Nested quotes..

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
normen

15 Apr 2015

I was wondering if theres an option to disable nested quotes on the forum, most forum software allows this. I personally always delete the nested quotes (which can be annoying when on iPad) but some don't and that makes for threads where each post becomes longer and longer..

Maybe some people actually like nested quotes though, thoughts?

Tincture

15 Apr 2015

They are a complete ball-ache when using my phone - as are the inserts, such as songs and pictures.

No biggie though. But if people could be bothered to tidy up the irrelevant that would be nice.

Lunesis

15 Apr 2015

I tried, there isn't. Devs have been promising forum upgrades since the end of January but I'm starting to have my doubts. 

JNeffLind

18 Apr 2015

I feel the same irritation, but really it's about the users not taking the time to delete what they don't intend to quote, since Lunesis doesn't have the option yet to change it.

I'd kind of like to see a tongue in cheek PSA done by one of our video makers about how to navigate nested quotes, particularly if it has lots of over the top beratement like Hydlide's Discover video.   ;)

craven

18 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I feel the same irritation, but really it's about the users not taking the time to delete what they don't intend to quote, since Lunesis doesn't have the option yet to change it.
I thought so too, but forgot about the mobile users - editing on a phone can be quite a struggle. I hate it for sure! :)
:ugeek:

joeyluck

18 Apr 2015

JNeffLind wrote:I feel the same irritation, but really it's about the users not taking the time to delete what they don't intend to quote, since Lunesis doesn't have the option yet to change it.
craven wrote:
I thought so too, but forgot about the mobile users - editing on a phone can be quite a struggle. I hate it for sure! :)
I've seen some users make the nested quotes smaller, such as this ^
If the devs could make an option to make nested quotes smaller by default, that would be great as well. 

Funny thing is, some users delete nested quotes, and it removes all context for us other users (particularly at times when context is needed). And when a thread is large, it's hard to be on the same page without that context. And then there's a communication breakdown and arguments resulting from them lol.

JNeffLind

18 Apr 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Funny thing is, some users delete nested quotes, and it removes all context for us other users (particularly at times when context is needed). And when a thread is large, it's hard to be on the same page without that context. And then there's a communication breakdown and arguments resulting from them lol.

Good point. I've definitely been guilty on other forums of reading the OP, skimming page 1, then hitting reply without reading pages 2-10 first. Then I see something on page 10 above my reply and respond to that, etc. 

I guess on this forum though I find myself compelled to read everything.

• Information