hooked, at first I thought it might be a little lame with a chic but Marvel hasn't failed to impress.
I've been binging Daredevil S1 this weekend. Have been far more impressed so far (up to ep 9 atm) than with JJ, which does start in a very impressive and addictive manor. Unfortunately after the strong opening, JJ just gets plain stupid at or around the ep7 mark as the writers realise they have run out of plot with five or six episodes still to fill. So what would have worked brilliantly as a tightly plotted 8-parter, the second half of the season is flabby and filler padded and with ever-increasingly dumb character motivations (the therapy group! The "tank"! Jeri!).
Yeah, I'm up to ep 7 in JJ now and your absolutely right. It started out great but just seems a little dry now with. The whole JJ wanting to go to Supermax.. lol common. Killgrave just doesn't seem scary. More of a comical pervert. Actually I'm most interested in what happens with the lesbian divorce more then anything ;P weird

• Information